Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Official Forum Member Review: Bettinardi Putters

How's the rusting situation going?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Absolutely zero issues with rusting.....   Betty is looking good, putting better, and has won my heart completely over.

Thanks for asking Stud!  Folks like you make threads like this more interesting because you take an interest.  Appreciate ya.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stage Three - The Follow Up

Performance at the Practice Green

⦁ The weight of this putter feels perfect in my hands so it's easy both on the practice green and on the course to consistently put the ball in or close to the hole.

⦁ Distance Control – Exceptional job of lagging putts as you can feel the ball come off the face. For me when I can feel the ball it helps me to control my distance much better.

⦁ Alignment – There is a big line in the middle of the putter that begs you to pick a line and stroke down it. I love the line on this putter as it's easy to pick your target and make a good stroke to the hole.

⦁ Forgiveness – When I strike the ball off the toe or heel I lose distance although not to the point where it contributes to more putts per round. I may come up a couple feet short which I'll take all day long.

These videos are tests from 10, 15 & 20 foot. Center, heel, and toe strikes for each distance. I also show how the ball reacts off top and bottom of putter at the end of third video.

Note - videos may not show up on your phone app

First video is from 10 foot.

[/media]

Second video is from 15 foot.

[media]

Third video is from 20 foot.

[media][/media]

Practice Green Score: (9 of 10 points)

Performance on the Course

⦁ Alignment - Once you pick a line and make a decent stroke it either in or very close to the hole. It's very easy to set behind the ball, use the center line on the putter and then let er roll. It's like cruise control on the interstate.

⦁ Distance Control - I've had exceptional distance control with this putter. I'd say without question it is the best I have ever gamed in that category. On course putting is different than my practice area which is flat. We have some severe undulation at our course. Putting down hill is the biggest challenge and although Betty provides me awesome distance control, putts are still hard to judge on slick down hill greens. I've run a few by the hole that were comparable to my Odyssey #7. This putter will not provide magic for you when it comes to fast down hill putts. I haven't seen a putter yet that does that.

⦁ Consistency – This putter is making putting fun which is not something I could say prior to gaming a Bettinardi.

⦁ Performance from short putts, mid range and long range - The one thing that impresses me most about this putter is how it responds from short to mid to long putts. I feel like I can make the majority of putts I step over. It's a feel thing for me and once I had some time gaming it and get that feel off the face down, no putt was going to scare me. Now it's a fun challenge to see how many I can make.

⦁ Strokes gained or loss - I've dropped my average putt count by six strokes! This produces a tremendous amount of confidence which in turn takes stress off the rest of my game.

⦁ This putter exceeded all my expectations and I was a bit skeptical it could. Just because a putter comes with a high price tag doesn't mean it will make you a great putter. You still have to put a good consistent stroke on the ball.

⦁ In comparison with my prior gamer, the Bettinardi not only holds it's own, it goes a step further. Distance control is heads above my Odyssey Works Versa #7. I love my #7 and it will remain in my collection and I'm sure it will occasionally be called off the bench. Betty will be hard to push out of the #1 slot however there will be times when a change will be required. No putter on the market is perfect.

Course Score: (37 of 40 points)

Looks

I'm loving the smaller mallet design. Not too big, not too small, but just right with a slight offset.

attachicon.giftopofbetty.jpg

The graphics are awesome on the Queen B! .

attachicon.gifIMG_2279.JPG

There are so many beautiful putters on the market however in my opinion the Queen B is second to none. It has class all over it from the deep etched white Lampkin grip, thick & luciously padded white headcover and beautifully designed head.

Looks Score: (15 of 15 points)

Sound and Feel

The Queen Bee #9 feels softer than a new born baby's cheeks. No loud obnoxious sound comes from this putter. This is one of many things that impress me about the milled face Bettinardi does so well with. You've heard the term butter used with golf equipment. Well the feel with my Betty is syrupy butter. Hot and melted with the ball oozing off the face in pure delight. Toe and heel mishits are noticeable however very manageable. Not enough distance loss to cause a panic. In fact most misses are good enough to make ya happy. With this said the Bettinardi Queen B #9 putter is at the top of my list when it comes to the sound & feel categories.

If you like heavy feeling putters the Queen B with the jumbo grip gives you plenty of substance (362 grams) for you to have that good solid feel in your hands. It helped me tremendously with my distance control.

Sound and Feel Score: (15 of 15 points)

Likelihood of Purchase

Well prior to testing the Queen B #9 I would not have spent $400.00 on a putter. This is crazy because we spend from $300 to $400+ every few years on drivers. Putters are used far more often than drivers so why not save up and buy a quality putter? After spending some quality time and getting solid results yea I could see myself taking the plunge. You might want to think about throwing down some big bucks on a putter instead of a driver when you're up for a big purchase.

LOP Score: (15 of 20 points)

Conclusion

There will be more information added to my review as my time with this putter continues. Betty will definitely stay in my bag and it would take a huge ticked off Gorilla to grab it out of my hands. In fact he would rather slide down a 100 foot razor blade with alcohol on his arse than take Betty from me. I recommend this putter to all levels and why not treat yourself to some pure honey from the Bee. If not for this testing opportunity I may not have ever went with a Bettinardi. Now I'm a huge fan for several reasons that were mentioned in my review. One thing that I would change on the next generation of this model, is the grip color. The white grip that came with it is bad arse however I'm thinking it might be hard to keep clean. I would love to see a royal blue grip on this putter. Talking about adding some awesomeness to an already stud puppy, I think adding some color would be the ticket. Same goes with the head cover. It's white and imo it needs to be a darker color. Another thing that I would implement would be some sort of finish that repels rust. As you saw in stage two there was a problem with some minor rust spots. Bettinardi's customer service is at the top of any I have ever experienced and they stand behind their products. They sent me a replacement putter within a few days of my reporting the rust issue. Be proactive and keep your putter protected from the elements. I learned this the hard way however I will share this wisdom for potential Betty owners. Get you some gun oil or some sort of protection from the elements. It only takes a minute or two to apply a thin coat to protect your investment.

Shoot me some questions and I will answer asap. More info will be posted in my review as this process continues.

Again thanks to MyGolfSpy and Bettinardi for the opportunity to test this great product!

Check out the Queen B Series at: https://shop.bettinardi.com/bettinardi-queen-b-9-putter-p75.aspx

Total Score: 90

I have always been a fan. Thanks for all the work put into this review. I have already shared with someone I know looking to buy a new putter. Your videos were an added plus, including the nice sound it made. Congrats.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I have always been a fan. Thanks for all the work put into this review. I have already shared with someone I know looking to buy a new putter. Your videos were an added plus, including the nice sound it made. Congrats.

Thank you !

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

I want one!!! Thanks for the great review.

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Here is the putter sight line picture as requested

Divothead. In all the excitement about the putter I forgot to ask about that moo cow background. I hope that's not your dinner table?!?

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Putter MLA Pro Classic

Divothead. In all the excitement about the putter I forgot to ask about that moo cow background. I hope that's not your dinner table?!?

It is the dinner table, yes and it`s a cover for when the children are colouring and doing arty stuff on there. :D  :D  :D  :D

:callaway-small: rouge subzero Fujikura Evo 2 shaft

:titelist-small:  F2  3 wood Mitsubishi rayon 

:titelist-small:  818.21 hybrid Even flow black

Ben Hogan irons apex 4 shafts 

:mizuno-small: S18 wedges 50/54/58

:titelist-small:  Cameron and Crown M1

Stage 3 Reserved

Well folks - the final stage goes as follows;

Will this putter go in my bag? - Probably not - for those who can't understand my reasoning, please read my comments in the other '2' stages.

However,I would you recommend this putter to those who want a top of the range putter that is sweet to look at and will certainly improve your putting stroke and invariably your scores out on the course.

I must say that I always wanted to try the 'Betti' is product and it did not disappoint.

If I had a choice to eliminate 1 feature from the next generation of this model - I would suggest a flatter sole and less of the upright toe.

The feature that I really liked, or features that I would most like to see continued or evolved in future models would be its superior make, quality and overall value for money in a superb product.

Glenmore5

So could you elaborate as to why the high toe hampers your use? I know I'm looking for a more forgiving putter face. Great review.

Thanks

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

You guys are killing these reviews! Ole Gray I'm loving the videos

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Golf Spies Stage two of my review.

The Bettinardi landed Monday and after the unboxing, I got the all clear from her in doors to pop up the golf club to spend an hour (or so) on the putting green.

