Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Hogan arises again

ddryan

If I'm reading their factory-direct business model correctly, potential customers will need to get fitted independently and send The Ben Hogan Co. their personalized specs? No middle men whatsoever? Very interesting concept.

I hope it works out for them.

I'm reading this a little differently. They will build only "stock" sets. Standard length and lie. Two or three types of shafts offered and a couple types of loft progressions.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Oh just die already!

No love for Hogan?? 

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I hope they succeed at their new business model, but I do see the draw back on the big chunk of the market for players that want to try before they buy. If you've never used any of their products before how can you be certain that what you buy is going to be the best thing for you? They say you can go to a fitter and send in your specs but if you're not hitting their product how will you know that those specs are what you need?

Driver - Ping G5 10.5

3W & 5W - Taylormade aeroburner 

Irons - Cobra Amp cell 4-GW 

Wedge - Titleist Volky 60deg

Putter - Odyssey V-7 tank superstoke long grip

Oh, and with Hogan irons with just the lofts -- the trick is to identify what club is your 7-iron, and work form there. It's not that hard - took about 13 holes to figure it all out.

But I am not that smart it would have taken me longer than that. But then again you are dealing with a man that had 2 V Steels in his bag a 7 & 9 woods looked just alike with the same shafts and all. Mistook the 7 wood for the 9 wood and air mailed it 40 yards over the green one day. Took the Sharpie and marked 7&9 of the respective woods on the shaft under the grips.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I'm reading this a little differently. They will build only "stock" sets. Standard length and lie. Two or three types of shafts offered and a couple types of loft progressions.

If that is the case you may have to have them fine tuned by your fitter

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

what if you get your clubs bent though ???

They offer clubs in every single loft, 20* through 63*. No need to bend em, just order a club up or down 1*

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Not anymore I believe. Now you have to buy 'Sets"

Yes but you would just buy the set that matches the lofts you want. So, instead of buying Mizuno's JPX900s and having them all bent 1* strong, you would just buy the set that is already 1* stronger. You can also find them all over eBay in new or near new condition and buy them one club at a time.

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Yes but you would just buy the set that matches the lofts you want. So, instead of buying Mizuno's JPX900s and having them all bent 1* strong, you would just buy the set that is already 1* stronger. You can also find them all over eBay in new or near new condition and buy them one club at a time.

True but that seems like a lot of work for average jo schmo.

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

Free shipping through 8/30 on their site... use code FREESHIP.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

True but that seems like a lot of work for average jo schmo.

Is it more work for the average Joe Schmo than taking irons in to have their lofts bent?

Ok, the day after Hogan went back online, I placed an order. I picked up a 56* TK Wedge and a 20*Ft Worth hi iron. That was on the 27th, they arrived at my door this morning. Not a bad turnaround time, going from Texas to California! Packaging was great, same classic Hogan box, each club secured and wrapped inside the box.

The wedge came with the KBS FST Wedge shaft in gun metal grey, this is a change from their earlier stock Wedge shafts which we just the KBS tours in the weight/stiffness of your choosing. I like it!

On the Ft Worth hi, they now have a #4 on the backside of the neck, indicating which club it's supposed to be in addition to just a loft stamp.

Grips are unchanged, same Lamkin Ace 3Gens (although, peculiarly, both the 56* & 20* came with the wedge grip?). Anyway, they're in good shape, showed up fast. The grip thing gives me a little pause but other than that, looking good!

CCF40E6C-5AC8-4E60-91CB-14FCBA1BEF57.JPG956EB124-CEB2-42C2-9326-B911F14FFEAA.JPGF032F1B4-AB59-45EA-B7BB-C78053048FE1.JPG4A33B306-CAFC-49F4-A5EC-0719AB1BDE9B.JPG7E4FB875-33A1-4342-86DE-0C42B5A81223.JPG

Sent from my Augusta National using MyGolfSpy

This might be the time that I purchase a new 60 degree,  

Driver : Cobra LTD pro x-stiff 9.5 degrees

3 wood: TaylorMade RBZ tour spoon 13 degrees

5 wood: Titleist 906F 18 degrees

Irons: Mizuno MP-64 $-taper 130

wedges: Mizuno S5 50,56 - Cleveland 60 degree 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3

Ok, the day after Hogan went back online, I placed an order. I picked up a 56* TK Wedge and a 20*Ft Worth hi iron. That was on the 27th, they arrived at my door this morning. Not a bad turnaround time, going from Texas to California! Packaging was great, same classic Hogan box, each club secured and wrapped inside the box.

The wedge came with the KBS FST Wedge shaft in gun metal grey, this is a change from their earlier stock Wedge shafts which we just the KBS tours in the weight/stiffness of your choosing. I like it!

On the Ft Worth hi, they now have a #4 on the backside of the neck, indicating which club it's supposed to be in addition to just a loft stamp.

Grips are unchanged, same Lamkin Ace 3Gens (although, peculiarly, both the 56* & 20* came with the wedge grip?). Anyway, they're in good shape, showed up fast. The grip thing gives me a little pause but other than that, looking good!

attachicon.gifCCF40E6C-5AC8-4E60-91CB-14FCBA1BEF57.JPGattachicon.gif956EB124-CEB2-42C2-9326-B911F14FFEAA.JPGattachicon.gifF032F1B4-AB59-45EA-B7BB-C78053048FE1.JPGattachicon.gif4A33B306-CAFC-49F4-A5EC-0719AB1BDE9B.JPGattachicon.gif7E4FB875-33A1-4342-86DE-0C42B5A81223.JPG

Sent from my Augusta National using MyGolfSpy

They are great looking clubs!

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

this is pretty cool... made the golf channel morning drive program... 

http://www.golfchannel.com/video/advanced-technology-ben-hogan-clubs/

these might be the best deal on the market... 665/770 w/free shipping...

I like the double red stripe on the ferrule.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

this is pretty cool... made the golf channel morning drive program... 

http://www.golfchannel.com/video/advanced-technology-ben-hogan-clubs/

these might be the best deal on the market... 665/770 w/free shipping...

I like the double red stripe on the ferrule.

Carryover ferrule that's on the SCOR wedges.  I like it too, but can't find them available anywhere.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I just received the Hogan carry bag - 82.50, but I had ordered it before the free shipping, so 100 flat- great bag, well made, love the colors (Red, White and Blue with that great HOGAN Script on the side). I may get two new wedges if I can sneak them in without the "she who must be obeyed" finding out...

BH1Bag_03_1902x.jpg

BH1Bag_03_1902x.jpg

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Carryover ferrule that's on the SCOR wedges.  I like it too, but can't find them available anywhere.

You can't find Hogans or you can't find custom ferrules with the red stripes?

Ferrules

Hogans

I am glad to see them back.

I would love to gettwedges through ft worth hi 3 iron.

But. I'm bummed. I did not get along with the tour v shafts in the clubs, and unfortunately they won't sell just the heads or do custom orders. If I buy the set and have px7.0s thrown in, the saving is a wash.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Archived