TESTERS WANTED! ×

Orka golf sexiness!

93civiccpe

Good morning,

I was searching through and didn't see any topics on the Orka range (www.orkagolf.com). I randomly found out about them and have been playing their irons and wedges. Their business model is based around custom building the clubs for the individual and they feel they make the best product out. (Which manufacturer doesn't.. Lol). I'm not sure if these belong in here but they use triple forged and quadruple forged Japanese steel in their irons depending on which model you use. I'm currently playing the triple forged RS3 muscle back irons and a quadruple forged RS10 wedge. What drew me to the brand was the design and look of the irons and once I hit them I was sold. When you find the center it is the most buttery soft feel and sound. If you catch it a little thin or on the toe/heel they give immediate feedback which is what I was looking for. These clubs have standard lofts and perform very well with their spin and launch characteristics. In all openness, I switched from playing Mixuno JPX-850 forged irons to these and the thing I was missing the most with the Mizunos was the feedback when I didn't find the center. I was afraid my game was not quite good enough for these irons but I've been pleasantly surprised. (If I had gone with the RS1 blades I would probably be struggling!) I want to move into a mixed set of the quadruple forged RS10mb muscle back blades and the RS10cb pro cavity back irons. In any case, they have been winning awards and growing in Europe but the frustrating thing is that no major US distributor has started carrying them yet so you have to order them from Europe which adds to the cost. I am loving these irons and have a demo club in each of the RS10CB, RS10MB, and RS1 lines. The manager sent them over with my clubs to get them in more golfers hands so anyone in the Virginia area is welcome to try them. I had the demo clubs built with stiff flex shafts that were +1" longer and with midsize grips. That way taller players could try them and standard players could grip down as well. Has anyone else had experience with these?

ork-052.jpg

ork-055.jpg

ork-072.jpg

ork-074.jpg

ork-075.jpg

rs10-cb-iron.jpeg

ork-060.jpg

ork-061.jpg

ork-063.jpg

20160914_213814.jpg

I also had never heard of them before stumbling upon them and I have to admit that Alex Comben at Orka is one of the main reasons I decided to try them out. Apparently he's a phenomenal fitter who will first readjust your existing clubs back into spec (if they are out) and then have you hit shots. If the Orka line doesn't outperform your existing clubs he doesn't charge you for the time. Unfortunately he's across the pond but I'm trying to meet up with him on his next trip over to the States. I'm anxious to try out the woods and hybrids as the Orka golfers in the UK swear they are amazing as well.

They sure do look sharp. But have never heard of them.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

They are pretty sexy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

When I first saw this thread you had me hungry for some okra... Nice looking sticks

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

When I first saw this thread you had me hungry for some okra... Nice looking sticks

While okra is tasty, I've never been "hungry for" okra. It's just like heyyyyy there's some okra nom nom.

While on the topic of food, aren't orcas a delicacy in Japan?

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Never heard of them, but I live in Japan and I'm gonna step out here soon and go by a few golf shops and see what I can find!

Driver-    Callaway GBB Epic 9.5 Aldila Rouge Max 75X 

3 Wood- Callaway GBB Epic 15 Aldila Rouge Max 85X

Hybrid-   Callaway GBB Epic 19 UST Recoil F4

Irons-      Callaway CF Apex 16'  4-PW S300

Wedges- Titleist SM6 GW/SW/LW S300

Putter-    Ping Anser Sigma G w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 2.0

Ball-        Bridgestone B330/ TaylorMade TP4/ Titleist ProV1

Grips-     Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grey

While okra is tasty, I've never been "hungry for" okra. It's just like heyyyyy there's some okra nom nom.

While on the topic of food, aren't orcas a delicacy in Japan?

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Have you ever had fried green tomatoes?   They'll make ya slap ya momma!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Man the Japanese make some beautiful looking golf clubs!!

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

I had never heard of that line myself and I keep up with JDM stuff. Like the muscleback blades they remind me of Vega blades. Somehow the Japanese have their act together on forging processes and the proper propriteries for getting the feel out of those metals

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Have you ever had fried green tomatoes?   They'll make ya slap ya momma!

And your dead Aunt Mary too!!!!!!!   :D

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Remember back in the 14th to 16th centuries, the Japanese became master's of forging the Katana. Forging golf clubs...easy!

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Absolutely the tradition and methods are handed down through the years

G

I have what I believe to be the first set of the Lefty RS-10.

I put the Recoil tourspx in them and can say they are one of the best forged lefty irons you will come across.

For me anyway. There are no edges on this model. rounded. leading edge, toe ,sole etc. with a slight offset for my mishits.

the design is middle of the road to better playerish and when paired with the right shaft, in this case the recoil shaft, watch out.

I also liked the clean look of the club.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

• 2 weeks later...

Call me sceptic, but didn't that intro sound like a sales pitch 😎

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Hey kardboard, I can honestly say that I'm not a salesman and not connected in any way with Orka. I'm actually in IT for a small non-profit in the United States. I am a fan of their stuff and if I'm being honest I do like having unique gear that others aren't familiar with. For me, I found these and really like the way they look and perform for me but I wouldn't be foolish enough to tell anyone that they should play them. Find what works for you and play it! (After reading my first post I realized that I was shooting for informative and in my excitement may have come off as a salesman. That definitely was not my point).

Shadow, I do believe it is Japanese script as a fellow golfer who took group lessons with me is Japanese and when he saw them he was intrigued. I believe he said that the symbols meant something like excellence & precision.

Ok cool. It not the usual Japanese script I've seen, hence my query.  But anyway nice clubs.

Archived