Well, I did not need telling twice I was off like a scalded cat!!

Firstly holding the putter actually surprised me as I was concerned about the grip, It`s sort of corded and mine is actually a smooth Iomic number.

I soon felt at home with it, The ergonomic shape suited how I take hold of the putter, I was now at ease and eager to see how the ball rolled.

I started out with some 5 footers holing out just sort of building up a bit of confidence and putting a positive stroke on it.

I went right through my usual putting practice session and found that me and the Queen B had become quite nice friends.

The extra mass in the head gave me a lot more reassurance on lag putts of thirty feet or so. MY Kronos putter just left me lacking.

At this point, I decided the Bettinardi Queen B9 was good enough to have a run out in the weekly medal the following day.

I arrived on the first tee and my Playing partners were itching to have a look at this new putter I had won.

Both of them agreed it was a thing of beauty and would like to try it after the competition.

The weather was the usual drabble we have here in the north of England UK.

Very strong winds and scattered showers coming in hard.

I played superbly from tee to green on the front nine shooting 36 and the Bettinardi proving to be worth its salt giving me the confidence to have just 15 putts.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 holes

2 1 2 1 2 1 2 2 2 number of putts.

Again on the back nine I struck the ball very sweetly and having just 13 putts produced a score of 73 gross two over par as the SS was 71 today.

This was down to the harsh weather.

I did have a three putt though on the 13th hole which hurt a little but if anything fired me up to putt better!

10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 holes

1 2 2 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 number of putts

Totalling a round of 28 putts

The Bettinardi Queen B9 assisted me to my first ever Competition win and my lowest competition gross score of 2 over par.

Both my playing partners agreed that the putter was one of the most beautiful they had seen

One of them went on to describe it in a good way as "Pure filth"

I can honestly say I give the putter full marks for its performance.

On the practice green the previous day I found the sound and feel merged together as one giving me fantastic feed back on my putts.

Its soft yet firm in feel and the ball rolls well end over end.

I had previously read about the raised toe and thought this as odd but over those 5 to 10-foot putts, it just inspires confidence.

It kind of eases the squaring of the club face and that only leads to better putts.

I mentioned in my Stage one of the reviews the putter is truly a work of art.

The bee them is worked right throughout the club from the packaging right down to the honey combed putter face.

The CNC machine work is just beautiful even done to the detailing on the hosel.

I do have a bug to bear though the Bettinardi Queen B-9 is a high maintenance chick I`m finding the finish on the club requires a

coat of light oil after each round to keep rust at bay.

My Kronos touch refined Is PVD coated and has been rust free without oil all winter!!

So that's a disappointment.

The head cover is absolutely stunning, the needlework and detailing again surpass Cameron and all the others I have come across.

Now If I was to go out and buy a new Putter, Would I buy a Bettinardi Queen B9 ..........Damn right I would

It`s a thing of pure beauty yet it produces the goods....and another good thing is that every Tom Dick and Harry has not got one!

I did not want to score this putter using Numbers as a guide to its performance.

The Bettinardi is worth more than a number

You either feel it or you don't

You see it and you believe it

You hold it and you hole it

Yes it's that simply............ Go treat yourself

What do you think they could do different on the finish to minimize rust?

​Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

​Official MGS Forum Review by BDubya23

• Accuracy – Are you able to consistently hit your target? As long as I can find the middle of my putter on my shots, the target is easy to hit. The ball comes off soft and has a nice feel to it. But if you do not strike the center, you might be in trouble.
  • Distance Control – How does the club compare to other products strictly from a distance perspective? ​Compared to my current Odyssey O-Works #1, the distance held true with both pieces of equipment. That is until mishits came into play. Mishits on my current gamer, the O-Works, held their speed and did not lose anything when struck off of the heel or the toe. In contrast, the SS8 lost a noticeable amount of distance when compared side by side.​
  • Alignment – Are you able to hit your target line with ease? ​​Just the same as every other blade style putter, you have the one simple line to adjust and aim all your shots with. If you can do it on your current blade, you will not have a problem with this one. There is nothing fancy to the alignment aid. I never really had any problems hitting my intended line.
  • Forgiveness – What happens when you mis-hit the ball? How much distance is lost? Does the ball still hit your line, push, pull? ​To me, mis hitting the ball meant firmer shots. You could feel this in the grip when doing so. As you've seen from pictures, the area to strike the ball does not extend across the entire face of the putter, so this is something you should expect and note before even picking up this putter. Mis hits did end up short, but I did not notice and putts straying off the line too much. There were no major pulls our pushes, and if so, that was all user error.
  • Control – Are you able to make the ball do what you want it to (within the limitations of your own abilities). ​Yes, there is no workability like that of an iron. Like I mentioned in my first bulletin about the middle of the putter, if you can strike it there your ball will go exactly where you want it to.

Practice Green Score: 9 of 10 points

• Accuracy – How well did you hit your target? How is your dispersion and your proximity to the hole? When the game was taken to the course, things became a little more tricky, but still played out well. I did end up having mishits which did not help me get my balls going all the way to the hole. As a result, I was sometimes left with tap in pars or bogeys, which I didn't have a lot of with my other gamer, the O-Works.

• Alignment - Are you still hitting the ball on your intended line? Ball is staying on line when struck in the sweet spot, as you would imagine would happen with any other blade style putter. I never had any issue completely missing my line.

• Distance Control - Are you short? Long? Able to hit your distance repeatedly? Since this is course performance, the nerves are sometimes racing. Therefore, you cannot always be on your "A" game like one the practice green. This leads to some toe and heel strikes, which means significant loss of distance and a really "not-so-sweet" feeling on the hands. You'll know when you don't hit the center, trust me. On the flip side, you'll definitely know when you do hit the center... AHHH FEELS SO GOOD!

• Consistency – Are you hitting putts consistently or all over the place? I'm not spraying putts everywhere, but I'm also not dropping every single dinger. I've made my fair share of "downtown" putts, but I've also missed my fair share. The bright side is that I am consistently hitting them long or short, never left or right.

• Is it lowering your score, keeping the same or costing you strokes? Score remains about the same, the O-Works is tough to beat. But man, the look of the Betti is just mesmerizing.

Course Score: 35 of 40 points

Looks

• General shape: Classic looking blade putter with bold lines and a little bit a curve. We all like some sleek curves, don't we?

• Graphics: MY OH MY! The gray and the blue and the black.. just amazing. My O-Works is a little too much for me with all the red, black, and white.. it's almost distracting. But this SS8 is one of the most gorgeous putters I think I've ever seen. You can tell some fine craftsmanship went in to creating this flatstick.

• Other unique details: The blue Lamkin grip is the icing on the cake. I don't know what it is, but it's the perfect addition. It's not like your traditional putter and the SuperStroke grips they usually come with, which makes it stand out a little bit. I love it.

• How does it come together visually? Imagine the most beautiful women you have ever laid your eyes upon, then translate that to a putter.. that's it. Just a dime piece.

• How does it compare to other products in its category? Blows everything else out of the water. From the grip to the blade to the headcover, it's pure class. Now I'd just like to see the same design except with different color combos.

Looks Score: 15 of 15 points

Sound and Feel

• Is it soft, crisp, dull, clunky? Let me tell you that sweet spot shots are one of the best feelings in the world, and that doesn't change with this putter. It's what some would call... butter. Striking the middle of the putter gives you such a good feeling and makes you wish you could do it every single time. Unfortunately that is sometimes not the case, at least not at my skill level. Heel and toe strikes do make a considerably louder noise and a much, much firmer feel.

• Does it feel consistent across the face, or are mis-hits noticeably pronounced? Like mentioned above, mis-hits feel more clunky that the sweet spot, but that's why it's called the sweet spot. The entire front of the putter does not consist of the face, like some putters do. The heel and toe and have mill, therefore giving you the different sound and feel in those areas.

​

I will add an audio link of me hitting the ball in the sweet spot. The ball being used is a Callaway ChromeSoft. After listening to just the audio, it may seem like the ball has a clunky, sorta tink noise to it, but I can assure you that it is not that pronounced. I just had the mic really close to the ball.

http://picosong.com/vvNZ/

Sound and Feel Score: 12 of 15 points

Likelihood of Purchase

How likely would you be to purchase this product? ​I have always wanted to game a Bettinardi, I love the style and the quality of products that they bring to the table. However, I have never had quite enough dough to splurge on one. This is almost the case as it lies now. I know I spent a little bit of money on my O-Works, but I don't know if I'd be able to shell out $400 for a new putter. That being said, this is most definitely going in the back and kicking my O-Works to the side.

