Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Official Forum Member Review: Bettinardi Putters

Instead of a players iron, would this be a players putter?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'm certainly no "player" as I'm probably more likely in the hackers category. Personally I think this putter would suite all skill levels. For an example even pros are vastly different with putters in their hands. Most of those guys all strike the ball well so the difference is who rolls the rock better. The old saying of "drive for show and putt for dough" is so true.

The pros that putt well, make more cuts, win more money, and ultimately win more championships. Jordan Speith being an excellent example. You'll notice many pros go through a ton of putters from blades to mallets in search of the magic wand. There are no players putter . With that said there are putters in the more forgiving category. Would the Queen Bee be in the forgiving group, obviously for me it would because I am making more putts from every part of the green.

I've seen low clappers putt well with putters you'd find in a garage sell and I've seen hackers putt well with Tour blade type putters.

It's all about confidence and feel with the putters

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gray, when you do that, can you try to test high/low strikes on the face too? I'm more likely to miss the center vertically than horizontally

Absolutely and I will say this, for me more distance is lost from a "low strike" on the face than a toe or heel miss.

Cleveland

I'm certainly no "player" as I'm probably more likely in the hackers category. Personally I think this putter would suite all skill levels. For an example even pros are vastly different with putters in their hands. Most of those guys all strike the ball well so the difference is who rolls the rock better. The old saying of "drive for show and putt for dough" is so true.

The pros that putt well, make more cuts, win more money, and ultimately win more championships. Jordan Speith being an excellent example. You'll notice many pros go through a ton of putters from blades to mallets in search of the magic wand. There are no players putter . With that said there are putters in the more forgiving category. Would the Queen Bee be in the forgiving group, obviously for me it would because I am making more putts from every part of the green.

I've seen low clappers putt well with putters you'd find in a garage sell and I've seen hackers putt well with Tour blade type putters.

It's all about confidence and feel with the putters

Folks, i just want to throw this out there.  I have known OG for  about 7 years now and have played any where from 10 to 50 rounds per year since we met.  I would conservatively estimate we have played 125 rounds together, in that time I would say I have seen him use no less that 12 different putters.  He has always seemed to be looking for that "magic wand".  From what I have observed in playing with him since he started putting with "Betty" he has found it.  I have not seen the struggles with the short putts, I have not seen the total mishits nor have I witnessed any extremely long or short lag putts from long distances.  I honestly don't recall seeing him 3 putt any with it.  I am excited for my buddy in that I truly believe he has finally found that flat stick that he has been seeking. 

Keep up the good work my friend, I know you will be keeping this one in the bag for a long, long time. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Folks, i just want to throw this out there. I have known OG for about 7 years now and have played any where from 10 to 50 rounds per year since we met. I would conservatively estimate we have played 125 rounds together, in that time I would say I have seen him use no less that 12 different putters. He has always seemed to be looking for that "magic wand". From what I have observed in playing with him since he started putting with "Betty" he has found it. I have not seen the struggles with the short putts, I have not seen the total mishits nor have I witnessed any extremely long or short lag putts from long distances. I honestly don't recall seeing him 3 putt any with it. I am excited for my buddy in that I truly believe he has finally found that flat stick that he has been seeking.

Keep up the good work my friend, I know you will be keeping this one in the bag for a long, long time.

Thanks Randy and yea the Queen Bee is a keeper !

Cleveland

I took some interesting videos today and I hope I can get them loaded tonight. The videos show the effects of the ball coming off a center strike, heel strike, & toe strike from 10, 15, & 20 foot.  The 10 foot putts were flat, The 15 foot putts were uphill, & the 20 foot putts had a right to left break.  Stay tuned folks as this will be a fun ride!  Oh and for my buddy STUDque I attempted some high/low on the face putts at the end. ;) 

Cleveland

Let's get some star wipes in those videos!

I have two of them up now in my stage 3 thread. It's taking a long time to down load and edit my thread tonight

Edit:

Well dayuuummmm they were up! checked again and they're gone. I'm tired and checking out for the night. Maybe they will show back up in the a.m.

Monday a.m. - Well they just showed back up and I didn't change anything . Check out my videos in stage 3

Cleveland

Well more positive today after adding a faint sight line to the top of the Bettinardi B9

Don`t get me wrong I have used this putter to shoot my best in competition rounds but just something was a miss with me.

I play quite a bit of golf with a professional golfer, not a tour pro but a very good knowledgeable pro.

He noticed I lined up out of the toe or more towards the toe.

Now having the sight line on the front top edge of the putting face reminds me to line up the sweet spot.

It`s like having another new putter yet again.

As for my review, I think I will have to edit a few things and perhaps follow the points system and add the rest of my photos and stuff.

The thing is it`s peak competition season here and I have been playing in the presidents match play knock out and I`m through to the semi finals.

So with all the playing practicing, I have struggled with time.

Had A real evenings golfing tonight and bagged me a hole in one on the 6th hole 155 yards into a head wind....6 iron and boom!!!

photo to follow!!!

IMG_20170828_172711.jpg

:callaway-small: rouge subzero Fujikura Evo 2 shaft

:titelist-small:  F2  3 wood Mitsubishi rayon 

:titelist-small:  818.21 hybrid Even flow black

Ben Hogan irons apex 4 shafts 

:mizuno-small: S18 wedges 50/54/58

:titelist-small:  Cameron and Crown M1

Nice job on the Hi1!! That's awesome man

Can you share a pic of this extra line you drew?

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Nice job on the Hi1!! That's awesome man

Can you share a pic of this extra line you drew?

Thanks for the praise on the hole in one..photo of me (flat cap) and pro golfer Dan with the Titleist pro v number 7 sat pretty in the hole.

Yes, I will take pictures of putter now and pop it on here.

It`s as the picture shows above.

This just helps me get the ball off the sweet spot

Congrats on the HI1!  Love that Betti- I really want to get my hands on one!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Thanks for the continued updates and pics and videos.

Ole Gray...the video of you putting with it, it sounds great to me. your camera did a good job of picking that up.  Definitely a sound that would please me. 

So happy to hear the results you are having with it.  Looking forward to seeing you roll it next month!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Awesome reviews guys. OG the videos are awesome, great visual addition to the reviews. Reviews like these keep the golf blood flowing. And the community is okay too I guess.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Awesome reviews guys. OG the videos are awesome, great visual addition to the reviews. Reviews like these keep the golf blood flowing. And the community is okay too I guess.

I'll have the video up for the 20 foot putts tonight .

We all appreciate the kind words!

Cleveland

But did you make any?

You need to  go to my stage three and check em out!  ;) 

Cleveland

Yeah that's odd. They didn't show up in the app but look fine in web view. Agree with CG2, really great thunk sound at contact and it's great your camera picked it up.

Your voice would be great as a book on tape. Smooth as molasses.

Yeah that's odd. They didn't show up in the app but look fine in web view. Agree with CG2, really great thunk sound at contact and it's great your camera picked it up.

Your voice would be great as a book on tape. Smooth as molasses.

Hey Stud check out the last video in stage 3 as I talk a bit about your high/low face question.

Cleveland

Ha! Nice. Here's my thoughts as you went:

Love the "Betty be good"

That flag stick looked full size and way bigger till you walked up to it.

Wtf!!! He forgot the low hit.

Oh he came back. Nice!

Hitting high on the face seemed to smash the ball.

The sound for all hits sounded the same regardless of face location. How'd they feel?

Ha! Nice. Here's my thoughts as you went:

Love the "Betty be good"

That flag stick looked normal size till you walked up to it.

Wtf!!! He forgot the low hit.

Oh he came back. Nice!

Hitting high on the face seemed to smash the ball.

The sound for all hits sounded the same regardless of face location. How'd they feel?

The low on the face strikes were the flat out unpredictable.  Like a good old topped iron shot it either runs out a mile or you totally whiffed it.

Cleveland

Awesome stuff in the stage 3 review OG.  You knocked it out of the park buddy.  

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Awesome stuff in the stage 3 review OG.  You knocked it out of the park buddy.  

I try to take after my brother from another Mother.   Thanks buddy!

Cleveland

Bumping this thread up in case someone has thought of any questions they would have us answer.  

For me I'm wondering once the testing is complete, if I change the grip to a blue super stroke will it change the characteristics of my putter. The white stock grip is nice however a blue super stroke would look soooooo hawt. I can't help but wonder if my performance will be altered?   

Cleveland

Bumping time so if you are thinking about picking one of these up and have questions, fire away!  

Cleveland

Betty had to be on her period today as neither one of us could get er done.  Our greens are now faster than a skinny rabbit being chased by a hungry fox . My distance control was off and not even Betty could save my gawd awful attempts. I'm looking forward to getting back out there Thursday and making a better effort.  So Betty is not a 100 % lock on zero three putts. :blink:   Today is the first time in a lonnnnnng time that I had a couple of those rascals show up.

Cleveland

Betty was back in form today as I raked in three birds with sweet thang :wub: 

Bumping this up for those who may have questions unanswered......

Cleveland

Archived