Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Faith in Humanity Restored

STUDque

This isn't golf related MGS is my only forum so here you go.

Last Sunday night, someone hit my car outside my house. No message, no note, no knock at the door, nothing. I noticed the damage when I was putting my stuff in my car to head to work Monday morning.

CE5EF67A-8AB2-48CB-937C-674BED79616D.JPG

D2A874EF-6439-4614-99D1-76E32FDAE145.JPG

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I was already running late and this was the last thing I needed. What a start to the week. I wasted 45 minutes on they phone with Geico and the police and got to work over an hour late. $250 deductible FML there goes a grocery run.

So I go all week having to look at this damage each time I get in the car and it makes me super mad because I make it my point to take extra good care of my car. I walked up and down the block inspecting every car with intense scrutiny looking for matching damage. Like how could a neighbor do that??? Or how could a neighbor not know their friend jacked me up???

Here we are almost a full week later on Saturday evening. I took my oldest daughter and dog out for a walk. As we're heading back, my wife calls my phone and I just assume she's making the dinner call: ignore. Calls again, yes dear we're almost there: ignore. Third call, OK I better let her know we're alive:

Me: Yes Sweetie?

Wife: Hey the guy that hit your car just stopped by

Me: Whhhaaattttttt

Wife: And dinner is ready

Double bonus!!!!

Turns out the guy was helping his kids move in down the street and crunched me on the way out. He used his phone flashlight to check the car out and didn't see anything when it happened so he kept on about his business. He came back when he saw the damage in the daylight today.

Faith in Humanity: Restored

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

That's pretty cool. Was at target today in the car and a truck that was parked one spot in front of me and to my left was parked AWFUL. One of those where he's basically taking up 4 spots. A girl in an Altima pulls in and has no chance of making it but tries. Her front bumper bends in as it hits his tire and rubs across it. She backs out,

And I'm thinking just leave, but she pulls back in. Mind you, I'm not condoning hitting someone and driving off but this truck was so poorly parked. She gets out and checks her car which was fine and his truck...there wasn't going to be damage to him, she just ran through his tire that was left crooked bc he never straightened up. She got back in her car and sat there for 5 mins and then backed out and left. The truck driver came out and I wanted to tell him that his truck got hit and he deserved it for parking his piece of junk in 4 spots

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

That's great to hear Stud. Maybe all people don't suck after all.

@Easeay. Would have been tempeted to tell the truck driver. Karma is real and she's a ******!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I love the happy ending!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Glad your neighbor came forward and everything worked out.

On a side note, if you want a happy life, don't ignore phone calls from your wife B)

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

That's great to hear Stud. Maybe all people don't suck after all.

@Easeay. Would have been tempeted to tell the truck driver. Karma is real and she's a ******!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there was actually damage to the dude's truck since she hit the tire. So leaving a note wouldn't have done anything anyway.

Pretty lucky! Some people wouldn't be honest about that kind of stuff. Also I only ignore the SO calls once. After that it must be important lol

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yeah. I'm still learning this whole marriage thing and we've been married 3 years now haha.

About 5 years ago now I was at a store up the street. This lady smoking a cigarette and talking on a cell phone hit my old pick up truck. Now she was going to pull out and leave and I stopped her. She put down her phone like she was annoyed that I interrupted her phone call. I told her she hit my truck she denied it.  4 people saw her including the store manager. She was still going to drive off. I told her fine because I had gotten a picture of her license plate and the store manager said it was all caught on camera. I Informed her to go ahead and leave because that is a felony in SC no matter the damage even if there was no bodily injury. She raised hell when the cops got there she was arrested for drunk driving and her vehicle towed. I did file with her insurance company on principal. The damage was just about what Stud posted on his car. Now at the time I was in the towing business and an adjuster I knew called me on the phone and wanted to examine my truck. I told him it is here at the tow yard. My God! he said how hard did she hit you? I told him calm down Vernon remember I work here. Oh yeah wheew I have had a bad day and forgot you work there. Anyhow he came by and looked. Now remember my old truck is raggety anyhow and if the lady had not acted a total biotch and had said sorry I hit your truck I would have told her to go on and have a nice day. Now these adjusters some of them can cut a check for certain amounts on the spot. Vernon asked me "hell Stu you ain't gonna fix it anyway are you?" No I told him He said how does a check for $400 sound. Good to me. He knows me and knew that had the lady acted like she had some rasings as we say then there would have been nothing to it. 

Poetic Justice: Evidently she lost her license for the DUI that time. Around a year later she was caught again DUI with suspended license by the SHP. We towed the car and it still had red paint on it where she hit my truck. I think she went to jail because she never claimed the vehicle. So we did the due process through court and got a title and sold the car.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

That's pretty cool. Was at target today in the car and a truck that was parked one spot in front of me and to my left was parked AWFUL. One of those where he's basically taking up 4 spots. A girl in an Altima pulls in and has no chance of making it but tries. Her front bumper bends in as it hits his tire and rubs across it. She backs out,

And I'm thinking just leave, but she pulls back in. Mind you, I'm not condoning hitting someone and driving off but this truck was so poorly parked. She gets out and checks her car which was fine and his truck...there wasn't going to be damage to him, she just ran through his tire that was left crooked bc he never straightened up. She got back in her car and sat there for 5 mins and then backed out and left. The truck driver came out and I wanted to tell him that his truck got hit and he deserved it for parking his piece of junk in 4 spots

I keep sidewalk chalk in my vehicle. Why? So I can draw the new parking lines and make sure everyone knows it's the new A-Hole parking spot

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived