TESTERS WANTED! ×

Low torque, active tip shafts!

Help me out here! I'm looking for a shaft that has low torque but that will launch the ball mid-high. So far, I have UST Axiv-Core Black, Diamana Red Board, and Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 65 on the list, is there anything else I should look at?

Titleist 909D2 | Taylormade r7 Ti | Titleist 909 H 19* | Mizuno MX-300 4-GW - Nippon 1050GH | Vokey SM 56*, 60* | Odyssey Black Series i #9 - UST Frequency Filtered |

How about the Aldila DVS? Or are you looking for less than 3.0 torque?

hmmmm did not even think of that shaft!! Thanks, 3.3 is pretty low, i'll be sure to check it out.

Titleist 909D2 | Taylormade r7 Ti | Titleist 909 H 19* | Mizuno MX-300 4-GW - Nippon 1050GH | Vokey SM 56*, 60* | Odyssey Black Series i #9 - UST Frequency Filtered |

Don't trust the manufacturers torque measurements. There is no industry standard for this.

Bingo, torgue is a such a misleading term these days as there are no standards. One companies low torque is not comparable to another and the more shafts you try the more you realize this.

• 5 weeks later...

Ozik X-Con 6 or 7 has a very low torque rating and an active tip section.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

• 2 weeks later...

ONCE THE CLUB IS CUT THE TORQUE CHANGES AT PLAYING LENGTH SO YOU WOULD NEED HE SST PURE AUTOMATED MACHINE TO IDENTIFY WHAT TORQUE WORKS WELL FOR YOU AT PLAYING LENGTH. WE USE THE MACHINE DAY IN AND DAY OUT AND DONT BE FOOLED BY WHATS ON THE SHAFT.

MITSUBISHI IL'MA WHICH REPLACED THE REDBOARD MIGHT BE ONE OF THE TOP 2 SHAFTS SHAFTS ON THE MAKET RIGHT NOW GIVE IT A TRY

Archived