tommc23

Cooking

Our Sponsors

17 hours ago, scooterhd2 said:

So much good stuff in here. Family was out of town for the 4th so I made a Saturday and Sunday night meal. 3-2-1 Ribs and smoked potatoes. 

20200704_180610.jpg

How do like the Pitboss cabinet?

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

3 hours ago, MattF said:

How do like the Pitboss cabinet?

It's brand new for me. Only the 1 cook so far. For years I had a classic weber charcoal smoker and loved the food that came off it. But when I moved from Oregon to AZ, I sold off most of my stuff so that I wouldn't have to pack it up and pay to have it shipped or to drive it down here. Anyway, I was looking to make the change to something that was super easy to use, something we could use as an oven outside (nice not to heat the house up in the summer in AZ), something my wife could possibly figure out. So far so good, as I didn't have to babysit anything and the Pit Boss kept its temperatures really well, even when sitting out in direct 105 degree sunlight.

I will say the ribs were damn good. I've been craving good BBQ and good ribs and most of the restaurants around have let me down. These were turned out to be an B+. I was getting A+ ribs on the weber smoker, and then finished on a propane grill. I think there is a bit of a learning curve with the pellets and I may need an aftermarket smoke tube. But it was nice to cook them from start to finish on one pit. Cleanup was easy. And unless you want to spritz something there's really no need to check on anything which was a nice change. More time relaxing in the pool or golfing. I can get the wife to make sure it doesn't flare up or something weird, but there is no way shes adding charcoal and wood chips to a hot pit. 

• Like 2

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Tensei Orange 60X
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* Hybrid, AD-DI 85S
  • Irons: :srixon-small: U85 4I AD DI 95S, Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :ping-small:: Glide 3.0 52, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
  • RH in Phoenix, AZ