Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Official Forum Member Review: Bettinardi Putters

Great start fellow spies, looking forward to your stage 2 reviews. Those are some bad a$$ putters, so jealous.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Stage 2 is up! Much more to come once our greens heal up from punching & sanding. Videos, side by side shootout, and info galore 🏌️⛳️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

My Stage 2 is up! Much more to come once our greens heal up from punching & sanding. Videos, side by side shootout, and info galore 🏌️⛳️

That's too bad to hear they suffer from finish issues but I'm glad to hear about their customer service.

G-Bar made a post a while back about a similar issue with the finish.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

That's too bad to hear they suffer from finish issues but I'm glad to hear about their customer service.

G-Bar made a post a while back about a similar issue with the finish.

I was hoping it was a Queen B #9 only type issue.

Cleveland

Dang, y'all quick on the trigger with your Stage 2s. I will be working on mine today and maybe tomorrow if I don't finish it.

Well done partners!

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

Bumping this thread up for any questions you all might have.  We have had plenty of time with the putters to comment and you can help us think of new things to look at. 

Cleveland

Man these stages are moving along faster than I can keep up!

Is Glen done already?

Man these stages are moving along faster than I can keep up!

Is Glen done already?

He's hotter than a 2 dollar pistol! lol

I still have some work to do on stage 2 as our greens are healing from aeration. I've had plenty of time with the Queen B #9 however once the greens return to normal the performance I have experienced may be different.  So far I'm excited about what I'm seeing!

Cleveland

I call my putter Betty because she's winning bets for me right and left. 

Wahahahahahaha i hope Betty 2 will serve you as well as this one did, ole grey ;)

Driver:           :PXG:0811 XF GEN4 10,5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 60 regular shaft.

Hybrids:        :cobra-small:  FLY-Z 3/4/5 , VLCT ALTUS R-flex 75gr. shaft.

Irons:             :cobra-small:  Speedzone One Length Irons 5-GW - KBS Tour 90 Regular shaft.

Wedges:        ST8TS Tour T Wedges 52-56-60 + 1,5cm KBS regular shaft.

Putter:            MLA Tour XDream 'Black Edition' Superstroke 3.0 slim (standard 34")

Ball's:             :honma: D1 and TW-X for the moment till i can find a better deal 😉

Rangefinder:  Garmin Fenix 6X Pro, ZIYOUHU Chinese laser, Garmin Approach X40., SwingU app.

Privileged to been testing the MLA Tour XDream BLACK EDITION SuperStroke 3.0 slim AND SwingU app for MyGolfSpy!

Just dropped my stage 2 and it`s been very interesting reading all yours guys.

:callaway-small: rouge subzero Fujikura Evo 2 shaft

:titelist-small:  F2  3 wood Mitsubishi rayon 

:titelist-small:  818.21 hybrid Even flow black

Ben Hogan irons apex 4 shafts 

:mizuno-small: S18 wedges 50/54/58

:titelist-small:  Cameron and Crown M1

Wahahahahahaha i hope Betty 2 will serve you as well as this one did, ole grey ;)

Actually I just sent Bettinardi an email requesting they do not sent me a replacement putter.  I mean geez here I am with this awesome opportunity to test a great product for free. I have zero room to complain about a little rust .   I feel bad about doing it in the first place so hopefully they received my email before a replacement was shipped.  Oh and by the way, that rusty little Betty is rolling that rock oh sooooooo well!  Putting use to be the worst part of my game and that is no longer the case. 

Cleveland

Just dropped my stage 2 and it`s been very interesting reading all yours guys.

Awesome review. Great read.

What's the longest putt you've made with it so far?

Awesome review. Great read.

What's the longest putt you've made with it so far?

On course it was a 30-foot birdie putt with about 7 feet of left to right swing slightly down hill it was one of those that you just knew it was in after the first five feet of travel.

The longest on the practice green is about 45 foot but you pretty much know the line when you spend a few hours a week practising on there.

On course it was a 30-foot birdie putt with about 7 feet of left to right swing slightly down hill it was one of those that you just knew it was in after the first five feet of travel.

