Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Biggest fear...

PcolaGolfGuy

This might sound dumb but one of my biggest fears would be that I finally get a Hole in One and nobody is there to see it happen, and I'm only saying this cause half the time I play by my self cause of my work schedule. I feel like nobody would you believe unless you have witnesses at time. If you got a hole in one by your self would you even tell anyone or keep it to your self?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I play a lot of solo rounds and I have the same fear....earlier this year I had one hit the stick and lip out....stopped less than 3 inches away!!

If it went in I'm still counting it!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

It's still an amazing accomplishment and still counts as one shot. Count it. You know your truth!

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I would tell everybody. No doubt

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I have many fears, but making a hole-in-one, under any circumstance, is not one of them. I'd be telling everyone. If I know I hit one, that's all that matters to me and I don't care what the receiver thinks.

If I put myself in the shoes of the receiver, I generally believe someone who tells me they've got one. Golf is a game of honor and integrity. If someone feels the need to lie to me about the game's sacred shot, then that's between them and the golf gods.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I have many fears, but making a hole-in-one, under any circumstance, is not one of them. I'd be telling everyone. If I know I hit one, that's all that matters to me and I don't care what the receiver thinks.

If I put myself in the shoes of the receiver, I generally believe someone who tells me they've got one. Golf is a game of honor and integrity. If someone feels the need to lie to me about the game's sacred shot, then that's between them and the golf gods.

I like the way you think good sir!!

This might sound dumb but one of my biggest fears would be that I finally get a Hole in One and nobody is there to see it happen, and I'm only saying this cause half the time I play by my self cause of my work schedule. I feel like nobody would you believe unless you have witnesses at time. If you got a hole in one by your self would you even tell anyone or keep it to your self?

That is a legit fear. I have thought about this before, but always quickly dismiss the thought because I'll probably never even make an ace...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I would definitely tell all while smiling ear to ear like a momma sow in a corn eating contest!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

How many people ( at least with any honor ) would lie about that.. Hell I'll be the first to tell you about the almost hads I've had but it would take a special A$$hole to brag about something they did not achieve, like that.. 

I think that True golf fans knows how special a hole in one is.

Tiger has 18, Jack and Arnie about 20 each, from the Best to ever play the game, and think of the number of rounds they played.. 

Noone that is really into golf would ever lie about that.. I would hope not at least.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

I don't understand how making a hole in one needs a notarized document and a signed affidavit before people will "recognize" it!

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

good thing i had two people with me when i got my first and only hole-in-1. was my first year playing golf at 18y senior he and was on a 175y par3 step down. took my 7i and aimed right at the pin and hit it perfect. get in the cart to go down the hill and was looking for my ball and couldn't see it until we started to walk on the green and seen my divot. looked in the hole and there she was with lil spot of dirt on one side. my grandmother back in the late 1950s she hit her driver on a Par3 and some random lady laughed at her. and my grandmother asked her “have u hit a hole-in-1 with a driver on Par3” yea that lady walked away real fast. but that's the only hole-in-1 i've ever made. came so close so many times from burning the edge of the cut too hitting the flagstick and almost dropping in but it kicked it 20ft away and off the green. i'll never forget my first and only time.

I don't understand how making a hole in one needs a notarized document and a signed affidavit before people will "recognize" it!

if it's someone that i know that doesn't lie all the time then yea i'll take his word for it. but if it's someone who i know that loves to tell stories and lie a lil bit. then i prob won't believe them unless that guy had someone with him. but i've talked to lot of people who has made em and they can't keep it straight. but that person has a picture of them with the ball. everyone has a smart phone or a phone with a camera on it these days so the ones who do get them. they are taking a pic and posting it asap

Taylormade M2 - Driver

Taylormade M2 - 3W

Callaway Apex - 3i-9i

Vokey SM6 - 46°, 54°, 60°

SC - Newport M1

Taylormade - TP5X

My biggest fear is when I have to hit my drive to a blind landing. All of the courses I play have at least 2 each. Not that I'm afraid that it would hit the group in front of me but I'm afraid that they'd pick up my ball. :)

My second ace our group were waved up and I hit one pretty nice I know it was gonna be close. Then the guys started jumping up and down and give me thumbs up and "I'm not worthy" bow. I know it was in. Doubls the witnesses. I think I did the tiger fist pump thingy.

I would be telling everyone. I would also be videoing my walk from the tee box to the hole as proof.

I know the feeling of playing alone. Sometimes it's the best way to squeeze a round in!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Archived