Sweaty hands, soggy glove

Our Sponsors

I'm the same way so what I started doing was at the water stations every 3 holes I run water over my hands to cool them down. Works wonders for me. I also have a 64 oz hydoflask that I have contemplated bringing on the course with me as it keeps water cold to do every hole. However, since water is generally every 3 holes this has allowed me to go 1 glove a round for now but the glove is still a little damp at end. Saved me from blowing through 3 gloves a month though!

On the range though I'm lucky as they keep water there and I just wet and air dry or wipe down my hands every so often.

Has to be cold water though! Warm at all does nothing for me.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Running a little cool water over the hands is a brilliant idea. Filing this one for future use!

Sent from my 831C using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In this end of the south it gets as humid as in Florida. I sweat a lot anyhow. In the humid weather I take my glove off between shots and do not wear one on short wedge,bunker and chip shots. I do not

Rain glove.   It is designed to be wet when used.    

Mine get this way when I'm out sometimes, I don't really have any solutions unfortunately. Just know you're not alone.   I actually play with a guy who has about five or six gloves he carries with

I don't wear a golf glove and I do just find.  They're too much of a hassle for me and it's one less thing I have to spend money on.  I play way too often to be digging in my pocket for golf gloves. 

What's the purpose of a glove if your hand get's sweaty anyway? My hands don't sweat so I'm fortunate with that.   I will say I wear winter gloves when the fingers get cold but only if the temp warrants it.

• Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway Epic Flash 3 hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 6 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey Arm Lock Putter 42 inch

I carry 2 gloves that I alternate on 9's, I have 2 more in my bag just in case 

• Like 1

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

So it's been awfully humid here the last week or so.  I've been to the range a couple of times and it seems that after about 20-25 balls my hands get sweaty and my glove is saturated - especially in the heel pad.

Am I unique?  Does anyone else sweat like that and if so what do you do?

I've brought 2 gloves to the range but they both just end up getting wet.

I used to have powder in my bag but I think the last bottle burst open and it went everywhere. 

Has anyone tried powder on their hands?

The problem I get is my grips get slick and slip a bit in my hands...

signed: hot in Massachusetts

If I go out there and have a long range session, mine will do that.  I used to buy the cheap gloves, but the higher quality gloves don't seem to do that anywhere near as bad.  Also, when I'm playing, I'll take my glove off after every shot so I'm not consistently sweating in it.  Also, put it in a ziploc bag when you finish playing so it will stay a little soft instead of getting hard and stiff. 

If I'm doing a long range session in the summer, though, I'll hit about 40-50 balls, then go chip or putt for a few minutes and I don't use my glove for either of those.  Then I'll go back and hit some more.  

• Like 1

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

If I go out there and have a long range session, mine will do that.  I used to buy the cheap gloves, but the higher quality gloves don't seem to do that anywhere near as bad.  Also, when I'm playing, I'll take my glove off after every shot so I'm not consistently sweating in it.  Also, put it in a ziploc bag when you finish playing so it will stay a little soft instead of getting hard and stiff. 

If I'm doing a long range session in the summer, though, I'll hit about 40-50 balls, then go chip or putt for a few minutes and I don't use my glove for either of those.  Then I'll go back and hit some more.  

Good call on the ziplock!  I used to do that but stopped.. not sure why.  It helps.

G410 LST | King F7 | 818 H2 | Srixon Z785 | ZipCore | Newport 3

I don't wear a golf glove and I do just find.  They're too much of a hassle for me and it's one less thing I have to spend money on.  I play way too often to be digging in my pocket for golf gloves. 

What's the purpose of a glove if your hand get's sweaty anyway? My hands don't sweat so I'm fortunate with that.   I will say I wear winter gloves when the fingers get cold but only if the temp warrants it.

I tried the no glove thing and it does not work for me. For me for some reason it affects my grip pressure on long shots. On short wedge shots I manulipate the club so much I have to have absolute feel. But do not pay any attention to me because I am quirky any how

• Like 2

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Wilson Staff JP II 56* shaft unknown

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

So it's been awfully humid here the last week or so. I've been to the range a couple of times and it seems that after about 20-25 balls my hands get sweaty and my glove is saturated - especially in the heel pad.

Am I unique? Does anyone else sweat like that and if so what do you do?

I used to have powder in my bag but I think the last bottle burst open and it went everywhere.

I also get the slime in my gloves too when it's hot out. I usually switch between 2 or more gloves in a round to let them dry out. I also take it off after every shot. Also hot in Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

What's funny for me is that I live in Florida. I played yesterday at 3 in the afternoon. It was 98 and 87 percent humidity when I tee'd off. I've lived in CT and MA. Even the worst days there only come close to touching our normal.