LOP Score: 15 of 20 points

Conclusion

This putter is everything you could ever ask for in looks, and almost in feel. The Studio Stock #8 is nothing shy of a fine piece of art, as you would expect from Bettinardi. The only thing that will slow you down in purchasing this type of flat stick is the price tag. At $400, it is a little on the high side... at least for me. Buuuut, like I just said I will be putting it in the bag. The reason behind this is because I'm a firm believer that you should always game something that looks good to you. Some may argue that that is not a wise decision, but I feel that it brings some sort of confidence to yourself when you know you have a top of the line putter resting in your hands. If money isn't an issue and you love the pure, buttery feel when you hit the sweet spot, this one's for you. It's simple, bold, and even a smidge of flashy all at the same time. Now I truly know what the Bettinardi brand is all about.

​Total Score: 86 of 100

attachicon.gifIMG_9765.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9766.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9764.JPG

So do you believe a less experienced golfer would have issues with a smaller less forgiving sweet spot?

You guys are killing these reviews! Ole Gray I'm loving the videos

Thank ya cuz

Cleveland

It is the dinner table, yes and it`s a cover for when the children are colouring and doing arty stuff on there. :D  :D  :D  :D

Just so long as  the Missus wasn't putting the bone china out on it when guests are over for dinner and cocktails!!!! :rolleyes: :P

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

Stage Three - The Follow Up

⦁ The weight of this putter feels perfect in my hands so it's easy both on the practice green and on the course to consistently put the ball in or close to the hole.

⦁ Distance Control – Exceptional job of lagging putts as you can feel the ball come off the face. For me when I can feel the ball it helps me to control my distance much better.

⦁ Alignment – There is a big line in the middle of the putter that begs you to pick a line and stroke down it. I love the line on this putter as it's easy to pick your target and make a good stroke to the hole.

⦁ Forgiveness – When I strike the ball off the toe or heel I lose distance although not to the point where it contributes to more putts per round. I may come up a couple feet short which I'll take all day long.

These videos are tests from 10, 15 & 20 foot. Center, heel, and toe strikes for each distance. I also show how the ball reacts off top and bottom of putter at the end of third video.

Note - videos may not show up on your phone app

First video is from 10 foot.

[/media]

Second video is from 15 foot.

[media]

Third video is from 20 foot.

[media][/media]

Practice Green Score: (9 of 10 points)

⦁ Alignment - Once you pick a line and make a decent stroke it either in or very close to the hole. It's very easy to set behind the ball, use the center line on the putter and then let er roll. It's like cruise control on the interstate.

⦁ Distance Control - I've had exceptional distance control with this putter. I'd say without question it is the best I have ever gamed in that category. On course putting is different than my practice area which is flat. We have some severe undulation at our course. Putting down hill is the biggest challenge and although Betty provides me awesome distance control, putts are still hard to judge on slick down hill greens. I've run a few by the hole that were comparable to my Odyssey #7. This putter will not provide magic for you when it comes to fast down hill putts. I haven't seen a putter yet that does that.

⦁ Consistency – This putter is making putting fun which is not something I could say prior to gaming a Bettinardi.

⦁ Performance from short putts, mid range and long range - The one thing that impresses me most about this putter is how it responds from short to mid to long putts. I feel like I can make the majority of putts I step over. It's a feel thing for me and once I had some time gaming it and get that feel off the face down, no putt was going to scare me. Now it's a fun challenge to see how many I can make.

⦁ Strokes gained or loss - I've dropped my average putt count by six strokes! This produces a tremendous amount of confidence which in turn takes stress off the rest of my game.

⦁ This putter exceeded all my expectations and I was a bit skeptical it could. Just because a putter comes with a high price tag doesn't mean it will make you a great putter. You still have to put a good consistent stroke on the ball.

⦁ In comparison with my prior gamer, the Bettinardi not only holds it's own, it goes a step further. Distance control is heads above my Odyssey Works Versa #7. I love my #7 and it will remain in my collection and I'm sure it will occasionally be called off the bench. Betty will be hard to push out of the #1 slot however there will be times when a change will be required. No putter on the market is perfect.

