Would you watch a major on tv or play golf?

Our Sponsors

I would play because I love to play and mainly because I don't have cable tv or even a tv, but I'd still check my phone for updates.

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 hybrid regular shaft 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

I Almost always go for watching the Major. I figure there are only 4 weekends a year for those and that leaves 48 to play. Well minus 1 to 16 of them for that winter thing. Ha

This past Saturday was the first Saturday of a major I didn't watch in probably 7 or 8 years. Although several have been on DVR later in the day if I was busy early on. As I did play in a large out of area outing that day.

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

This is a tough one for me. Can I pick to golf on Saturday and watch the Major on Sunday?

IF I had to pick, I'd probably choose to watch the Major. Like CG said, there are still plenty other days to golf.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

Of course I'd play - I would record the major or check my phone. I played during the final round of this years Masters.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

This is a tough one for me. Can I pick to golf on Saturday and watch the Major on Sunday?

IF I had to pick, I'd probably choose to watch the Major. Like CG said, there are still plenty other days to golf.

Yeah. I think I'm unusual compared to most of my buddies. They would all choose play. But I'm kinda a couch potato by nature anyway, lol
  • Like 3

Of course I'd play - I would record the major or check my phone. I played during the final round of this years Masters.

I started to reply, you could have played in the morning then watched the final round..,then thought.....oh yeah, Probably not

As Tsauer said, I'd love to play Saturday and watch the final round Sunday, but if I had to choose, I too would watch the major. I can always play during the week if absolutely necessary, so taking a couple days off isn't going to kill me

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

I'd play golf over watching golf 100% of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

Being on the west coast... I can head the course early in the morning and be home to watch the broadcast for most tournaments, including majors.  The exception is the Open Championship where I watch the tournament, then go hit the links.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Majors broadcasts usually last the whole day, so I'll play in the morning then watch TV.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

DVR the major, and go play.

• Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I can tell you--- I will play. I actually turned down a free trip on a Thursday a long time ago to the Masters. But to be honest I had been there a bunch of times when I was younger with my old man (we went every year). I also owned my own truck then and had came in after a month on the road. The guy that invited me has his own airplane and I do not fly any more> This guy I will not ride in a car with much less fly in an airplane with anyhow.  I had several invites this year to the Wells Fargo which was being played up the road from me in Wilmington NC and did not go. In my the last thing a truck driver wants to do on the weekends off is run up and down the road. But the bottom line is I do not care what is on if I want to play I will go play

• Like 1

Driver --- TM M-6 Evenflow 5.5 R 45 gr--- 4W Adams Tight Lies 16* Bassara 55g R flex-- 5W Adams Tight Lies 19* Bassara 55g R Flex--- Irons 5 thru PW Taylor Made TP CB ( 2018)  Steelfiber I 95 R Flex--- GW Callaway X Jaws CC 52* stock steel shaft--- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400--- Putter Scotty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft "Rusty" Bag Old School Jones Classic 

I'd play. To be honest, I find watching TV golf kind of boring.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: TBA
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I am going to play and it the golf is still in when I get home I will watch. I find that I am watching less and less golf on TV

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

you mean play golf on the weekend?  as a married man?  with 2 young kids?  .... that chance doesn't come along too often... only thing I might give up playing for is the SuperBowl... but that doesn't start until 6:30 pm ... so... no question about it... I'd be on the links.

• Like 3

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | SC Newport 3

Being on the west coast... I can head the course early in the morning and be home to watch the broadcast for most tournaments, including majors.  The exception is the Open Championship where I watch the tournament, then go hit the links.

I lived in SOCAL for a few years, one thing I liked about it was football games (my team was still an east coast team) came on at 10:00 and were over by 1:00, so there was plenty of day left.   

One thing I didn't like, was Monday Night Football starting at 5:00 PM with LA traffic, taking me 1.5 hours to get home, most times we ended up watching it a bar for Happy Hour.

• Like 1