The longest on the practice green is about 45 foot but you pretty much know the line when you spend a few hours a week practising on there.

This dawg will hunt huh DH! It's freaking me out because my putter is becoming the best stick in my bag

Cleveland

I do have a  bug to bear though the Bettinardi Queen B-9 is a high maintenance chick I`m finding the finish on the club requires a

coat of light oil after each round to keep rust at bay.

My Kronos touch refined Is PVD coated and has been rust free without oil all winter!! 

So that's a disappointment.

So you had the rust issue too?   I was not aware we had to oil these putters down after a round to maintain a rust free environment.  

Well done buddy!   I'm like you in the fact that I am enjoying the Queen B to the max.   It's a sweet rolling putt making machine.  :wub:

Cleveland

So you had the rust issue too?   I was not aware we had to oil these putters down after a round to maintain a rust free environment.  

Well done buddy!   I'm like you in the fact that I am enjoying the Queen B to the max.   It's a sweet rolling putt making machine.  :wub:

I just had a thought Bill, why don't you try some WD40 and see if it cuts the rust.  It is worth a try.

You did roll Betty really well today, I enjoyed our round immensely.  Nice to meet Richard and awesome seeing KellyBo again. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

This is great read spy's. Giving me lots to think about for my upcoming one.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

This is great read spy's. Giving me lots to think about for my upcoming one.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We're definitely benefiting from seeing 2 other putter reviews to see what works and what doesn't.

I just had a thought Bill, why don't you try some WD40 and see if it cuts the rust.  It is worth a try.

You did roll Betty really well today, I enjoyed our round immensely.  Nice to meet Richard and awesome seeing KellyBo again. 

That is a great idea!  I'll get the WD out tomorrow and give her a good rub down.  When it's all said and done, a little rust is not going to hurt my feelings.  Especially the way Betty is providing me more confidence with a putter than I have  ever had . 

Cleveland

Bill don't bother with WD-40 it's not worth the effort...Get some fine gun oil that will tickle betty up a treat and keep her nice and moist for you 😂

Bill don't bother with WD-40 it's not worth the effort...Get some fine gun oil that will tickle betty up a treat and keep her nice and moist for you

Will gun oil remove the rust? I actually have some gun cleaning oil for my 9mm Glock

Yea I need to have my gal all greased up and ready for action

Cleveland

This is BAAADDDDD -- Reading up to stage 2 on the Queen Bee - I want one NOW!!!!  this forum is gonna cost me... already put a deposit on the ShotScope V2, am jones'n for Snell MTBs (and I still have 3 dozen ProV1's in the truck)....  this could get ugly!!!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

This is BAAADDDDD -- Reading up to stage 2 on the Queen Bee - I want one NOW!!!!  this forum is gonna cost me... already put a deposit on the ShotScope V2, am jones'n for Snell MTBs (and I still have 3 dozen ProV1's in the truck)....  this could get ugly!!!

My little Betty is the sweetest rolling putter I have ever bagged, bar none.  Distance control, balance, feel, looks, lower putt count, and the confidence this putter provides me is the real deal.  For me, it's pretty close to cheating on the greens ;) ...........  I making more one putts these days than McDonald's makes cheeseburgers. jk but seriously  it's eye opening for me. 

Cleveland

This is my current flat stick.  I like it but now really REALLY want to try the Queen Bee 9.............

s-l300.jpg

Cleveland Classic BRZ 5 putter.JPG

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

I made a putt today on our # 6 hole which was a monster! Two tier green and ball was on bottom with pin 60ish feet on top. Betty took it to the house

Cleveland

Ok folks I'm a bit sad today as I'm boxing up my original "Betty" and sending her back home. If you read my Stage 2 thread, I mentioned a minor rust issue.  I emailed Bettinardi and they requested pics. They immediately responded back with return instructions to include a shipping label.  This was Friday of last week. I received the shipping label in the mail yesterday. Now here's the kicker.  I emailed Trish (who I'm talking to at Bettinardi) about me keeping the original putter.  I told her it was working really well for me and since I received it free for a forum testing, I felt bad about a little rust and it was not a big deal.   This is what she responded with:

"Hi Bill.

