Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

2017 Toney Penna Prototype Irons on EBay

deejaid

Just looking through eBay and came across these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272801043103

2017 Toney Penna Prototype irons. Listing says these are the only set produced for the new Toney Penna company. Specs also say they are Forged Stainless which is interesting.

The seller also has Toney Penna Drivers and wedges available in other auctions. What's interesting is the seller also has a bunch of pens for sale, and if I recall the new owner of the Toney Penna name was in the pen business, so these clubs look to be straight from Toney Penna Golf, at prices less than the website.

I looked at the Toney Penna website and they have no mention of irons at all. They do have a listing for a Penna driver now.

Just passing along for any Spy that might want to have a one-off set of forged irons or a vintage inspired driver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

LOL I saw earlier that you had snuck over somewhere else and gave me a like!!!  Now that post has me very interested since they are forged. Those wedges appear to be forged too. Charley Penna which is Toney's nephew is on and off over on the classic golf and golfers section on WRX. I am a big Penna driver fan I have about 20 Penna Persimmon drivers. I do know this "new" Penna company had came out earlier this year with some cast wedges in fact the heads looked like some Hopkins blanks with Penna on them. I have not seen any in person though. That is really a good buy especially if they are JDM forged.

I remember a while back I got a good chuckle on their web site with their Faux persimmon driver.  I told someone that I had enough examples of the real thing that I did not need a metal faux copy

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

What struck me as odd was that they are forged stainless steel instead of carbon steel. An interesting choice given carbon steel forged irons are more common as carbon is easier to forge than stainless.

Like you said, the wedges look similar to Hopkins and I'm sure the irons are just branded blanks from a forge house somewhere.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

Well, someone snatched them up. Hopefully it was an MGS member and they can give us a little review on them.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

Archived