Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Sweaty hands, soggy glove

StrokerAce

So it's been awfully humid here the last week or so.  I've been to the range a couple of times and it seems that after about 20-25 balls my hands get sweaty and my glove is saturated - especially in the heel pad.

Am I unique?  Does anyone else sweat like that and if so what do you do?

I've brought 2 gloves to the range but they both just end up getting wet.

I used to have powder in my bag but I think the last bottle burst open and it went everywhere. 

Has anyone tried powder on their hands?

The problem I get is my grips get slick and slip a bit in my hands...

signed: hot in Massachusetts

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Mine get this way when I'm out sometimes, I don't really have any solutions unfortunately. Just know you're not alone.

I actually play with a guy who has about five or six gloves he carries with him in his cart because he has to change them so frequently during the round.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I have 4-5 gloves hanging from my cart when I play here in the South during the summer. At the range, I'll go through 2-3 gloves. It's just hot and humid. Nothing's going to stop the sweating.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm the same way so what I started doing was at the water stations every 3 holes I run water over my hands to cool them down. Works wonders for me. I also have a 64 oz hydoflask that I have contemplated bringing on the course with me as it keeps water cold to do every hole. However, since water is generally every 3 holes this has allowed me to go 1 glove a round for now but the glove is still a little damp at end. Saved me from blowing through 3 gloves a month though!

On the range though I'm lucky as they keep water there and I just wet and air dry or wipe down my hands every so often.

Has to be cold water though! Warm at all does nothing for me.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: It's called an eraser. ~Arnie

Rain glove.   It is designed to be wet when used.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

If I'm on the range and my glove gets wet, I know it's time to quit. ;)   It's not that humid here except in the early morning when the sun hits the watered fairways, just hot.  If I attach the glove to the cart when I take it off for shots around the green, it's dry by the time I put it on when I get to the next tee.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

So it's been awfully humid here the last week or so. I've been to the range a couple of times and it seems that after about 20-25 balls my hands get sweaty and my glove is saturated - especially in the heel pad.

Am I unique? Does anyone else sweat like that and if so what do you do?

I used to have powder in my bag but I think the last bottle burst open and it went everywhere.

Get you one of these,

http://shop.bowlersparadise.com/ebonite-ultra-grip-rosin-bag

I keep one in my bag

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Get you one of these,

http://shop.bowlersparadise.com/ebonite-ultra-grip-rosin-bag

I keep one in my bag

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Thanks Tazz!  Looks promising.  Appreciate it...

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

My hands sweat like crazy even without a glove when it is really hot and humid. So I use a rain glove on most days. Otherwise I rotate between 3 gloves (1 per 6 holes) and take the glove off in between shots, making sure to wipe my hands on a towel prior to and after taking the glove off.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :cobra-small: F9, Project X Evenflow White T1100, 6.0 

3 wood:  :cobra-small:  F9, Fujikura Atmos blue,

3 hybrid:   :cobra-small:   F7 19.5 degree stiff flex

Irons: 4-pw   :mizuno-small:  JPX 919 KBS C-Taper  Lite shafts

Wedges:   :cobra-small:   King Black 50, 54, 60 degree KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putters:  Odyssey O-Works  1w 34" w/ Superstroke counterbalanced Pistol GT 2.0 grip

I usually pick up gloves in the winter at golf shows, get them at great prices.

Then on them kind of days I will change gloves about every 3 to 4 holes

They last a lot longer too.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

If it's really bad I use my rain glove, but most days I just rotate gloves every couple of holes and I hang them on the cart post to dry. As for the range, I try to dry my hands every 3 or 4 swings.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I'm sorry but I'm laughing at this one.

You need to have a towel or two and be constantly drying your grips. I use three gloves per round but rarely have to change gloves when practicing and it is a bit on the humid side where I live.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm sorry but I'm laughing at this one.

You need to have a towel or two and be constantly drying your grips. I use three gloves per round but rarely have to change gloves when practicing and it is a bit on the humid side where I live.

Not sure what's so funny???   I do dry my grips with my towel.  I actually have a frogger towel and it works quite well.  

Perhaps I practicing wrong or too long?  

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

In this end of the south it gets as humid as in Florida. I sweat a lot anyhow. In the humid weather I take my glove off between shots and do not wear one on short wedge,bunker and chip shots. I do not wear one while putting. I have 5 on the cart and rotate out on each shot. I also use wrist bands like the tennis players do and that helps a lot. Gloves I wear Wilson ones or Callaway ones I buy at Wally World. I usually stock up in the winter. I probably have close to 20 of them brand new in the front bed room.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

My hands sweat a lot and a pro told me to use Mitchum antiperspirant unscented and my hands don't sweat all 18 holes.

I'm gonna give that a go

I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: It's called an eraser. ~Arnie

I have also found certain gloves fair better than others in humid conditions, the Callaway Dawn Patrol gloves are cheap and are really good in humidity, but the best I've ever found are the Hirzl Trust Control gloves, they are kangaroo leather and seem to hold up better to humidity better than all others I've tried, but they are pricey and hard to find anymore.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Not sure what's so funny??? I do dry my grips with my towel. I actually have a frogger towel and it works quite well.

