2 Weeks Remaining: MODERATOR WANTED Join the MyGolfSpy Staff! Read more... ×
IggyPOP

Taylormade P790 driving irons!

If you have twitter hit up @itsthejor. He will likely be able to get you an answer

Edit: actually it looks like he already answered that question on Twitter. Should be able for special order April 1st

That's what I was told as well. But of course, not love for the lefty's.

Man I wish this was out for my fitting. Who knows maybe they'll have the demo heads or something

That's what I was told as well. But of course, not love for the lefty's.

Are you a new golfspy staffer?
  • Like 1

Are you a new golfspy staffer?

LOL

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Someone in my golf group just ordered the p790 3 iron. He is an 8 handicap- my game isn't ready for this club. I'll let you know guys know how he reviews the club. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to take a few cuts.

I'd have to say the set looks nice and clean. I love how clubs are getting back to simple traditional looks. I haven't been a taylormade fan but this is a nice looking set

Haven't been big on the newer Taylormade clubs. They feel clunky to me. These look ok but still not a mizuno :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Pretty sleek design. I haven't heard the term “driving iron.” Before. Am I just new? Lol

Low lofted irons (2i, 3i) that are longer and more forgiving than your standard iron set. Often straighter than hybrids or woods. They often have a hollow core construction, which provides the extra distance.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I couldn't imagine replacing a hybrid with these. It seems like you'd have to have a very strong swing speed to make these work.

I have played about 10 rounds with mine. Don't have super high swing speed (98.5 with driver) but am a high ball hitter. This club is awesome. Feels great and very consistent. Replaced my M3 hybrid with it. Adds much more versatility to my bag. 

I've played 7 rounds with my new set of P-790 irons ( 5 - AW)  w/ UST Recoil 780 ES (Graphite) shafts. At 64 years of age, I needed to regain some distance over what I had been previously been playing...  due to various physical limitations ( aging, being the primary one).  These enable me to hit one club less ( 8 iron now vs. 7 iron prior ). I can move them either way ( fade or draw  at will ) and with the best part of my game being the short game, my handicap, I'm sure will be lowered. These irons are as close to the blades ( 1985 Spalding Tour Edition ) I used to play in the 80's & 90's.  In getting fitted,,,, I tried AP3, JPX 900EZ, & TM M2.... The P-790, for my swing, was the best of the bunch.  Try 'em before you knock 'em.

FYI .... I've now replaced the ProV1X with the Snell MTB as my go to ball,,,, same performance , less $$.

I purchased a Taylormade M4 4 iron to replace my crossover.  I wish I would have waited a bit.  These look sweet.  I feel like I need a different shaft in it though.