Here's the answer...

attachicon.gifIMG_0554.JPG

I use that before every shot. It's imperative to change grips often and keep them dry when it's hot and humid. I have the rain gloves which work great in the rain but I'm not crazy about them at other times. The good news for you is that your hot and humid weather has already passed. Mine will too, in late October or early November. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Trust me I also have plenty of those and nothing fancy either. I buy all of my 'golf towels" at Dollar General for around $1.50 each for bath size. I wash them and rotate them out when they get too bad then they get used for shop towels. I did hit a deal a couple of years ago at the Salvation Army they had a whole shopping cart full of motel grade towels 5 for $1. I bought what was left which was about 50 towels. Some of them went to shop and house cleaning rags. Yep no fancy golf course or product logo towels for me

• Like 2

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

When I first moved to Missouri from the northwest, I thought I was going to drown in the humidity and holding a golf club was nearly impossible for me. A local golf store had what was essentially a pine tar rag that was a towel on the opposite side. Changing gloves frequently and using that rag worked great.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

So it's been awfully humid here the last week or so. I've been to the range a couple of times and it seems that after about 20-25 balls my hands get sweaty and my glove is saturated - especially in the heel pad.

Am I unique? Does anyone else sweat like that and if so what do you do?

Mitchum gell, unscented. Works wonders.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

So we are entering another season, and there were many responses in this string about gloves, when to wear, what to wear and how often to wear, when to change, tacky stuff, and powder stuff.  In the end, is there a grip that can create a positive hold without requiring gloves at all?   My son has never worn gloves, and except for an occasional blister has never had an issue with clubs slipping. Just curious if anyone or any company has ever deeply looked into this?

• Like 1

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

So we are entering another season, and there were many responses in this string about gloves, when to wear, what to wear and how often to wear, when to change, tacky stuff, and powder stuff. In the end, is there a grip that can create a positive hold without requiring gloves at all? My son has never worn gloves, and except for an occasional blister has never had an issue with clubs slipping. Just curious if anyone or any company has ever deeply looked into this?

I was expecting some other poster when opening this

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I know @chisag doesn't use a glove and he has a very low handicap... not sure what grips he's using.

I suppose you do need to choose with care as I can imagine some of them would chew your hands up.

G410 LST | King F7 | 818 H2 | Srixon Z785 | ZipCore | Newport 3

When I lived in Michigan I never wore a glove, and never had a problem. I used GP players softie cord. Since moving to SC it's almost mandatory to wear a glove, I cannot find a grip I like that works without a glove. If you are looking for something that won't slip, I would look into corded grips, or check out Zach at best grips for some leather grips that are pretty tacky and won't slip even in the rain.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

When I lived in Michigan I never wore a glove, and never had a problem. I used GP players softie cord. Since moving to SC it's almost mandatory to wear a glove, I cannot find a grip I like that works without a glove. If you are looking for something that won't slip, I would look into corded grips, or check out Zach at best grips for some leather grips that are pretty tacky and won't slip even in the rain.

I never wore a glove until my senior year in HS, and I used GP Victory Cords. You get used to it.

Here in humid VA, I alternate three gloves when I play, changing after every shot. I hang on to old, nasty gloves with holes in them for the range. I'll use gloves on the range until they disintegrate.

I've tried going gloveless, but it's a mental thing with me now. Wish I'd never started...

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4 Wood (17*) - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I never wore a glove until my senior year in HS, and I used GP Victory Cords. You get used to it.

Here in humid VA, I alternate three gloves when I play, changing after every shot. I hang on to old, nasty gloves with holes in them for the range. I'll use gloves on the range until they disintegrate.

I've tried going gloveless, but it's a mental thing with me now. Wish I'd never started...

I have always worn a glove and back in the day I played cord grips too. Now a friend of mine tried to talk me into the gloveless thing when they came out with the GP Tour Wraps. Found that I grip the club too hard on full shots--- I guess with me it is like you a mental thing

• Like 1

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

This is exactly what happened to me. And it's pretty much what i do. I will on occasion take the glove off for short shots to have better feel around the greens.

Also to help get the glove dry in order to swap back and forth I bought some long Velcro pieces that are used for containing electrical cords and attach them to the cart then just let it hang and flop around on the wind, after a few holes it's dry and then I swap out, then keep doing that until I'm done with the round.

• Like 1

Lefties are always in their Right Mind