Course Score: (37 of 40 points)

Looks

I'm loving the smaller mallet design. Not too big, not too small, but just right with a slight offset.

attachicon.giftopofbetty.jpg

The graphics are awesome on the Queen B! .

attachicon.gifIMG_2279.JPG

There are so many beautiful putters on the market however in my opinion the Queen B is second to none. It has class all over it from the deep etched white Lampkin grip, thick & luciously padded white headcover and beautifully designed head.

Looks Score: (15 of 15 points)

Sound and Feel

The Queen Bee #9 feels softer than a new born baby's cheeks. No loud obnoxious sound comes from this putter. This is one of many things that impress me about the milled face Bettinardi does so well with. You've heard the term butter used with golf equipment. Well the feel with my Betty is syrupy butter. Hot and melted with the ball oozing off the face in pure delight. Toe and heel mishits are noticeable however very manageable. Not enough distance loss to cause a panic. In fact most misses are good enough to make ya happy. With this said the Bettinardi Queen B #9 putter is at the top of my list when it comes to the sound & feel categories.

If you like heavy feeling putters the Queen B with the jumbo grip gives you plenty of substance (362 grams) for you to have that good solid feel in your hands. It helped me tremendously with my distance control.

Sound and Feel Score: (15 of 15 points)

Likelihood of Purchase

Well prior to testing the Queen B #9 I would not have spent $400.00 on a putter. This is crazy because we spend from $300 to $400+ every few years on drivers. Putters are used far more often than drivers so why not save up and buy a quality putter? After spending some quality time and getting solid results yea I could see myself taking the plunge. You might want to think about throwing down some big bucks on a putter instead of a driver when you're up for a big purchase.

LOP Score: (15 of 20 points)

Conclusion

There will be more information added to my review as my time with this putter continues. Betty will definitely stay in my bag and it would take a huge ticked off Gorilla to grab it out of my hands. In fact he would rather slide down a 100 foot razor blade with alcohol on his arse than take Betty from me. I recommend this putter to all levels and why not treat yourself to some pure honey from the Bee. If not for this testing opportunity I may not have ever went with a Bettinardi. Now I'm a huge fan for several reasons that were mentioned in my review. One thing that I would change on the next generation of this model, is the grip color. The white grip that came with it is bad arse however I'm thinking it might be hard to keep clean. I would love to see a royal blue grip on this putter. Talking about adding some awesomeness to an already stud puppy, I think adding some color would be the ticket. Same goes with the head cover. It's white and imo it needs to be a darker color. Another thing that I would implement would be some sort of finish that repels rust. As you saw in stage two there was a problem with some minor rust spots. Bettinardi's customer service is at the top of any I have ever experienced and they stand behind their products. They sent me a replacement putter within a few days of my reporting the rust issue. Be proactive and keep your putter protected from the elements. I learned this the hard way however I will share this wisdom for potential Betty owners. Get you some gun oil or some sort of protection from the elements. It only takes a minute or two to apply a thin coat to protect your investment.

Shoot me some questions and I will answer asap. More info will be posted in my review as this process continues.

Again thanks to MyGolfSpy and Bettinardi for the opportunity to test this great product!

Check out the Queen B Series at: https://shop.bettinardi.com/bettinardi-queen-b-9-putter-p75.aspx

Total Score: 90

I love these evaluations, but  I hate them too, because too many folks are gonna want one, which will help keep the price high.  A bit too pricey for my blood right now, but I will continue to keep an eye out!

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

I love these evaluations, but  I hate them too, because too many folks are gonna want one, which will help keep the price high.  A bit too pricey for my blood right now, but I will continue to keep an eye out!

How many times have we shelled out big bucks for a driver and we use it 14 times or less during a round.  We use a putter more however we won't consider paying what we spend on fancy drivers for premium putters.

Cleveland

Oh I love nothing more than an expensive putter!!

For me they are the most beautiful club in the bag

Agree, but actually shelling out that kind of coin for any stick just makes me cringe.  I picked up my "new Driver" (Callaway Razr Fit Extreme) about three years ago from my instructor, who was a Callaway rep- he never used it and let me have it for a song... so I have not sprung for a triple digit club in recent memory.  a set, yes, but not an individual stick...  course I still remember getting Old Milwaukee 16 ounce 12 packs for $3.99 on Thursday afternoon at Green Hill Liquors in Newark, DE-(the start of our weekend at University of Delaware!!! a LONG time ago!!!) 

