TESTERS WANTED! ×

Snake Eyes/MacGregor White Putters

Spencer_Spilman

I am a Golfsmith employee and have been for close to 2 and a half years now. I have watched as the Snake Eyes Pro Platinum series evolve. I love the putters, and I have built myself several now. With the craze going on with white putters I got a creative spark in me to sand mine down and paint it white, and its not very good, need a re-do, but thats beside the point. I heard around the store here that the next model of MacGregor putters is to be white, similar to the Kia Ma by TM that the pros are using. A guy in our marketing dept. actually painted a Pro Platinum putter head and it looked awesome, white with a silver fill. Has anyone heard about a new line of MacGregor putters any time soon?

I am a Golfsmith employee and have been for close to 2 and a half years now. I have watched as the Snake Eyes Pro Platinum series evolve. I love the putters, and I have built myself several now. With the craze going on with white putters I got a creative spark in me to sand mine down and paint it white, and its not very good, need a re-do, but thats beside the point. I heard around the store here that the next model of MacGregor putters is to be white, similar to the Kia Ma by TM that the pros are using. A guy in our marketing dept. actually painted a Pro Platinum putter head and it looked awesome, white with a silver fill. Has anyone heard about a new line of MacGregor putters any time soon?

Why aren't those things made in lefty? I don't care what color it is (please don't buy in to fads...), but I think I would buy the 7805 model, if it was in lefty.

Why aren't those things made in lefty? I don't care what color it is (please don't buy in to fads...), but I think I would buy the 7805 model, if it was in lefty.

Thats a good question, because they make the new McGregor models in left hand. They are the same putter with a different name on them. I hope MacGregor takes the 7805 on as theirs because it is a sick putter, I played it for a while

• 3 months later...

It would not be the first time MacGregor made a white putter. Back in the late 60s early 70s they had their version of the bulls eye with a white coating on it caled the "White Fang". Most MacGregor fans like myself would rather forget about it. The white coating was rubberised and the putter had a horrible feel with the balata balls used in those days. The finish did not hold up either after bouncing around in a bag a few rounds the coating would easily peel off and most folks that stuck with them peeled off the coating and used it. I have been looking around the last few years or so to find one to put in my Macgregor collection and have yet to find one with the white coating intact

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

again the white is not for everyone i tried a few in store of course and just couldnt wrap my eyes or wallet around it@@@@@@@@ and the lefty issue is still alive and kicking i see

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

Archived