TESTERS WANTED! ×

• 2 weeks later...

Try this, take your normal stance so you are correctly aligned then move your left foot rearwards slightly, (half to a whole foot), then swing as normal, this helps clear the hips and is less of a strain on the body for us older types. It does not affect your alignment as you were already correctly aligned to start with.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

Agreed on the foot turning, it's what I have to do to get my hips to turn, though I think it do it the opposite that Speszel said unless I'm reading it wrong.

I set up normally then I angle my front foot away from my body somewhere in the ~20 degree range which allows my hips to turn properly instead to stopping at address

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Agreed on the foot turning, it's what I have to do to get my hips to turn, though I think it do it the opposite that Speszel said unless I'm reading it wrong.

I set up normally then I angle my front foot away from my body somewhere in the ~20 degree range which allows my hips to turn properly instead to stopping at address

Works the same, Mindy Blake advocated an open stance, he even rotated both feet towards the target. Rotating the lead foot toward the target or moving the lead foot back slightly, I think, achieves the same end.

Found this somewhere:

Mindy Blake's 'Golf: The Technique Barrier' was published in 1979. The book was considered unconventional and heretic then and anyone reading it today would probably feel the same way. Mindy, an engineer and scientist, based the book on his studies of the body mechanics of the golf swing. One of the imperatives of Mindy's Reflex Swing was the bent right elbow (BRE) at impact, a characteristic very evident in Ben Hogan's swing. BRE is commonly observed among excellent ballstrikers who, like Ben, have modern rotary-type swings. Hunter Mahan's swing comes to mind:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3cP3IRF4vAY

BRE necessitates open body and shoulders at impact, another commonly observed trait of a ballstriker who's rotating hard left. I'm not an expert on biomechanics or the golf swing for that matter. But I think BRE and open shoulders at impact go hand in hand in a biomechanically sound non-slinging, rotary swing. The Reflex Swing also called for a very open stance while Ben employed a 'diagonal stance', both of which flared the left foot towards the target. Both stances helped Ben & Mindy move/rotate through the ball aggressively and finish in balance.

Here are some photos of Mindy demonstrating the Reflex Swing:

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d60/BobM...0Golf%20Photos/

Ben & Mindy had very different swings. Ben's was powerful yet elegant. Mindy looked like a hunchback playing tennis. But one can't help but think if the underlying biomechanics are more similar. If they are, then Ben Hogan did indeed built a swing that had it all: beautiful, powerful, accurate and efficient.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

• 2 weeks later...

Try this, take your normal stance so you are correctly aligned then move your left foot rearwards slightly, (half to a whole foot), then swing as normal, this helps clear the hips and is less of a strain on the body for us older types. It does not affect your alignment as you were already correctly aligned to start with.

I have been doing the setup you described above for about 4 years now. Works well for me. Hit the ball well using this method. I am 50, so the hips don't turn so easily anymore.

• 2 months later...

Get an old tyre and an old club, take your normal stance and try to hit the tyre as hard as you can.

You will notice that your hip automatically clears because what your hitting is perceived to be solid and you've no chance of losing your balance.

Try and replicate this when hitting a ball and you will hopefully notice a difference

Archived