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

Bumping this thread up for those who may have questions.  I received several compliments today on how well I've been putting with my Queen B #9!

Cleveland

Bumping up this thread and yus I still love Betty! :wub:  Any questions?

Cleveland

• 1 month later...

I have a boo boo / nick on the top of Betty's face. I have no clue how it happened as I always keep my putter cover on.

IMG_2382.JPG

Other than the nick I am still putting well and happy to report no issues with rusting.

Cleveland

That looks like a manufacturing defect- looks like Bettinardi is having issues not only with rust, but hardness of the putter, and maintaining the finish...  Not good... 

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

That looks like a manufacturing defect- looks like Bettinardi is having issues not only with rust, but hardness of the putter, and maintaining the finish... Not good...

My wife made the same statement you did. She said no way should that putter ding that easy. Sometimes you carry a wedge back to the cart with putter in hand. That's the only way I could imagine it chipped like that although I don't recall the two clubs clicking that hard together .

Cleveland

This pic is a better view

IMG_2390.JPG

Cleveland

Ouch that hurts

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Ouch that hurts

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Depreciation going down huh? ☹️

Cleveland

• 2 weeks later...

Never seen any of my Over 50 Bettinardi's ever have a problem with finish or denting and chipping like that pic. I'd  have to really see it in person but it looks like it took quite a bump along the top line for it too have a finish chip off and leave a ding. Something like another club banging into top line with some type of force. Unlike a forged iron where they are clanging together while walking 18 holes for years at a time clubs get those dings, and yes sometimes the chrome finish can get screwed up. But I haven't seen that with any of my Bettinardi's at all and I've owned easily 50 or more over the last 20 years. I'd take some pics and call or write Bettinardi and talk to them and see what they have to say. They might just help you out.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Never seen any of my Over 50 Bettinardi's ever have a problem with finish or denting and chipping like that pic. I'd  have to really see it in person but it looks like it took quite a bump along the top line for it too have a finish chip off and leave a ding. Something like another club banging into top line with some type of force. Unlike a forged iron where they are clanging together while walking 18 holes for years at a time clubs get those dings, and yes sometimes the chrome finish can get screwed up. But I haven't seen that with any of my Bettinardi's at all and I've owned easily 50 or more over the last 20 years. I'd take some pics and call or write Bettinardi and talk to them and see what they have to say. They might just help you out.

Yea they do have excellent customer service as I've had to return one already due to rust issues.  As I've said earlier, I have no clue when the ding happened and truth be known, I would be a bit embarrassed to ask to return it again.  Being a tester you get to keep the product and this one happens to be an expensive one.  I hate to rattle the cage again. It's a great putter and I have totally enjoyed it. I wish I knew how the damage happened because at least then I could understand it better.

Cleveland

• 1 month later...

Touching base here with an update on the Queen Bee #9.   It's been a few months now and things do change.  My putting is not as solid as it was and I'm pretty sure my mechanics are off.  I'm missing quite a few putts in the 5 - 8 foot range that I was making earlier in my testing. It's funny how you can roll something so darn well and later you wonder what the heck is going on. I did make a 50ish foot putt today for birdie that tied a guy who had one for three foot. You should have seen his face as mine crept into the hole.   Priceless! :D  Maybe I can get my stroke working again so Betty can drain more putts for me..... :unsure:  

Cleveland

Oh no! Get back to practicing brother. One thing I noticed in my putter test is that range is far from automatic. You gotta put that work in

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Oh no! Get back to practicing brother. One thing I noticed in my putter test is that range is far from automatic. You gotta put that work in

I've been working on my regular swing and had it cooking with Crisco today.  I missed a few short putts that would have put me under 80 with the temps in the 40's and 35 mph wind gusts.  I going to blame the missed putts on the wind as it did blow me off balance more than once....  You're right about practicing with the flat stick and that's where a ton of strokes are saved. 

Cleveland

Such a beautiful putter but I hit everything out of the toe with it due to it not having an alinement line.

this left me with inconsistent lags and misses from 10 feet in.

It did not stay in the bag But the one I bought after that just keeps performing.

This is just how having no alinement line affected me over time others might like that look.

Archived