:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Didn't Bones have double knee replacement surgery (like you) within the last year?  Maybe he's tired of humping up and down those hills.  :blink: 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

He has to blame his bad play on something other than himself. Just like Phil

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Yep. He had it last October. That could be one of the reasons he and Phil departed. But from what I understand it was less physical related vs more ready for something different. That different could well have been TV or could have meant a different logo'd bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

Finished what 4th at the Open? I should have such bad play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Phil and Bones split because Bones wanted a change, not because Phil fired him since he was playing poorly.  I don't understand this in Rory's case.  Just like Lydia Ko.  I think there's more to the story than what we are being told.  

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

By all accounts JP really was a lousy caddie.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

By all accounts JP really was a lousy caddie.

I've heard mumbling from people on tour that if Rory (and DJ for that matter) had had an experienced tour caddie, each would probably have at least one (if not a couple more majors)  but that could also be jealousy talk considering where it came from. 

Yep I'm sure it's his caddies fault that he can't putt

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I've heard mumbling from people on tour that if Rory (and DJ for that matter) had had an experienced tour caddie, each would probably have at least one (if not a couple more majors)  but that could also be jealousy talk considering where it came from.

My question on that is what makes you an experienced tour caddie???

Rory and JP had been together 9 years....how much more experience do you need?

He's been with him since he turned pro, nobody knows Rory's game better.

Heck he publicly credited JP for pulling him off the ledge at the Open after he started 5 over.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Equipment changes... look when he switched from Titleist to Nike, took him a bit to make things work.

Nike didn't do their staffers any favors by halting equipment. They were starting to win, pretty much every pro that had to switch struggled a little at first or still is. Which kind of worries me about Fleetwood, his whole top end is still Nike.

My question on that is what makes you an experienced tour caddie???

Rory and JP had been together 9 years....how much more experience do you need?

He's been with him since he turned pro, nobody knows Rory's game better.

Heck he publicly credited JP for pulling him off the ledge at the Open after he started 5 over.

A lot of little nuances, that most aren't aware of,  but just a couple from what my friends have told me.

Knowing, yardages in an instant and being confident about it.

Knowing the greens inside and out, not so much how they break when you get there, but where are the tiers and how many yards do I need to land it on to get over or stay below the next tier. 

Then Scott McCarron was speaking to us after the Senior Players Championship that he won a couple weeks ago, with a local caddie from the club on the bag, but had also caddied on the PGA Tour a few times a year or so ago.   McCarron said he "tracked the ball like a tour caddie and that was a huge help"   Now I wanted to follow up and ask him exactly what he meant by that, but someone else jumped in with a question that changed the subject.    I can't imagine he only meant track it where it lands.  I mean I know these guys are getting old, but I hope they can still see a ball 250 yards out...LOL

No doubt JP has learned some of these things over the 9 years, but early on is what I was speaking of mainly that I had heard.  

I hear Joe LaCava hasn't had a job for a couple of years (and maybe not for a while yet).  Freddie's caddie, then DJ's before TW took him.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I hear Joe LaCava hasn't had a job for a couple of years (and maybe not for a while yet).  Freddie's caddie, then DJ's before TW took him.

I've got to believe that Tiger is taking care of Joe via some sort of contractual arrangement.   Otherwise, I would think that Joe would be looping for someone while Tiger is healing.

I never understood why players blame the caddie for bad play. It literally has nothing to do with the caddie. The caddy should only have one job get you a yardage and rake bunkers. If you cant decide on what club to hit or see what the wind is doing then thats your fault. I think players are to dependent on their caddies theses days. When I have my buddies caddie all they do is use the laser for a yardage, rake bunkers and keep me company

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I never understood why players blame the caddie for bad play. It literally has nothing to do with the caddie. The caddy should only have one job get you a yardage and rake bunkers. If you cant decide on what club to hit or see what the wind is doing then thats your fault. I think players are to dependent on their caddies theses days. When I have my buddies caddie all they do is use the laser for a yardage, rake bunkers and keep me company

Maybe Rors needs some new company? lol 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I really didn't expect this after the open but there have been rumblings for years that he needed a new one. He misses a lot of greens long and tends to be miss-clubbed a lot for such a good ball striker. 

I'll be interested to see who he ends up with. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Didn't he just get hitched??? Maybe he'll be like Patrick Reed and have his bride on the bag ???

Whatever they say I think Spieth is to blame from that drop on 13 where Greller was spot on with the distance using the Pythagorean theorem to figure it out.  Bet he looked at that and thought there is no way JP could figure that out... as someone once-famous-and-kinda-infamous-now once said: "JP...(dramatic pause), you're fired!"....My guess is that Rory gets a local 6th grade math teacher.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Who knows what is going on here. I'm sure there's a good reason (at least in Rory's mind). I am a little surprised at the timing. Rory has two wins at Quail Hollow and the course record. That tells me that JP must have done a good job back then. One would think Rory has a slight advantage going into next week. It just seems like the wrong time to be "breaking in" a new caddie.

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough

Several players, especially the younger ones, have suggested that they are part of a team.   Their team typically includes their caddie, their instructor, their mental shrink and a physical trainer.  In other professional sports when the team doesn't perform the head coach or the manager takes the hit.   However, in professional golf, the team leader, the player cannot fire himself.   So when a shake up of the team is perceived to be needed, another member of the team takes the hit.   Most times, its the caddie.

:blink:  Which decade are you living in? This isn't the 60's anymore! These days, a caddie is essentially an assistant coach who carries your bag and is allowed to wear shorts. Caddie input is incredibly important. I think may people don't realize how much more competitive the game has become, even in the last 20 years. This is one of the things that bugs me about Johnny Miller btw (getting way off topic here). The fact is, as a whole, the field is way better now than it used to be. The worst guy on Tour is capable of winning any tournament, they're all true professionals, they practice, workout, have better coaching, better swing analysis, etc. The have squeezed the margins of performance at every turn and a big part of that is walking around the course with an incredible golf coach who offers guidance and insight on every hole. Johnny, players aren't scoring better because the courses are easier, they score better because they are better, the equipment is better, everyone in the field is better. Now, back to the point, tell me you wouldn't score better if you had Bones walking you through the course? A guy who went out and measured precise yardages to every bunker and mound, a counter map of every green, noting which way the grain of the grass is growing! 

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

When I played for a living, my caddie was with me more than my family. Sometimes, like in any relationship, you can get on each other's nerves and just need a break. I think Rory knows he needs a new approach as his putting has been atrocious! Maybe shaking things up will help him. Not sure anyone can say he's blaming JP for anything just needs something to switch up the mojo. Hear a different voice, different thoughts etc.

A lot of little nuances, that most aren't aware of, but just a couple from what my friends have told me.

Knowing, yardages in an instant and being confident about it.

Knowing the greens inside and out, not so much how they break when you get there, but where are the tiers and how many yards do I need to land it on to get over or stay below the next tier.

Then Scott McCarron was speaking to us after the Senior Players Championship that he won a couple weeks ago, with a local caddie from the club on the bag, but had also caddied on the PGA Tour a few times a year or so ago. McCarron said he "tracked the ball like a tour caddie and that was a huge help" Now I wanted to follow up and ask him exactly what he meant by that, but someone else jumped in with a question that changed the subject. I can't imagine he only meant track it where it lands. I mean I know these guys are getting old, but I hope they can still see a ball 250 yards out...LOL

No doubt JP has learned some of these things over the 9 years, but early on is what I was speaking of mainly that I had heard.

Have read many accounts where JP gave Rors an awful yardage and calculation . It's hard to know whose at fault sometimes especially with guys like RM and DJ. They both, mostly, play the round by themselves. They aren't like a Webb Simpson that if his caddie didn't tell him it was cool out he would go outside with no pants. They both sort of do their own thing. But many accounts have said that yardage calcs is not JPs strong suit.

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

:blink:  Which decade are you living in? This isn't the 60's anymore! These days, a caddie is essentially an assistant coach who carries your bag and is allowed to wear shorts. Caddie input is incredibly important. I think may people don't realize how much more competitive the game has become, even in the last 20 years. This is one of the things that bugs me about Johnny Miller btw (getting way off topic here). The fact is, as a whole, the field is way better now than it used to be. The worst guy on Tour is capable of winning any tournament, they're all true professionals, they practice, workout, have better coaching, better swing analysis, etc. The have squeezed the margins of performance at every turn and a big part of that is walking around the course with an incredible golf coach who offers guidance and insight on every hole. Johnny, players aren't scoring better because the courses are easier, they score better because they are better, the equipment is better, everyone in the field is better. Now, back to the point, tell me you wouldn't score better if you had Bones walking you through the course? A guy who went out and measured precise yardages to every bunker and mound, a counter map of every green, noting which way the grain of the grass is growing! 

Im not sure your understanding what I am saying. Its not the caddy hitting the shot its you. I would never fire the caddy for my bad play. If there is a seperate personal issue then I understand. The caddies all get the same info when they show up to the course and they all walk the course. Most guys on tour save the books from the courses they play every year and add notes to them for the next time they play. The amount of info they get when they are going to a new course is crazy. I have played in Tour events after I played in College and they give you a book with all the bunker carries and hazard carries from the back of the tee box. They give you green maps with the ridges and fall lines although you add the degree and severity of the slope. My point is its never the caddies fault. The team you have in place is a huge deal your coach, caddy and mental coach are not the reason you hit a bad shot.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Archived