Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - CLEVELAND HUNTINGTON BEACH PUTTERS

JBones

Great start guy's, gonna follow this ;)

Driver:           :PXG:0811 XF GEN4 10,5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 60 regular shaft.

Hybrids:        :cobra-small:  FLY-Z 3/4/5 , VLCT ALTUS R-flex 75gr. shaft.

Irons:             :cobra-small:  Speedzone One Length Irons 5-GW - KBS Tour 90 Regular shaft.

Wedges:        ST8TS Tour T Wedges 52-56-60 + 1,5cm KBS regular shaft.

Putter:            MLA Tour XDream 'Black Edition' Superstroke 3.0 slim (standard 34")

Ball's:             :honma: D1 and TW-X for the moment till i can find a better deal 😉

Rangefinder:  Garmin Fenix 6X Pro, ZIYOUHU Chinese laser, Garmin Approach X40., SwingU app.

Privileged to been testing the MLA Tour XDream BLACK EDITION SuperStroke 3.0 slim AND SwingU app for MyGolfSpy!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So questions is what you guys want.

How does the feel compare to your gamer right now?

How is the feel off of the face compared to other putters you've used?

Sent from my LG-H820 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I am going to cover that in stage two, so all I'm going to say is better.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

So questions is what you guys want.

How does the feel compare to your gamer right now?

How is the feel off of the face compared to other putters you've used?

Sent from my LG-H820 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Great questions. I'll also be covering this in phase 2.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Great questions. I'll also be covering this in phase 2.

I'll cover these as well in more depth, but I'll say that right I'm very impressed with this putter

Ping G20 driver through wedges

Bombtech blade putter

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

I picked up a HB1 over the winter and never gave it any time. I have been putting so poorly this season I started playing around with it again in on the carpet and I think this will be in my. AC for my next round out. Really impressed with the feel and the pricing is even better.

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, stage 2 is up! Please feel free to ask questions.

Very interesting that you prefer this to the Scotty. Just goes to show that affordable putters can also get the job done. Well done, GolfJunkie.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Very interesting that you prefer this to the Scotty. Just goes to show that affordable putters can also get the job done. Well done, GolfJunkie.

Yeah, I was surprised as well. My Scotty is a few years old (released in 2011, I think) but they have not changed too much since then, so I was kind of expecting to like the Scotty better...

Yeah, I was surprised as well. My Scotty is a few years old (released in 2011, I think) but they have not changed too much since then, so I was kind of expecting to like the Scotty better...

I think people have an expectation based on price. How much a putter costs doesn't influence how often the ball goes into the hole. It is better to find the putter that fits your stroke and enables you to start the ball online and control the speed. Basically, you have 2 choices fit your stroke to a putter you like or find a putter you like that fits your stroke.

Can you provide differences between the Cameron and Cleveland such as weight, loft, toe hang, neck, offset since these are important characteristics in putting performance

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Weight of Cleveland is 345g. Not sure about the Cameron, but definitely heavier. Cameron loft is 4° to Cleveland's 3°. Both are 1/4 toe hang, I believe. Offset for the scotty is full shaft. Don't know about the Cleveland. Hope this kind of answers your question, cnosil.

Weight of Cleveland is 345g. Not sure about the Cameron, but definitely heavier. Cameron loft is 4° to Cleveland's 3°. Both are 1/4 toe hang, I believe. Offset for the scotty is full shaft. Don't know about the Cleveland. Hope this kind of answers your question, cnosil.

Forgot to add, both hosels are a plumber's neck design.

I can't believe it - I forgot about lie! Cameron is 71°, Cleveland is 70° bent to 69°.

Great Stage 2 Junkie. I'm gonna ask you my favorite question for putters:

What's the longest putt you've made with this putter?

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Perhaps you are seeing better performance from your Cleveland because it is a better fit for your stroke.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Perhaps you are seeing better performance from your Cleveland because it is a better fit for your stroke.

Yeah, I also like the larger grip on it (Winn Pro X 1.32). My other grip is just the SC Pistolero...

Great Stage 2 Junkie. I'm gonna ask you my favorite question for putters:

What's the longest putt you've made with this putter?

Oh, good one! I am going to say a downhill, 45 footer for birdie. I was nervous about that putt because 12 feet behind the hole, there was a sharp, downhill slope. This putt was during one of my first several rounds with the putter so it didn't take long to get adjusted!

