SirShankalot

Potentially big news for performance tracking & GPS watch fans

I have just seen that Shot Scope a performance tracking company from Scotland have released an upgraded model. They have released a watch that incorporates live GPS distances along with performance tracking and there is no need for any tagging. I think it looks great and could potentially be a real player!

DGTM9QLVwAAZl2P.jpg

https://shotscope.com

• Like 4

Sounds like a good competitor to what's out there right now. There price point is solid as well. 

Sounds like a good competitor to what's out there right now. There price point is solid as well. 

That is what I am thinking as well. I had been looking at the Sky Caddie Linx GT but this seems to blow Sky Caddie out the water due to the fact there is no tagging.

Sounds great.  Darn, just bought a Bushnell Ion GPS watch and love it, but all it does is GPS stuff - distances, hazards, and pace count/ drive or shot distance.  I need to save my pennies!!!

I believe Barbajo did a review of the earlier version a year or so ago.  It sounds like the new upgrades are a vast improvement, and anyone looking to get a GPS watch should look into this for the added stat tracking that's available.  My question is:  Do I really want to know all this information?  I'm thinking.......

It's looks cool and it's great there is no subscription. That's one of my concerns with Linx GT going forward. The deal breaker will be in the software/editing/etc. the worst part about the Linx right now is the syncing and editing, it's just very unrefined IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After my testing with the Linx GT (stage 2 will be up tomorrow) I'd be very interested in using this one.

• Like 1

After my testing with the Linx GT (stage 2 will be up tomorrow) I'd be very interested in using this one.

I went back to the forum test that Barbajo did last October on the version 1.  Are you getting the credit card out??   :D

GRANDMASTER SPY

• av-12972.png?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,824 posts
  • LocationTallmadge, OH
  • Handicap:16

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:39 AM

The ONLY thing stopping me from scoping this out is the non-GPS feature. If they had that, I'd bust out the card and order one.

• Like 3

Yeah, if I recall there was some discussion then about them adding the GPS readout (makes total sense since the device is already using it). Often companies will release Version 1, while working on Version 2, so they can gather real user / "in the wild" testing and feedback .. so possibly the V2 tracking is improved from V1..?

Anyway, looks like a winner to me, too! Tried a tracker device that used tags ... ONCE.

• Like 1

I love my Bushnell neo and to have a watch with that kind of tech would make me giddy

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Do they have US distribution??

I suck at money conversion so that's like 250 bucks US right?

Do they have US distribution??

I suck at money conversion so that's like 250 bucks US right?

At the bottom of the website it says $250 or $210 for pre orders.

So I'd say yes they have US distro.

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

At the bottom of the website it says $250 or $210 for pre orders.

So I'd say yes they have US distro. Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Weird when I looked at it all prices were in pounds

I think a super duper auto system like this is the only one I'd consider. All of those stat tracking apps are nice for the data they produce but I just can't stand spending my whole round inputting data into boxes on my phone. It becomes work. Same goes for the tagging systems where you need to tap during your pre shot routine and hit.

If Shot Scope can deliver on what they advertise, it'll blow every last one of those systems out of the water.

• Like 3

I think a super duper auto system like this is the only one I'd consider. All of those stat tracking apps are nice for the data they produce but I just can't stand spending my whole round inputting data into boxes on my phone. It becomes work. Same goes for the tagging systems where you need to tap during your pre shot routine and hit.

If Shot Scope can deliver on what they advertise, it'll blow every last one of those systems out of the water.

It'll blow a few bucks out of my pocket too

• Like 1

Has anyone placed a pre-order for Shot Scope V2 yet? I think I'm going to do it today!

Can't wait to see what you think of it. This watch promises a lot and I'd like to see if it can deliver.

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy