Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Pinehurst, NC trip but not playing Pinehurst next week

Mingerd

As many times as I've been down there. I've never played Dormie. Need to change that possibly in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 5 weeks later...

Carolina Golf Association has a great deal today, speaking of Dormie Club

18 holes and a same day free reply for $55

This time of year golf is a bargain in that area.  I spent Thanksgiving week at our condo at Talamore, and played Talamore (twice), MidSouth (twice), Pinewild (Magnolia), Pine Needles, and Pinehurst #9.  Its been a long time since I played Pine Needles, it was much prettier and more fun than I remembered, and we paid just $65 (booked through the Talamore office).

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

the winter rate (Nov-Mar) at Dormie Club per their website is $80, for 18 holes

$55 bucks for a round, plus a free replay is an incredible deal

CGA had a deal a couple weeks ago for either Mid Pines or Pine Needles, for $69 that included a round and a free same day replay also...i would have paid an extra $4 for the replay, but thats just me

the winter rate (Nov-Mar) at Dormie Club per their website is $80, for 18 holes

$55 bucks for a round, plus a free replay is an incredible deal

CGA had a deal a couple weeks ago for either Mid Pines or Pine Needles, for $69 that included a round and a free same day replay also...i would have paid an extra $4 for the replay, but thats just me

Interesting.  I'm a "non-resident" member at Talamore, I wonder if that gets me a CGA membership as well.  I'm guessing probably not, I don't pay for handicap services there, and my primary membership is to a club here in Virginia.  Those specials are nice benefit for members.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Good question...you can do a e membership for $34.95 a year according to this and you get all of the same benefits; if you play a lot of golf down this way a couple of those deals I mentioned might make it worth while

https://www.carolinasgolf.org/join-eclub 

Thanks, stretch, I'll look into it.  We get pretty good rates already, but once I retire, that may be just the ticket.  If you're in the area, I might send a message next time we visit, it would be fun to get together with another MSGer.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Thanks for the reminder of my recent visit- here is a snap of four of our group including me, on the first tee at Pine Needles.  Great time with a great bunch of guys!IMG_1274.JPG

I still dont know why the image displays sideways!!!  I even turned it one time in my folder so that if the program turned it, it would be portrait and not landscape, but nonetheless it shows up sideways again - often like my drives...

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Thanks, stretch, I'll look into it.  We get pretty good rates already, but once I retire, that may be just the ticket.  If you're in the area, I might send a message next time we visit, it would be fun to get together with another MSGer.

awesome, please do...im in the triad, so not terribly far from the Pinehurst area...ive never played any of the courses there however, but that will changes as a buddy and I just bought the Dormie Club special that was running

if youre ever around GSO/WS let me know for sure...99% of my golf is played around here but for 2018 im hoping to expand my horizons

what part of NOVA are you in?

I'll post something, probably in this thread, next time we come down.  We're always there for Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure about any other visits this coming year.  

You'll enjoy Dormie Club, its an interesting design, and has been in great shape when I've played.  

I live in Reston, VA, not far from Dulles Airport.  I play golf at Stoneleigh GC, about a half-hour drive to the west.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I gotcha...I am from Manassas, my folks live out on Lake Manassas now...#6 on Stonewall Golf Course

I grew up working at RTJ and playing Virginia Oaks (RIP) as our HS home course...played a lot at Generals Ridge, Evergreen and other ones around PW County growing up but never played much up that way

• 3 months later...

Dormie was fantastic! Played 36 today there because it was in absolute amazing shape. The only minor exception was hole 9 I should have taken a pic but didn't. They have trouble maintaining that green due to location so the green was a bit spotty, however, every other green rolled phenomenal. I can't suggest that you play Dormie enough. I played it from the tips and and shot 78 which I'll take when a few holes are almost 500 yd par 4s and 235 yd par 3. attachicon.gifIMG_3586.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3577.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3581.JPG

If there is anything else you want to know let me know. Again it was in awesome shape for off season in August.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I could not agree more, your list is great. Dormie is hands down my favorite course in the area. 

Last time down we played, Mid Pines, Pine Needles, Southern Pines, Tobacco Road, Dormie and Tot Hill Farms on the way home. All amazing but again nothing in my opinion is like Dormie. 

Archived