I will have mine up by the weekend, finishing it up so it's perfect and getting my pictures together

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

My stage 2 is up and ready to be read

Great review coog!

Do you think there's a chance that the Seemore performed better just because you're more comfortable with it? I'd love to see what kind of results you get if you leave the Seemore in the garage for a while.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Great review coog!

Do you think there's a chance that the Seemore performed better just because you're more comfortable with it? I'd love to see what kind of results you get if you leave the Seemore in the garage for a while.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

I think its a factor for sure. I did feel I was pulling putts with the Cleveland on the shorter lengths. Im more than willing to admit its probably an indian not an arrow situation but the Arrow seems to just work a little better with the Seemore on the short ones.

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

Likelihood of purchase

If MGS took the club away from me today I would go out and buy it again tomorrow.

Man! What an awesome quote. While that would be super cruel, I love your conviction.

How are you handling make-able pressure putts? Saving awesome pars or putts for milestone birdies? Those are always a great litmus test for a putter's worth.

Man! What an awesome quote. While that would be super cruel, I love your conviction.

How are you handling make-able pressure putts? Saving awesome pars or putts for milestone birdies? Those are always a great litmus test for a putter's worth.

I play in a league and we play a scramble format. Since getting this putter I have suddenly become the guy that the other guys on my team are volunteering to go first so I can get a read to make the putt. That didn't usually happen before. It depends on the distance, stuff inside of 8 feet I know I have a chance of making and I feel pretty good, outside of 8 feet I may go for it but I'm more or less just trying to get it within a foot for a tap in and this putter does not disappoint in any way as I am able to do with a putt what I want to do with it, with this putter in hand. 

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Cleveland Huntington Beach 6c – Official MGS Forum Review by numberonecoog

attachicon.gif20170710_180619.jpg

Player Biography

Alright everyone! Its time for us to get down to the nitty gritty. Lets get into me a little bit. I am numberonecoog. I have been hovering around a 10 this year. Ive dropped down as low as a 9.6 and have shot up to a 10.2. I got some low scores dropping off of my handicap so its starting to get right around the number it should be.Anyone who has played golf with me will tell you I am a terrible putter. I have tried a bunch of different weights, head shapes, lengths, lie angles, and alignment lines and nothing seemed to work.  I was given the wonderful opportunity to test out the Huntington Beach 6c Putter. I ordered it with the Winn no taper and at 34 inches. It is also 2 degrees flat which I have learned really works for me. This putter is going up against my Seemore Sb1. I found the Seemore on the used putter rack and decided to give it a roll. It was love at first putt. I dont know what it was but I couldnt miss with the thing. I traded in my Odyssey Toe Up on the spot and bought the Seemore. I have never putted better since buying it. I dont know if its the aluminum feel, weight, lie, length, or shape. All I know is it works. The Cleveland has a tough opponent

attachicon.gif20170719_164855.jpg

Performance

Performance at the Practice Green

Like any good Spy the first thing I did was take some pictures. After pictures I kissed my wife and headed out to the practice green. The thing that caught my eye right off the bat was the size of the head compared to my Seemore. It was super tiny. I threw down 3 balls about 10 ft out and drained 2 of the 3. It was impressive to say the least. I grabbed the Seemore and made 2 of the 3 as well. I took the putters inside to about 5 ft. This is where I noticed a difference in the 2 putters. The Seemore made all 3 while the Cleveland made 1. The Cleveland was burning the edges but wouldnt quite fall in. Im not sure if this was because it was rolling better so instead of falling in it just rolled out. Either way it was noticeable.

After about 35-45 minutes I decided to call it a night. A few days later it was time to try again. This time I wanted to pay more attention to some longer 25-35 foot putts. On these long putts I noticed the ball was rolling better with the Cleveland. On some putts the Seemore would be short while the same length stroke would end up long with the Cleveland. I had much more confidence from further out with the Cleveland than the Seemore. I decided to go from one hole to another on the putting green and count how many it took me to get around. The Seemore got around the 9 holes in 17 strokes. The Cleveland took...17 strokes. I felt it was easier to line up my Seemore but that be because I Am just used to it. I will say I have never felt like I burn more edges than I did with the Cleveland. I dont really know if thats a positive or a negative. It could be a positive because maybe I am putting more putts close to the hole but if they dont go in does it matter?

Practice Green Score: 7.5 (Out of 10 points)

Performance on the Course

I was ready to get this thing out on the course. I wanted to see how it did when I was lined up over a birdie or more realistically a par putt. Out on the course I am very dependent on making up and downs to save pars. I pride myself on my wedge game and sticking it close to the hole. This does tend to skew some of my putting stats. If I am hitting greens in regulation then my putts will be higher. If I am not chipping as well I am going to have higher putts. A good solid round of putts for me is right around 30-32. I took the Cleveland out on the course twice and had round where I had 33 and 32 putts. It was average. I felt I could line the ball up pretty well. The short putt problem reared its ugly head a couple of times. Some pretty basic 5 footers lipped out. I also saw some distance control problems. Putts were going much further than they did with my Seemore. Some of the shorter putts were just blowing by the hole without a chance. One of these rounds I brought the Seemore out as well and putter from the same spot with both putters for a round. (Yes it was a twlight round and I was alone) The results were pretty similar to what I saw out on the putting green. The Seemore was better at short and medium putts while the Cleveland got me closer on longer putts. Overall the Seemore won by a stroke in one round and they tied in another. The Seemore felt better in my hands. The familiarity of it made it very comfortable out on the course. While there were things I loved about the Cleveland I dont know if it will beat out the Seemore. The biggest thing in my opinion when looking for a putter is knowing how far you will hit it and I didnt exactly have a ton of confidence in what the Cleveland was going to do.

Course Score: 30 (Out of 40 points)

attachicon.gif20170710_180635.jpg

Performance Notes

The club performed about as well I as could expect. I didnt expect to find something that automically put the ball in the hole. I was slightly disappointed with its performance on shorter putts. As someone who is dependent on getting up and down from short distances it cost me a few pars. It also did save me some strokes on longer putts so I guess it all comes out in the wash but for my game it did hurt a little. If you hit greens and find yourself with longer putts then this may be the putter for you. The ball rolls true off the face. I didnt find the ball wobbled off line. My biggest gripe was with the distance control. It felt like the ball almost too well.

attachicon.gif20170719_164801.jpg

Subjective

Looks

Describe the following:

The best thing they did with this putter was to follow KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid. There are no huge gawdy graphics. They kept the top fairly clean with a simple alignment line. Not crazy lines, no dots, no giant hunks taken out of the back in the shape of a ball etc. Just a silver head with a white line. If you like a simple club this is the one for you. When I pulled it out of the box my wife commented how great she thought it looked. Trust me she has seen a ton of golf clubs. I also thought it looked good for the most part. I do have to gripe about the finish. The brushed stainless looks cheap to me. The brushed stainless of something like a Scotty just looks better to me. Im not sure how one campanies brushed stainless looks different but it just does. My gamer is a massive sized mallet head. It was refreshing to get a putter that is much more tame. The way the shaft enters the clubhead looks great and doesnt cause too much of a distraction Also if I am being picky which I am I hate the black and blue color scheme. Every grip in my bag is red,grey, or black with red. It just clashes. Again not anything that would prevent me from buying it.

Looks Score:12 (Out of 15 points)

attachicon.gif20170710_180645.jpg

Sound and Feel

This is where the club truly shines. No matter the ball I used the club felt soft when hit well. The Seemore is much clickier which I never noticed until I hit the Cleveland. Its a solid mush. I know that seems contridictory but trust me it feels great. The other thing I really liked is the difference in feel between a good shot and bad one. Heel shots feel firmer. Toe shots make a nasty sound. I like this for the feed back. I grabbed one at the PGA Super Store by my house and comapred it to a Cameron and a Ping. The Cleveland felt just as good as those putters. I have always loved Carbon putters for the softness and great feedback. The Cleveland has done a great job of getting that same feed back in a stainless putter

Sound and Feel Score:15 (Out of 15 points)

attachicon.gifPutter Full.jpg

Likelihood of Purchase

This is my second review and just like the first one this is the hardest part to score. The putter feels great and performs just as well as my gamer. I personally wouldnt buy it because it wasnt better. That being said, if you are in the market for a new putter, there are worse options. Grab the Cleveland and try it before you just walk out of the store. You might save yourself 200 bucks. Take that money and go play some golf, buy some golf balls, get a new golf outfit. The value you get with this putter is great. You can have the feel of a premium putter for a third of the price. The putter didnt beat out what I currently have so it does take a hit. If I wanted a new putter then I would buy this putter no questions asked.

LOP Score:15 (Out of 20 points)

Subjective Notes

This putter isnt missing much in terms of feel and looks. I do have one gripe and recommendation. That would be to get it with the stock non Winn grip. This isnt really a Cleveland issue but the Winn Grip just doesnt feel right. The top has a noticable ridge that really bothered me. Again if you want something that feels and looks great give the Cleveland a look

[picture]

Questions & Answers.

The biggest question I see presented in the threads is do you like it more than your gamer?

I have to say I prefer the Seemore because it fits my game better it seems. The Cleveland feels and sounds better but results speak louder.

attachicon.gifPutter.jpg

Conclusion

This is a very nice putter but I will say it does seem to be in a weird spot. I cant really tell who its target market is. The milled face and fairly premium feeling head make me believe they truly want to cash in on some of that Scotty and Bettinardi money. At the same time things like the finish of the club scream a $100 dollar putter. Is the guy who wants a premium putter going to only pay $100 dollars for a putter and is the bargin shopping going to buy this over a $50 bargin bucket Rife. Right now at my local shop they have Ping TR putters that are a year or two old for 115. Most guys are going to grab the Ping without thinking because of the name. Again Its not that its a bad product I just have a hard time seeing where it fits. 

Total Score:79.5

Well done NOC and I enjoyed your review..  You mentioned that it was less than stellar from short range.  Do you thing that is because it is a center shafted model? 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Ole- I can see how that argument would be made. A lot of people tend to line up CS putters left. Which is where I was missing for the most part. I can say though the Seemore is for all intents and purposes a CS model as well and I do fine with it. 

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

A milled putter that made the 2017 MGS most wanted blade putter list at #4 and only costs $100—are you intrigued?

attachicon.gifIMG_2128.JPG

As I looked through this year's list of most wanted putters I had to do a double take on the price of the Cleveland Hunting Beach #1 putter. https://mygolfspy.com/2017-mygolfspy-most-wanted-blade-putter/ Milled putters typically are not in this price range. Really, any putters—be they milled or insert, are not typically in this price range, particularly from a company with the brand awareness of a Cleveland Golf—granted their reputation is tied to wedges and not putters, but still. This putter immediately stood out on this list as a putter worth trying.

attachicon.gifIMG_2125.JPG

I want to thank MGS for the opportunity to test this putter. I will do my best to give you my impressions on this stick and give the reader enough information to decide if this is a putter that should be considered. Please feel free to ask any questions you have about the putter or things you would like to see in stage 2 or 3 of the review. In this stage I'll first list some of the specifications for the putter and tell you a little bit about me. In the second stage I'll be covering performance notes and impressions. In the third stage I'll provide some recommendations on who this putter might be for and a few final thoughts.

I will be reviewing the Huntington Beach #1 putter with the Winn Pro X 1.32 grip.

attachicon.gifIMG_2124.JPG

The Huntington Beach Collection:

I know this information is on their website, but I thought it would be worthwhile to replicate some of the specifics of this lineup here for quick reference. I think many of you know that Cleveland and Srixon are teamed up as a single company with the Srixon brand carrying drivers, woods, hybrids, irons and balls while the Cleveland moniker covers wedges and putters. So between the two brands, they have your complete lineup covered. I personally have never had any Cleveland clubs in my bag but I know some people rave about their wedges.

The Cleveland Huntington Beach Collection currently has six models in their lineup: #1, #3, #4, #6, #6C, and #10. The model I will be reviewing is the #1 which is a classic plumber's neck-Anser style putter. The #4 appears to be similar to #1 but with sharper lines as compared to the smoother transitions of the #1. #3 is a slant neck style putter and #6, #6C and #10 are variations of the mid-mallet style.

Here are the stock specifications and custom options available per their website:

Length: Stock lengths are 33”, 34” or 35”. The #1 model also has a 32” “Women's” length

Lie: 70 degrees stock. This can be adjusted up to 3 degrees upright to 2 degrees flat.

Loft: 3 degrees stock. This can be adjusted up to 2 degrees weak or strong.

Head Weight: 345g for blades, 365g for mid-mallets

Grips: Stock grip is a Cleveland branded midsize rubber grip weighing 85g (74g for the women's version). For a $10 upcharge you can order an Oversized Winn Pro X grip in sizes 1.18, 1.32, and 1.60 in black or white or a Rosemark Thorn 1.52” grip in black or blue.

attachicon.gifIMG_2123.JPG

For my southpaw friends—the only model that comes left handed is the #1. This definitely sucks but I'll let me fellow testers that are left-handed lament this fact as their gripes will be more authentic than any that this right-hander could write.

The face of the putter is what Cleveland describes as a precision milled face with a diamond-shaped pattern that is four times deeper than their previous generation. They claim that the deeper milling helps with feel and increased friction to help give it a more consistent roll. The head is made with 304 stainless steel which Cleveland claims is a softer feel than 17-4 stainless steel. This is an odd comment to tout because upon looking up a few of the other manufacturers who currently use stainless steel for their milled offerings, the majority appear to be using 303 or 304 and not 17-4. I'll provide my impressions of feel in stage 2.

attachicon.gifIMG_2126.JPG

About me:

I started golfing about 12 years ago at the age of 23. I always liked the idea of the sport due to growing up in the Tiger era but hadn't really had the opportunity to play as a kid or through college because of the expense. My first experience with golf was taking a golf class in my last term of college because I needed one more credit to get to full-time status and it seemed like a fun thing to do. A couple of years later my brother decided to take up the game since he got a job in the business world and I thought it would be fun to learn with him. So we each got a set of Golden Bear clubs from Costco and hacked our way into a growing affection for the sport.

When I go practice at the range I am usually hitting irons so I probably don't give enough attention to the practice putting greens as I should. Generally my putting improves as the season goes on but I would probably average 36 putts per round with my biggest weakness being lag putting.

I am from and currently live in the great state of Oregon. Wet weather can be in issue for us in the winter but fortunately our summers are fantastic for golf so the greens are at their peak right now which make for good testing.

The current putter in my bag is the Nike Origin Method B1-01 putter with a Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip. I also have a Ping Anser Milled 2 Putter with a Superstroke Fatso 5.0 grip. I'll be comparing the performance of the Cleveland up against these two putters. (I have one other putter that has won my affection but will not be in the comparison, the reason becoming apparent if you look at the pictures here: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/18524-jiro-dreams-of-putters/?hl=%2Bjiro+%2Bdreams+%2Bof+%2Bputters ).

I chose the #1 Huntington Beach model because I like the look of the Anser-style putters and thought that it would be the most comparable to the putters I currently own and give the best opportunity to do a fair comparison on the performance. As you can see from the picture below, the toe hang on each of the three putters is nearly identical and are supposed to fit a “Slight Arc” stroke type. I discovered that I was in the slight arc stroke camp by using the Ping putter app a few years ago so that is one of the main things I look out for in a new putter. I haven't yet done a proper putter fitting but it is on my list of someday.

attachicon.gifIMG_2122.JPG

Here is a spec comparison of the three putters:

Cleveland: 345g, 304 SS, 70 degrees lie, 3 degrees loft, $100

Nike: 345g, 304 SS, 70 degrees lie, 3 degrees loft, $350 (original price new)

Ping: 345g, 303 SS, 70 degrees lie standard (but bent 1 degree flat-“red dot”), 3 degrees loft, $300 (original price new)

Expectations:

It will be interesting to see if the Cleveland has any clear performance benefits over the other two as the specs are pretty much identical. The alignment aids are even similar between the three with the main noticeable difference being the style of face milling. My suspicion is that they should all perform similarly so I am not expecting any one to have a huge advantage over another—but that is why we run the race. You will note though that both the Nike and Ping putters were originally priced in the premium putter range (although I did not pay anywhere near full price for either of them). So if they do perform similarly but the Cleveland is a third of the cost—that would be an interesting development.

attachicon.gifIMG_2127.JPG

Likelihood of purchase

If MGS took the club away from me today I would go out and buy it again tomorrow.

If that statement doesn't say a lot right there, I don't know what would.   

Also nicely done review...enjoyed it a lot. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Hey all, been on vacation so missed getting my review up the same week as my fellow testers.  I have mine cued up and ready to go but want to take some more pictures this weekend and will upload my post shortly thereafter.  Any specific questions out there that people are curious about?

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Archived