TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mizuno Golf Balls coming to USA!

Shankster

This is good news. Il be interested in trying them. I have a friend on a trip to Ireland and Scotland currently. He was going to try and grab me a dozen.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

This is good news. Il be interested in trying them. I have a friend on a trip to Ireland and Scotland currently. He was going to try and grab me a dozen.

I was just about to pay $60 for a dozen on eBay.... this makes this so much easier. But not much cheaper.

- Alan

Wonder if they will be selling more then the one MP-X ball, or will they have 2pc to the 4pc.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Until now they were not available in the USA that must be the reason Stacy Lewis on the LPGA who plays Mizuno equipment signed to play the Bridgestone ball last year.

If I can con some pro friend to give me a sample pack I will try them or if I find one I will try it.

Wonder if the Korean company that makes some of the TM balls and the Kirkland is making it for them?

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I don't think this is going to work. Hard to crack the market right now with so many balls especially at that price point. $47 is a big ask for a new ball in the market with big brands like TM, Cally, Srixon, and Bridgestone already under your price and on equal terms with Titleist. That's not even factoring in Direct to Consumer sales like Snell, MG, Vice, Oncore, etc. 

A big risk for Mizuno to do this and one that I don't think is going to work out for them.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I'll give them a try, but the ball market is super crowded right now

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Tough market to get into, but my guess is they aren't out to grab the majority market share. Most likely more of a niche sale.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Tough market to get into, but my guess is they aren't out to grab the majority market share. Most likely more of a niche sale.

MDGolfHacker

Yeah, but what's a niche slice here? Is it really worth going into a market for what's going to amount to less than 1%? It's their business, it's just a puzzling choice.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

Yeah, but what's a niche slice here? Is it really worth going into a market for what's going to amount to less than 1%? It's their business, it's just a puzzling choice.

I get what you're saying, and you're probably right number wise.  Everybody knows that Titleist has over 50% market share and closer to 60% when you factor in Pinnacle.  

Srixon at 3%, Wilson at 2% and Volvik at 1% bring up the rear (not counting consume direct as those numbers aren't in the reports i get).  So Srixon having two very solid lines  Z Star and Q Star and Wilson having the Duo which does very well in the mid price range barely making end roads, and still only being at 3% means Mizuno most likely will be fighting for that 1% share.

Now whether that 1% share is enough for them to make it worthwhile from a financial or brand awareness side is another matter that only those inside Mizuno will know and decide. 

That said, I'm excited to give them a try, I'm excited about my JPX Irons and the upcoming MP18 line, so why not have a ball to be excited about.   That said, it's going to have to perform like whipped cream on banana pudding at that price for me to stick with it.  

I get what you're saying, and you're probably right number wise.  Everybody knows that Titleist has over 50% market share and closer to 60% when you factor in Pinnacle.  

Srixon at 3%, Wilson at 2% and Volvik at 1% bring up the rear (not counting consume direct as those numbers aren't in the reports i get).  So Srixon having two very solid lines  Z Star and Q Star and Wilson having the Duo which does very well in the mid price range barely making end roads, and still only being at 3% means Mizuno most likely will be fighting for that 1% share.

Now whether that 1% share is enough for them to make it worthwhile from a financial or brand awareness side is another matter that only those inside Mizuno will know and decide. 

That said, I'm excited to give them a try, I'm excited about my JPX Irons and the upcoming MP18 line, so why not have a ball to be excited about.   That said, it's going to have to perform like whipped cream on banana pudding at that price for me to stick with it.  

Good description of performance there, lol!

SIK Golf Flo-C

I get what you're saying, and you're probably right number wise. Everybody knows that Titleist has over 50% market share and closer to 60% when you factor in Pinnacle.

Srixon at 3%, Wilson at 2% and Volvik at 1% bring up the rear (not counting consume direct as those numbers aren't in the reports i get). So Srixon having two very solid lines Z Star and Q Star and Wilson having the Duo which does very well in the mid price range barely making end roads, and still only being at 3% means Mizuno most likely will be fighting for that 1% share.

That said, I'm excited to give them a try, I'm excited about my JPX Irons and the upcoming MP18 line, so why not have a ball to be excited about. That said, it's going to have to perform like whipped cream on banana pudding at that price for me to stick with it.

So Bridgestone does not even show up in those stats? That amazes me as I'm a big fan if their product.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

So Bridgestone does not even show up in those stats? That amazes me as I'm a big fan if their product.

Think he just took the top and the bottom Ole Gray. I believe Cally and B-Stone are around 10-15%, with B-Stone maybe higher than Cally.

