Mizuno Golf Balls coming to USA!

Shankster

Actually the Pinnacle of today is not your grandfather's Pinnacle. It's a really decent ball.

It's our No. 2 seller behind ProV1. It's the ball people come in ask "what's the cheapest ball you have".

The guy that is playing in a outing and doesn't have any or plays a few times a year and buys as he goes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I was thinking the same thing. The cost and capital investment required to establish a manufacturing process, on the surface, would seem a bit excessive to gain what will be a small if not insignificant portion of the market. If they were able to construct a deal with a current manufacturer for the use of the Mizuno name, then it may make some sense. When most of the OEMs offer balls, it will show that likewise they are involved in all segments of the golf equipment industry.

The manufacturing process is already there, they have been producing balls for Europe and Asia for a while.

So it would be more of a marketing overhead in the US.

• Like 2

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

The manufacturing process is already there, they have been producing balls for Europe and Asia for a while.

Thanks, I was not aware that they were actually manufacturing golf balls.   So, while I assume management has their reasons and an appropriate business or marketing plan, I'm hard pressed to say what it may be.   But if they offer a good left handed ball, I wish them the best.

Thanks for pointing that out, I kinda mentioned it early on as my friend was looking for them on his recent trip.  I should have mentioned it in the more recent posts as well, so yeah it's not like they incurred a lot of start up costs for it. 

Actually the Pinnacle of today is not your grandfather's Pinnacle. It's a really decent ball.

It's our No. 2 seller behind ProV1. It's the ball people come in ask "what's the cheapest ball you have".

The guy that is playing in a outing and doesn't have any or plays a few times a year and buys as he goes.

If I remember correctly Pinnacle is owned by the same people that own Titleist.

• Like 1

:ping-small:  Driver G425 Max 9*
:taylormade-small:  3 wood SIM Max

:taylormade-small: SIM2  4i / AW graphite 

:taylormade-small: MG3 54/11 58/8                      

:taylormade-small: Spider FCG SB

:taylormade-small: TP5 2021

I just got 2 dozen from Japan

• Like 1

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

You know I sorta screwed the pooch on my previous statement. Out of all the people I know in the golf industry I do not know one single Mizuno staffer. But then again if they are seriously considering making a dent in the market they may send some sample packs to all the pros.

• Like 1

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff

In the old days Club Specials were reject Titleist Balls according to my old man but then again you had x out Titleists too. Of course back in those days all balls were Balata. I think I halfway caught him on they statement when I asked then why do they have x outs? He just growled at me and said I am telling you. I remember we sold the Club Specials loose in a glass open top cookie jar .25 each or 5 for $1 I think it was. They came to us loose in a big brown box. I never saw them in a sleeve or dozen box or at least at our place

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff

You know I sorta screwed the pooch on my previous statement. Out of all the people I know in the golf industry I do not know one single Mizuno staffer. But then again if they are seriously considering making a dent in the market they may send some sample packs to all the pros.

I remember the first time I used a Pro-V was from a 2 ball sample pack that my buds at the local golf shop gave me.   The Titleist rep gave them the sample backs to give to their customers.   

Basically, they have the manufacturing and the distribution in the states. By not selling balls, the only thing they're doing is giving away market share to competitors. Even if they break even, it's still good because they're picking the competition's pockets.

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Any idea when?? I'd love to give them a try!!!

I believe they are on the Mizuno site now for ordering. Not sure when and if they will be in shops. I'll be checking with our rep on Monday for sure.

• Like 1

Interesting, I'll definitely be up for trying them out

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

Sold out on the site [emoji20]

That did not take long, hope they can keep up with the orders.

:ping-small:  Driver G425 Max 9*
:taylormade-small:  3 wood SIM Max

:taylormade-small: SIM2  4i / AW graphite 

:taylormade-small: MG3 54/11 58/8                      

:taylormade-small: Spider FCG SB

:taylormade-small: TP5 2021

In the old days Club Specials were reject Titleist Balls according to my old man but then again you had x out Titleists too. Of course back in those days all balls were Balata. I think I halfway caught him on they statement when I asked then why do they have x outs? He just growled at me and said I am telling you. I remember we sold the Club Specials loose in a glass open top cookie jar .25 each or 5 for $1 I think it was. They came to us loose in a big brown box. I never saw them in a sleeve or dozen box or at least at our place

My first sleeve of balls were Club Specials. It was 1983. Also, Worthingtons. Complete crap, but I knew no better and had a great time regardless.

:ping-small: G410 Plus driver, G410 3 wood
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titelist-small: 716 AP1 6-GW irons
:edel-golf-1: DRV 54, 58 wedges
:odyssey-small: Two-Ball Ten Tour Lined