We are not sure as to how much the rust will keep spreading.  I would feel better if you had a putter that performs well and looks good too."

Thanks,

​Trish

​That tells me that Bettinardi totally stands behind their products and desires only the best for those using them.  I've become a  big fan via my forum testing and now I'll be pumping up the brand at any opportunities I get. 

​Great product with good folks who stand behind it!

Cleveland

Ok folks I'm a bit sad today as I'm boxing up my original "Betty" and sending her back home. If you read my Stage 2 thread, I mentioned a minor rust issue.  I emailed Bettinardi and they requested pics. They immediately responded back with return instructions to include a shipping label.  This was Friday of last week. I received the shipping label in the mail yesterday. Now here's the kicker.  I emailed Trish (who I'm talking to at Bettinardi) about me keeping the original putter.  I told her it was working really well for me and since I received it free for a forum testing, I felt bad about a little rust and it was not a big deal.   This is what she responded with:

"Hi Bill.

We are not sure as to how much the rust will keep spreading.  I would feel better if you had a putter that performs well and looks good too."

Thanks,

​Trish

​That tells me that Bettinardi totally stands behind their products and desires only the best for those using them.  I've become a  big fan via my forum testing and now I'll be pumping up the brand at any opportunities I get. 

​Great product with good folks who stand behind it!

I assume they will replace it for you? Betti has great CS so I would expect that they would do that for you.

Nevermind. Just saw your other post about not wanting a replacement. So you are keeping the original? 

I assume they will replace it for you? Betti has great CS so I would expect that they would do that for you.

Nevermind. Just saw your other post about not wanting a replacement. So you are keeping the original? 

Nope,,,, I shipped the original back this morning.  I will put my Odyssey Works #7 back  in the bag for tomorrow's round. It will be very interesting to see how this works out and add an interesting comparison to my stage 3 thread.  I was really rolling the #7 well prior to putting Betty into play.The replacement putter should be arriving tomorrow afternoon probably around 5:00 ish. 

Cleveland

I could not resist in buying this little jewel. I was besotted when I set eyes on it online. 

Living here in the UK it`s quite hard to get things like this so I ordered it in from the USA.

It really was worth the wait although the British customs tax bent me over and stuck it to me..... Some what spoiling the excitement!!

To the tune of £15/ $20!!!!

Overall I paid £45/$58  OUCH!!!!

That's living in the UK for you.

Well, what can I say about the Product It`s just beautifully sculptured by the CNC machine at Bettinardi.

It keeps the theme rolling with the honeycomb machining and of course the brand name on there

The Anodising brings it all to life in a kind of blue/grey colour.

It works a treat at repairing pitch marks and although it cost me a fortune I really do love this piece of functional jewellery.

Bettinardi love at the moment I visited their website and they have an array of Putter covers, patches and ball markers.

I would really like to get more of this high-quality gear but I`m just still a bit sore from the British Customs.

IMG_20170810_190929.jpg

IMG_20170810_190937.jpg

I could not resist in buying this little jewel. I was besotted when I set eyes on it online.

Living here in the UK it`s quite hard to get things like this so I ordered it in from the USA.

It really was worth the wait although the British customs tax bent me over and stuck it to me..... Some what spoiling the excitement!!

To the tune of £15/ $20!!!!

Overall I paid £45/$58 OUCH!!!!

That's living in the UK for you.

Well, what can I say about the Product It`s just beautifully sculptured by the CNC machine at Bettinardi.

It keeps the theme rolling with the honeycomb machining and of course the brand name on there

The Anodising brings it all to life in a kind of blue/grey colour.

It works a treat at repairing pitch marks and although it cost me a fortune I really do love this piece of functional jewellery.

Bettinardi love at the moment I visited their website and they have an array of Putter covers, patches and ball markers.

I would really like to get more of this high-quality gear but I`m just still a bit sore from the British Customs.

Don't lose it! That's a piece of jewelry right there

Cleveland

Archived