Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
sabol412

Best courses you have played on vacation

Haven't played on any courses outside the US (yet) but loved playing Torrey Pines, and the courses at the World Golf Village. Currituck Club in Corolla is also one I really enjoyed!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Played Port Royal GC in Bermuda last year. This is the best public course in Bermuda, especially with the huge makeover a few years back. #16 over the ocean cliff is really challenging in the wind. Check out the plaque in the ground on the back tee if you play there.

Mid Ocean GC in Bermuda was the best private course I played. Also really nice views with #18 right on the water.

20151120_171157 pr sunset.jpg

Sunset view from the Port Royal practice green with the driving range in the background.

The courses at PGA West. I won a trip through work, so all of the greens fees were covered! Great deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My best vacation courses would have to be Makena on Maui and Old Works in Anaconda, Montana

TPC Sawgrass, PGA National and Pebble (beautiful place extremely over rated course IMO - not in my top 5 all time courses)

I'm playing a nice track while on vacation this upcoming weekend over in Port St Lucie. I'm hoping to pick off a streamsong course on a vacation this winter.

I've played Bethpage Black, whistling Straits, Black Wolf Run, World Woods Pine Barrens, Purgatory, Grand Cypress, the Disney Courses, among others, while not on vacation. There was great golf where I lived in Wisconsin and fairly good good in Florida, in case you haven't heard. Golf in Florida is much cheaper too.

Black Mountain in Hua Hin. I played there a few years ago just after I started playing, would love to go back and play again. 

IMG_4378.JPG

Top 5 Outside the US: Old Head (rain and shine), Turnberry at sunset, Cruden Bay, Ballybunion, Royal Aberdeen

IMG_0610.JPG

Top 5 in the US: Old Mac & Bandon Dunes, the Dunes Course at the Prairie Club (NE), Chambers Bay (yeah, yeah, bring it on), Whistling Straits,

Yes, I clearly have a type...

• Like 1

On a cruise a couple of years ago and had the opportunity to play Royal Dornoch. It's the only course I've played in Scotland (so far), but...WOW! What an amazing experience! Not only a fantastic course with stunning, views, but the history of the place and the warmth of the people are what really struck me. Definitely going back (and this time I'll add a few more courses to the rotation)!

Royal Dornoch.jpg

The courses at PGA West, and the Canyons and Foothills at Barton Creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro