TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sweaty hands, soggy glove

StrokerAce

So it's been awfully humid here the last week or so. I've been to the range a couple of times and it seems that after about 20-25 balls my hands get sweaty and my glove is saturated - especially in the heel pad.

Am I unique? Does anyone else sweat like that and if so what do you do?

I've brought 2 gloves to the range but they both just end up getting wet.

I used to have powder in my bag but I think the last bottle burst open and it went everywhere.

Has anyone tried powder on their hands?

The problem I get is my grips get slick and slip a bit in my hands...

signed: hot in Massachusetts

Mitchum gell, unscented. Works wonders.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

So we are entering another season, and there were many responses in this string about gloves, when to wear, what to wear and how often to wear, when to change, tacky stuff, and powder stuff.  In the end, is there a grip that can create a positive hold without requiring gloves at all?   My son has never worn gloves, and except for an occasional blister has never had an issue with clubs slipping. Just curious if anyone or any company has ever deeply looked into this?

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

So we are entering another season, and there were many responses in this string about gloves, when to wear, what to wear and how often to wear, when to change, tacky stuff, and powder stuff. In the end, is there a grip that can create a positive hold without requiring gloves at all? My son has never worn gloves, and except for an occasional blister has never had an issue with clubs slipping. Just curious if anyone or any company has ever deeply looked into this?

I was expecting some other poster when opening this

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I know @chisag doesn't use a glove and he has a very low handicap... not sure what grips he's using.

I suppose you do need to choose with care as I can imagine some of them would chew your hands up.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

When I lived in Michigan I never wore a glove, and never had a problem. I used GP players softie cord. Since moving to SC it's almost mandatory to wear a glove, I cannot find a grip I like that works without a glove. If you are looking for something that won't slip, I would look into corded grips, or check out Zach at best grips for some leather grips that are pretty tacky and won't slip even in the rain.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

When I lived in Michigan I never wore a glove, and never had a problem. I used GP players softie cord. Since moving to SC it's almost mandatory to wear a glove, I cannot find a grip I like that works without a glove. If you are looking for something that won't slip, I would look into corded grips, or check out Zach at best grips for some leather grips that are pretty tacky and won't slip even in the rain.

I never wore a glove until my senior year in HS, and I used GP Victory Cords. You get used to it.

Here in humid VA, I alternate three gloves when I play, changing after every shot. I hang on to old, nasty gloves with holes in them for the range. I'll use gloves on the range until they disintegrate.

I've tried going gloveless, but it's a mental thing with me now. Wish I'd never started...

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I never wore a glove until my senior year in HS, and I used GP Victory Cords. You get used to it.

Here in humid VA, I alternate three gloves when I play, changing after every shot. I hang on to old, nasty gloves with holes in them for the range. I'll use gloves on the range until they disintegrate.

I've tried going gloveless, but it's a mental thing with me now. Wish I'd never started...

I have always worn a glove and back in the day I played cord grips too. Now a friend of mine tried to talk me into the gloveless thing when they came out with the GP Tour Wraps. Found that I grip the club too hard on full shots--- I guess with me it is like you a mental thing

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

This is exactly what happened to me. And it's pretty much what i do. I will on occasion take the glove off for short shots to have better feel around the greens.

Also to help get the glove dry in order to swap back and forth I bought some long Velcro pieces that are used for containing electrical cords and attach them to the cart then just let it hang and flop around on the wind, after a few holes it's dry and then I swap out, then keep doing that until I'm done with the round.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

So it's been awfully humid here the last week or so. I've been to the range a couple of times and it seems that after about 20-25 balls my hands get sweaty and my glove is saturated - especially in the heel pad.

Am I unique? Does anyone else sweat like that and if so what do you do?

I used to have powder in my bag but I think the last bottle burst open and it went everywhere.

I play in Texas and Oklahoma during the summer so I know you pain!! The only solution I have seen work is getting a certain type of glove: the Titlelist perma-soft takes awhile to get wet but does not sacrifice grip. Nor does it tear up easily. One of the best gloves IMO. Bit expensive at $10-12 per single glove. Just thought I would share. Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I play in Texas and Oklahoma during the summer so I know you pain!! The only solution I have seen work is getting a certain type of glove: the Titlelist perma-soft takes awhile to get wet but does not sacrifice grip. Nor does it tear up easily. One of the best gloves IMO. Bit expensive at $10-12 per single glove. Just thought I would share. Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks for the tip!

I'll check it out.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

So it's been awfully humid here the last week or so.  I've been to the range a couple of times and it seems that after about 20-25 balls my hands get sweaty and my glove is saturated - especially in the heel pad.

Am I unique?  Does anyone else sweat like that and if so what do you do?

If I were you Stroker I'd try some clear men's antiperspirant. I didn't read the entire thread so maybe someone already suggested that.

But it's worked great for me in the past. I don't need anything here in West Texas but over in Alabama in the summer it was a lifesaver for me.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

If I were you Stroker I'd try some clear men's antiperspirant. I didn't read the entire thread so maybe someone already suggested that.

But it's worked great for me in the past. I don't need anything here in West Texas but over in Alabama in the summer it was a lifesaver for me.

Huh..never would have thought of that Plaid! I'm going to try it!

Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

A rain glove gets grippier the wetter it gets. I tried one a couple of times as I play down here in very humid conditions and it worked well. I just don't like wearing a glove though so I went back to full cord grips.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Archived