Most Overlooked Aspect of (Your) Game?

Our Sponsors

I've been wanting a bunker to hit full shots out of myself. There is nowhere to practice hitting 6 iron or 8 iron out of a bunker. How are you supposed to learn when there is nowhere to practice it.

My range only has a high lipped bunker, SW only really. And there isn't even a bunker that remotely compares on the course.

- A.S.

Sent from #nothingfeelslikeamizuno dreamland...

Definitely putting. I give up way too many strokes because I just suck with the flat stick.

Get yourself one of those MLA putters. Those guys testing them seem to be realizing some awesome stroke savings.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Mine is 90 percent mental which is directly related to course management.  I need to focus more on where not to hit the ball and dialing back on trying to drive the ball further than necessary.  

It's difficult practicing being mental; I've spent a lot of time on it, and I'm almost there!!   :unsure:

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Mine is 90 percent mental which is directly related to course management. I need to focus more on where not to hit the ball and dialing back on trying to drive the ball further than necessary.

See for me, it's course management too only I need help in the other direction. I need to be more aggressive more often instead of constantly playing it safe. So often I'll hit an iron off the tee to avoid OB and will end up in a bunker anyway.

Mental swing thought: Just hit the f*ing ball!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Hmmm

Probably ball striking in general-

Some days you're all over it- some days you think you need new clubs.

Making sure your basics are covered on each swing- whatever that means to you.

Alignment, posture and stance, grip, ball placement, tee height, weight transfer, etc

Trying to remain consistant!

• Like 2

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Definitely putting. I give up way too many strokes because I just suck with the flat stick.

It can be pretty surprising how much an hour (or more) spent on the putting green 2 or 3 times a week can improve your overall game too. Used to take a folding chair with me and realx a spell because an hour+ there seems like forever and can be torture until... every putt you face out there is makeable in your mind and in reality. Nothing beats being a good putter and while practicing the short game is vital, knowing your a good putter is priceless.

And Rule No. 1 is that golf really is played between your ears. And practicing from the putting green out, or first, is boring at best but pays huge dividends across the board for the 2-3 hours a week invested.

• Like 2

Very good topic! For me it would definitely be shots 75-15 yards. All others are full swings and feel confident over the all. More recently my chipping has improved simply by playing it simpler and using a 7 iron a lot of the time to take some inconsistency out. However that 10-75 yards still gives me troop. On the range it's okay, pretty consistent and not bad, but on the course it's a different story!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

I'd have to say the most neglected parts of my game are long irons and lag putting. Over the last couple of months I have put more time into both, but it still needs work.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I can solve both problems. For lag putting don't aim at a hole instead aim at the fringe and try to get the ball to roll just onto it.

Replace the long irons with hybrids. :)

• Like 3

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

I can solve both problems. For lag putting don't aim at a hole instead aim at the fringe and try to get the ball to roll just onto it.

Replace the long irons with hybrids. :)

Here here! Spot on mate!

• Like 2

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes