Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - CLEVELAND HUNTINGTON BEACH PUTTERS

JBones

I think people have an expectation based on price. How much a putter costs doesn't influence how often the ball goes into the hole. It is better to find the putter that fits your stroke and enables you to start the ball online and control the speed. Basically, you have 2 choices fit your stroke to a putter you like or find a putter you like that fits your stroke.

Great comment on expectations.  I think the Cleveland team is doing something very intentional with their pricing approach but it does not mean that the putter is inferior in its performance.  Ultimately different putters are going to work better or worse for different people based on their stroke type and preferences on alignment aids so you have to try a bunch and see what works best for you.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.......I know some of you will say that one should use whatever club leads to the lowest scores and forget about how it looks—I highly respect this utilitarian view and have no rational counter-argument to this other than that is not how I am wired and subjective criteria has a big impact on a purchase decision.....

I really love this quote. It's so eloquently posed in a neutral way.

I also love how you were fair in your evaluation. You called out the reasons why you deducted points with specific examples.

Great Stage 2! I'll be interested to see if it earns a spot in your bag by the time you submit Stage 3 because you've basically got 3 identical putters to choose between.

Here's my question for you:

Can you rank your 3 putters based on your confidence level if you had to make a 10ft putt to win the Masters?

Follow up: What if you had to two putt from 60ft to win The Open?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Thanks for the comments STUDque.

Going with my gut right now I would probably rank them Nike, then Cleveland, then Ping in either scenario. The thing to keep in mind though was that the Nike was my gamer so that may account for more confidence in it even though the test data shows them to be similar. I'll think about this some more as I continue to use the Cleveland through stage 3 and let you know if this changes.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Guys I'm impressed with these reviews, great work. I've been looking hard at the #6 model (I have a blade right now and don't really like it). Do you feel like the head is over-sized or is it smaller and more mid-mallet like? I am very interested in the amount of forgiveness these putters seem to have. Thanks again!

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Guys I'm impressed with these reviews, great work. I've been looking hard at the #6 model (I have a blade right now and don't really like it). Do you feel like the head is over-sized or is it smaller and more mid-mallet like? I am very interested in the amount of forgiveness these putters seem to have. Thanks again!

I got to say its pretty small. It reminds me of a scotty fast back 

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

Definitely smaller than a full mallet. A mid mallet to a T. It's got a good bit of weight to it and feels like it swings on a pendulum.

Ping G20 driver through wedges

Bombtech blade putter

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

Sorry about not commenting earlier, You guys did  great job.. Since I am NOT a putter ho, like some of you.. I might take a look at these the next time i'm in a store or pro shop with them.. 

Jiro- after using the Nike and PIng, Does the Cleveland Stay or go??? 

Junkie- did it dethrone the Bettinardi?  

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Sorry about not commenting earlier, You guys did great job.. Since I am NOT a putter ho, like some of you.. I might take a look at these the next time i'm in a store or pro shop with them..

Yep, I made the switch and I'm making more putts!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Sorry about not commenting earlier, You guys did great job.. Since I am NOT a putter ho, like some of you.. I might take a look at these the next time i'm in a store or pro shop with them..

I'll be revealing this in my upcoming stage 3.

My stage 3 is up!

Stage 3 is up!

Great reviews guys!

@Brj

I'm glad to see you've found a certified gamer you can rely on. Hope it lasts!

@Jiro,

I was definitely pulling for the HB but I understand why you'd stick with the Nike. Have you considered trading the #1 for the #10?

PS. What happened to Rikki's review? It's a shame he took the club and ran.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Great reviews guys!

@Brj

I'm glad to see you've found a certified gamer you can rely on. Hope it lasts!

@Jiro,

I was definitely pulling for the HB but I understand why you'd stick with the Nike. Have you considered trading the #1 for the #10?

PS. What happened to Rikki's review? It's a shame he took the club and ran.

I was wondering about his review too

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I was wondering about his review too

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It's just so lame. Hey, MGS does still have his address... 🤔

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

@Jiro,

I have thought about it. If I do, I'll try and write some notes about it.

I have thought about it. If I do, I'll try and write some notes about it.

I'd bet you could come close to breaking even on eBay.

• 4 weeks later...

Really enjoying reading these reviews. I have been going back and forth between a Huntington Beach 6C and 3 in the bag recently--I was lucky enough to win the 6C in a contest, and I liked it so much that I ordered the 3 just to have a blade style to mess around with.

If I had to choose between the two of them at the moment, I'd probably stick with the 6C, but I developed a lot of trust in it over the summer tournament season and set a new personal best by shooting 74 twice with it in the bag. I find it to be very easy to align, and my preferred stroke is square-to-square, so the center shaft works well for me. I also like the 360 gram weight.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have put the 3 in play just to test it out. I really like the feel of the sweet spot on this putter--a well-struck putt comes off the face soft and smooth. I also really like the squared off look of the top line at address. Very sturdy and solid-looking.

I am definitely a tinkerer when it comes to putting. I have 6-7 just sitting around in the basement and practice putting on the carpet while the TV is on. The great thing about the HB putters is that the price point isn't prohibitively expensive if I want to try a new or different style.

Archived