SIK Golf Flo-C

Wonder if the Korean company that makes some of the TM balls and the Kirkland is making it for them?

I was thinking the same thing.   The cost and capital investment required to establish a manufacturing process, on the surface, would seem a bit excessive to gain what will be a small if not insignificant portion of the market.    If they were able to construct a deal with a current manufacturer for the use of the Mizuno name, then it may make some sense.  When most of the OEMs offer balls, it will show that likewise they are involved in all segments of the golf equipment industry.  

bergtaur is correct OG...Don't panic.

Think he just took the top and the bottom Ole Gray. I believe Cally and B-Stone are around 10-15%, with B-Stone maybe higher than Cally.

Thanks!! Here's the complete picture.

Titleist              47%

Callaway          15%

Pinnacle           12%

Bridgestone       9%

TaylorMade        8%

Srixon                3%

Wilson                2%

Volvik                 1%

Titleist              47%

Callaway          15%

Pinnacle           12%

Bridgestone       9%

TaylorMade        8%

Srixon                3%

Wilson                2%

Volvik                 1%

Ohhhhhhhh K    Now ya cooking with Crisco  ;) 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Titleist 47%

Callaway 15%

Pinnacle 12%

Bridgestone 9%

TaylorMade 8%

Srixon 3%

Wilson 2%

Volvik 1%

Kind of shocking to see Pinnacle that high in my mind, unless they make something that doesn't sound and feel like hitting a billiard ball that I have never seen.

With my skill level, I typically look at mid grade balls that don't break the bank, as I usually lose them long before they get too marked up. Right now I play either Taylor Made PentaSpeed that my daughters bought for my birthday or some Bridgestones I bought that were on sale 24 for $30.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Actually the Pinnacle of today is not your grandfather's Pinnacle. It's a really decent ball.

It's our No. 2 seller behind ProV1. It's the ball people come in ask "what's the cheapest ball you have".

The guy that is playing in a outing and doesn't have any or plays a few times a year and buys as he goes.

I was thinking the same thing. The cost and capital investment required to establish a manufacturing process, on the surface, would seem a bit excessive to gain what will be a small if not insignificant portion of the market. If they were able to construct a deal with a current manufacturer for the use of the Mizuno name, then it may make some sense. When most of the OEMs offer balls, it will show that likewise they are involved in all segments of the golf equipment industry.

The manufacturing process is already there, they have been producing balls for Europe and Asia for a while.

So it would be more of a marketing overhead in the US.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

The manufacturing process is already there, they have been producing balls for Europe and Asia for a while.

Thanks, I was not aware that they were actually manufacturing golf balls.   So, while I assume management has their reasons and an appropriate business or marketing plan, I'm hard pressed to say what it may be.   But if they offer a good left handed ball, I wish them the best.

Thanks for pointing that out, I kinda mentioned it early on as my friend was looking for them on his recent trip.  I should have mentioned it in the more recent posts as well, so yeah it's not like they incurred a lot of start up costs for it. 

Actually the Pinnacle of today is not your grandfather's Pinnacle. It's a really decent ball.

It's our No. 2 seller behind ProV1. It's the ball people come in ask "what's the cheapest ball you have".

The guy that is playing in a outing and doesn't have any or plays a few times a year and buys as he goes.

If I remember correctly Pinnacle is owned by the same people that own Titleist.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I just got 2 dozen from Japan

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

You know I sorta screwed the pooch on my previous statement. Out of all the people I know in the golf industry I do not know one single Mizuno staffer. But then again if they are seriously considering making a dent in the market they may send some sample packs to all the pros.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

In the old days Club Specials were reject Titleist Balls according to my old man but then again you had x out Titleists too. Of course back in those days all balls were Balata. I think I halfway caught him on they statement when I asked then why do they have x outs? He just growled at me and said I am telling you. I remember we sold the Club Specials loose in a glass open top cookie jar .25 each or 5 for $1 I think it was. They came to us loose in a big brown box. I never saw them in a sleeve or dozen box or at least at our place

G

You know I sorta screwed the pooch on my previous statement. Out of all the people I know in the golf industry I do not know one single Mizuno staffer. But then again if they are seriously considering making a dent in the market they may send some sample packs to all the pros.

I remember the first time I used a Pro-V was from a 2 ball sample pack that my buds at the local golf shop gave me.   The Titleist rep gave them the sample backs to give to their customers.   

Basically, they have the manufacturing and the distribution in the states. By not selling balls, the only thing they're doing is giving away market share to competitors. Even if they break even, it's still good because they're picking the competition's pockets.

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Archived