Cleveland Golf returns to the Iron and Driver Market

Our Sponsors

I'm a fan of Cleveland because they are really focused on helping amateurs play better golf.  That's glaringly obvious in what they've done in their short game equipment the last few years and I think the new CBX wedges further that effort.  That said, I don't really get why they need to move back over to the woods/irons segment.  The Altitude-esque irons are horrific looking.  While I get that the HB driver has some legacy I just can't imagine it's going to be vastly easier to hit than the Srixon 565 driver.  Honestly, I believe the 565 irons are forgiving enough for even high handicappers to play with ease.  This seems like an odd move for Cleveland and I just don't see it getting any traction.

I'd love to see Srixon be the wood/hybrid/irons arm with Cleveland focusing solely on short game.  I'm a HUGE fan of the company...this move just seems a bit odd.

• Like 1

The Srixon 355 iron (their most forgiving club) didn't really take off. I think that it's a smart move on their part. Make the Srixons the high end forged line and the clevelands the more game/SGI line.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I'm a fan of Cleveland because they are really focused on helping amateurs play better golf.  That's glaringly obvious in what they've done in their short game equipment the last few years and I think the new CBX wedges further that effort.  That said, I don't really get why they need to move back over to the woods/irons segment.  The Altitude-esque irons are horrific looking.  While I get that the HB driver has some legacy I just can't imagine it's going to be vastly easier to hit than the Srixon 565 driver.  Honestly, I believe the 565 irons are forgiving enough for even high handicappers to play with ease.  This seems like an odd move for Cleveland and I just don't see it getting any traction.

I'd love to see Srixon be the wood/hybrid/irons arm with Cleveland focusing solely on short game.  I'm a HUGE fan of the company...this move just seems a bit odd.

Couldn't agree with you more!

The Srixon 355 iron (their most forgiving club) didn't really take off. I think that it's a smart move on their part. Make the Srixons the high end forged line and the clevelands the more game/SGI line.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

This is the ONLY thought process I can see that would be any reason to deviate from Orange Hog's thoughts above.  And it will have to be more from the price standpoint I feel, as the 545's are easy enough for just about anyone to play, even a beginner that has the remotest ability to make a decent swing. 

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I've always wanted to try more of a hybrid driving iron as my fairway woods are probably the worst part of my game. I good with my 4ir but want something that has a higher launch angle and longer distance. If i could get something to have to replace my 5wd for shots around 220yrd and something for my 3wd around 240-250yrd i'd be very happy.

Driver - Ping G5 10.5

3W & 5W - Taylormade aeroburner 

Irons - Cobra Amp cell 4-GW 

Wedge - Titleist Volky 60deg

Putter - Odyssey V-7 tank superstoke long grip