Perhaps I practicing wrong or too long?

What's funny for me is that I live in Florida. I played yesterday at 3 in the afternoon. It was 98 and 87 percent humidity when I tee'd off. I've lived in CT and MA. Even the worst days there only come close to touching our normal.

Here's the answer...

I use that before every shot. It's imperative to change grips often and keep them dry when it's hot and humid. I have the rain gloves which work great in the rain but I'm not crazy about them at other times. The good news for you is that your hot and humid weather has already passed. Mine will too, in late October or early November. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm the same way so what I started doing was at the water stations every 3 holes I run water over my hands to cool them down. Works wonders for me. I also have a 64 oz hydoflask that I have contemplated bringing on the course with me as it keeps water cold to do every hole. However, since water is generally every 3 holes this has allowed me to go 1 glove a round for now but the glove is still a little damp at end. Saved me from blowing through 3 gloves a month though!

On the range though I'm lucky as they keep water there and I just wet and air dry or wipe down my hands every so often.

Has to be cold water though! Warm at all does nothing for me.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Running a little cool water over the hands is a brilliant idea. Filing this one for future use!

Sent from my 831C using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I don't wear a golf glove and I do just find.  They're too much of a hassle for me and it's one less thing I have to spend money on.  I play way too often to be digging in my pocket for golf gloves. 

What's the purpose of a glove if your hand get's sweaty anyway? My hands don't sweat so I'm fortunate with that.   I will say I wear winter gloves when the fingers get cold but only if the temp warrants it.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I carry 2 gloves that I alternate on 9's, I have 2 more in my bag just in case 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

So it's been awfully humid here the last week or so.  I've been to the range a couple of times and it seems that after about 20-25 balls my hands get sweaty and my glove is saturated - especially in the heel pad.

Am I unique?  Does anyone else sweat like that and if so what do you do?

If I go out there and have a long range session, mine will do that.  I used to buy the cheap gloves, but the higher quality gloves don't seem to do that anywhere near as bad.  Also, when I'm playing, I'll take my glove off after every shot so I'm not consistently sweating in it.  Also, put it in a ziploc bag when you finish playing so it will stay a little soft instead of getting hard and stiff. 

If I'm doing a long range session in the summer, though, I'll hit about 40-50 balls, then go chip or putt for a few minutes and I don't use my glove for either of those.  Then I'll go back and hit some more.  

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

If I go out there and have a long range session, mine will do that.  I used to buy the cheap gloves, but the higher quality gloves don't seem to do that anywhere near as bad.  Also, when I'm playing, I'll take my glove off after every shot so I'm not consistently sweating in it.  Also, put it in a ziploc bag when you finish playing so it will stay a little soft instead of getting hard and stiff. 

If I'm doing a long range session in the summer, though, I'll hit about 40-50 balls, then go chip or putt for a few minutes and I don't use my glove for either of those.  Then I'll go back and hit some more.  

Good call on the ziplock!  I used to do that but stopped.. not sure why.  It helps.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I don't wear a golf glove and I do just find.  They're too much of a hassle for me and it's one less thing I have to spend money on.  I play way too often to be digging in my pocket for golf gloves. 

What's the purpose of a glove if your hand get's sweaty anyway? My hands don't sweat so I'm fortunate with that.   I will say I wear winter gloves when the fingers get cold but only if the temp warrants it.

I tried the no glove thing and it does not work for me. For me for some reason it affects my grip pressure on long shots. On short wedge shots I manulipate the club so much I have to have absolute feel. But do not pay any attention to me because I am quirky any how

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

So it's been awfully humid here the last week or so. I've been to the range a couple of times and it seems that after about 20-25 balls my hands get sweaty and my glove is saturated - especially in the heel pad.

Am I unique? Does anyone else sweat like that and if so what do you do?

I also get the slime in my gloves too when it's hot out. I usually switch between 2 or more gloves in a round to let them dry out. I also take it off after every shot. Also hot in Massachusetts

What's funny for me is that I live in Florida. I played yesterday at 3 in the afternoon. It was 98 and 87 percent humidity when I tee'd off. I've lived in CT and MA. Even the worst days there only come close to touching our normal.

Here's the answer...

attachicon.gifIMG_0554.JPG

I use that before every shot. It's imperative to change grips often and keep them dry when it's hot and humid. I have the rain gloves which work great in the rain but I'm not crazy about them at other times. The good news for you is that your hot and humid weather has already passed. Mine will too, in late October or early November. :)

Trust me I also have plenty of those and nothing fancy either. I buy all of my 'golf towels" at Dollar General for around $1.50 each for bath size. I wash them and rotate them out when they get too bad then they get used for shop towels. I did hit a deal a couple of years ago at the Salvation Army they had a whole shopping cart full of motel grade towels 5 for $1. I bought what was left which was about 50 towels. Some of them went to shop and house cleaning rags. Yep no fancy golf course or product logo towels for me

G

When I first moved to Missouri from the northwest, I thought I was going to drown in the humidity and holding a golf club was nearly impossible for me. A local golf store had what was essentially a pine tar rag that was a towel on the opposite side. Changing gloves frequently and using that rag worked great.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Archived