IggyPOP

Taylormade P790 driving irons!

Still waiting for the bronze wedges. Won't hold my breath for a 1 or 2 iron.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

This is probably not a good question, but what is the screw looking thing in the side of the toe?

That's the cap. These irons double as a flask.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

This is probably not a good question, but what is the screw looking thing in the side of the toe?

From what I've gathered, that's where they inject the speed foam.

• Like 1

Hmmm. Have polymer-injected irons been done before? What I mean is if PXG was the first to do it, wouldn't they own the patent on filling iron heads with injectable material to support the thin faces of their irons? Curious how these irons don't violate PXG's intellectual property in that case. Whether you have foam ™ or elastomer (PXG), PXG lawyers were pretty sloppy if they didn't get the patent to cover all polymer fillings. Inject elastomer along with air and you get foam.

Seems 'speed foam' isn't new...TM just 'Dialed up' that name!... :lol:

speedfoam.jpg

• Like 4

I could be wrong, but I'm kind of expecting a P780 CB to be announced soon too!  A non-hollow CB that is styled more like the P730/P790.  Combo lovers demand it!  

The 750/770 are not cosmetically matched to the 730/790 but perhaps TM will release a new P780 that will match up cosmetically with the 730/790.

The 730 is a blade, while the 790 is a driving iron-inspired hollow head.   There needs to be something in-between like a non-hollow Players CB that actually matches those newer irons cosmetically, (i.e. a new P-780 iron set)

It seems so logical, that perhaps such a club is coming soon!  if such a club is planned, it would likely come before the PGA Show in January, perhaps around Christmas time.

I also predict the troublesome 'slotted face' (M1/M2) irons will soon be history, and a completely new line of TM metalwoods will be announced for 2018.

Note just how 'different looking' the models are within the P-Family of Irons.  A better matching non-hollow '760' CB between the 730 blade and the hollow 790 irons would seem to be a no-brainer, and P780 CB sure does have a nice ring to it.  We're hoping for it soon Taylromade!

taylormade-p770-irons-taylormade-p750-irons.jpg

P730PlayhersIron.jpg

790pics.jpg

• Like 1

Hmmm. Have polymer-injected irons been done before? What I mean is if PXG was the first to do it, wouldn't they own the patent on filling iron heads with injectable material to support the thin faces of their irons? Curious how these irons don't violate PXG's intellectual property in that case. Whether you have foam ™ or elastomer (PXG), PXG lawyers were pretty sloppy if they didn't get the patent to cover all polymer fillings. Inject elastomer along with air and you get foam.

Annnnd done........

pxg.JPG

• Like 2

Annnnd done........

attachicon.gifpxg.JPG

Cool, thanks for posting.

TM had to know this would happen. Maybe they think they can get around PXG's patents. Maybe argue that foam is different from solid elastomer (I would definitely say it is not). 

Bob, if you a polymer chemist to testify, PM me.

With all of the issues with this club and PXG, wonder how long it will take for someone to do a comparison between the two clubs?  I'd be interested in seeing a head to head with these clubs.  I think the hard part would be getting a hold of the PXG club.  You'll be able to find the Taylormade one anywhere.

Has anyone tried the tour issue version? The feel different? Also, how does it compare to the UDI? 

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️. Spam

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️. Spam

I busted out the ban hammer.

edit: and deleted the post which now makes yours kind of funny.  Sorry :)

• Like 5

edit: and deleted the post which now makes yours kind of funny. Sorry :)

I was confused until I read your post and a deleted post does make Shanks post funnier.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

edit: and deleted the post which now makes yours kind of funny. Sorry :)

Haha. I'll leave it.

• Like 1

I wish I had the game to have these kick my hybrids out of the bag. Unfortunately that is not going to happen for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Does anyone have an update on the expected release date for the 2 Iron ? I talked to a local rep last month and they told me March 15, yet they still haven't released it.

• Like 1

Does anyone have an update on the expected release date for the 2 Iron ? I talked to a local rep last month and they told me March 15, yet they still haven't released it.

If you have twitter hit up @itsthejor. He will likely be able to get you an answer

Edit: actually it looks like he already answered that question on Twitter. Should be able for special order April 1st

• Like 1