TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cheaters on the LPGA?

Justin66

1 hour ago, Snapjack said:

Well I would think that was the official line but I've placed balls on hills steeper than that. I don't think she ever tried to actually place the ball but I'm not going to beat a dead horse, I was just agreeing with the original posters opinion. And I've never seen it done like that on the PGA Tour.

42 minutes ago, Snapjack said:

I've looked extensively but only highlights, a big nothing burger I guess.

You admitted you probably don’t know the rules and that a rules official was standing right there and yet keep arguing an opinion by the op that’s been proven wrong

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 hours ago, Snapjack said:

At no time did she try and place it where it landed and started rolling. Weirdest drop I've ever seen, never seen it before and no way it was correct. When she dropped it looked like she was bowling, no talk about it on the broadcast which was weird too. How many times have we seen the rules official pointing to where the drop landed and where the ball should be placed by the player?

I will say that as I watched it live, it did look to me like she was giving it the slightest push with her thumb as she placed it, but I chalked it off to how it looked on television. A rules official was right there watching her. I don't believe at all that she would actually push the ball when she placed it down.

I've looked and can't find the tape anywhere so take my opinion with a grain of salt. However if there is n official watching I trust and choose to believe that nothing wrong was done.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

LK ball hit on the hill and rolled into the hazard. So by going up the hill to place the ball she was following her ball path. 
The other Lady’s ball flew into the hazard from the fairway and never hit the ground, I think that’s why she went back to the fairway to hit again.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

18 minutes ago, Miboy62 said:

LK ball hit on the hill and rolled into the hazard. So by going up the hill to place the ball she was following her ball path. 
The other Lady’s ball flew into the hazard from the fairway and never hit the ground, I think that’s why she went back to the fairway to hit again.

It has nothing to do with the balls path.   LK crossed the hazard line and Maguire did not.   When I was watching the replay the thing that I noticed was that Maguire did not appear to drop from knee height (should have backed up and watched again 🙂 )    Lydia took relief from the red staked area and dropped the ball twice and the ball rolled back down the hill into the hazard.   She then attempted to place the ball on the spot it landed a couple of times and the ball started to roll down the hill.  She then started moving the ball to attempt to find a place that the ball would not roll down the hill.  This ended up being about 6 or so feet up the hill from where she originally attempted to place the ball.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

It has nothing to do with the balls path.   LK crossed the hazard line and Maguire did not.   When I was watching the replay the thing that I noticed was that Maguire did not appear to drop from knee height (should have backed up and watched again 🙂 )    Lydia took relief from the red staked area and dropped the ball twice and the ball rolled back down the hill into the hazard.   She then attempted to place the ball on the spot it landed a couple of times and the ball started to roll down the hill.  She then started moving the ball to attempt to find a place that the ball would not roll down the hill.  This ended up being about 6 or so feet up the hill from where she originally attempted to place the ball.  

And if I remember it correctly and it was stated several times on here that a Rules Official was present and did give guidence so IMHO everything is Kosher so to speak as far as I am concerned which means zilch

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

4 hours ago, Snapjack said:

True but where and when was it proven wrong?

In every post that quoted what the rules are and the fact that a rules official was standing right there. Do you think the rules official was on the take? Not to mention as much tv time as she got you have all the rules people behind the scenes that would have caught it 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

5 hours ago, Snapjack said:

True but where and when was it proven wrong?

Are you already a member of this forum under another name? Just asking.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

42 minutes ago, Snapjack said:

No, I've been around mostly reading for years.

If someone anyone could find and clip the video here it may help aid the discussion.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

If someone anyone could find and clip the video here it may help aid the discussion.

Been trying, but it isn't shown in any of the highlight videos.  Hoping a full replay gets posted somewhere since I doubt the Golf Channel will show it again.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just now, cnosil said:

Been trying, but it isn't shown in any of the highlight videos.  Hoping a full replay gets posted somewhere since I doubt the Golf Channel will show it again.  

I went on a search for it this morning and found nothing. Hoping someone has it recorded or something.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

23 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I went on a search for it this morning and found nothing. Hoping someone has it recorded or something.

Here and Reddit are the only places I have seen anyone questioning the drop process and there are no videos posted anywhere showing what she allegedly did wrong.   I am hoping that one of the networks posts it in their replay vault but it may take a few weeks.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2022 at 8:18 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

@DaveP043 the LPGA has posted the full round replay.   

Ko's drop sequence on 14 starts are the 1:10:10 minute mark

I question the legality of Maguire's drop which is shown at 1:08:34.   This isn't knee height.   

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

@DaveP043 the LPGA has posted the full round replay.   

Ko's drop sequence on 14 starts are the 1:10:10 minute mark

I question the legality of Maguire's drop which is shown at 1:08:34.   This isn't knee height.   

I see nothing at all wrong with Ko's sequence.  It doesn't appear that she's "pushing" the ball, she's merely anticipating that its going to roll.  As for Maguire, I agree that her drop appears to be from higher than her knee, far enough that an on-site official might have told her to drop again.  But in this case, I'd refer to this bit of 1.3b(2)

"So long as the player does what can be reasonably expected under the circumstances to make an accurate determination, the player’s reasonable judgment will be accepted even if, after the stroke is made, the determination is shown to be wrong by video evidence or other information."

Dropping the ball from maybe 6 inches higher than knee high would, to me, be acceptable under that guidance in the Rules.  I'd note that nothing has been changed in the 2023 Rules.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia