TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official MyGolfSpy/Cobra Connect Driver Challenge Thread

Just the usual. Moved the weights around and adjusting loft. Love how I can change things and the club still looks the same at set up.

BigTazz

Chicks dig the LONG ball!

Follow me and #TeamLexi

#J_Wurz

#EthanSterlingPrice

#strokerAce

during the #CobraConnectChallenge

Twitter:  @bigtazzGOLF

Instagram: bigtazzgolf

Facebook: steve.rayburn

#PowerToThePlayer  #CobraConnectMGS

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prayers for y'all Texas boys. Truly sad that this type of disaster is even possible. Hits close to home being that we're in South Florida where every time a Hurricane hits, Andrew gets brought up and then it reminds everyone how susceptible we are to the same tragedy. Prayers up!

As far as golf goes, since changing up the set up of my F7+ and getting some more weight in the head (extra 10g), I've started to get my carry numbers back up. Courses are still soft down here so carry is a premium!

I've gone back to my Project X HZRDUS T1100. It's a 75g shaft, 6.5 flex, counter balanced design that helps offset the extra weight in the head.

I've had 2 of my best driving rounds this past week. Distance comes and goes, but accuracy was much improved. Switching my setup made a big difference with that. Accuracy is an overrated stat in my opinion, especially at my course, but Cobra CONNECT/Arccos really makes you focus on your numbers and this has made me out fairways a little higher on my list of prerogatives.

I've got point out and laugh at a couple of my drives. On #7 at my course, short par 5 that is reachable, there's a trick/speed a lot down the right rough line. You can play it down there and cut 10-20 yards off the hole and give yourself a better angle into the green. Well, as you can see from Cobra CONNECT, there's a cart path down that way. 2 days in a row, I smashed path. 🤣🤣

I guess it's a good thing outliers are taken out, in true MGS fashion, or my smart range would be pretty wonky with those included!

I feel more comfortable than week 1 with my Cobra F7+, that's for sure. I'll say for those following along, the F7+ is a great driver. I don't think the ball speeds are there versus some of the other heads but optimal spin/launch #'s will beat 2-3mph more ball speed if the numbers don't line up for you.

I know a good amount of my friends on Instagram have had great success since getting into their F7 or F7+. It should be on your list to try. Especially now with the lower price point.

Here's my stats and those two cart path bombs!! Haha. IMG_3250.PNGIMG_3252.PNG

IMG_3253.PNGIMG_3256.JPGIMG_3255.JPGIMG_3251.PNG

Side bar, got that Bryson DeChambeau "like" on IG!! Hahah!

IMG_3254.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

@BryanGolf

Cobra F7+ w/Project X HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5

Cobra F7 3 Wood w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
TaylorMade M2 5 Wood w/Graphite Design DI 8X
TaylorMade UDI 3 Iron w/Project X HZRDUS Black 105g 6.5
TaylorMade P770 4 Iron, P750 5-PW w/True Temper DGTI X100
TaylorMade Milled Grind SB 54w/DGTI S400
​Titleist Vokey SM6 60* M Grind w/DGTI S400
TaylorMade Spider Tour Blue

Just the usual. Moved the weights around and adjusting loft. Love how I can change things and the club still looks the same at set up.

BigTazz

Follow me and #TeamLexi

#J_Wurz

#EthanSterlingPrice

#strokerAce

Twitter: @bigtazzGOLF

#PowerToThePlayer #CobraConnectMGS

That's one thing I love about it. I had the Cobra Bio Cell before moving onto this and every time you adjusted the loft or changed it to draw bias, the head looked way different. Thinking back on it, it was odd.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Here's my stats and those two cart path bombs!! Haha. attachicon.gifIMG_3250.PNGattachicon.gifIMG_3252.PNG

attachicon.gifIMG_3253.PNGattachicon.gifIMG_3256.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3255.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3251.PNG

attachicon.gifIMG_3254.PNG

Will be interesting to see if anyone will dethrone you of that 375 yarder! 🤣

Will be interesting to see if anyone will dethrone you of that 375 yarder! 🤣

Haha. Hey, I'm disqualifying these two drives from any type of "King of the Challenge" awards.

I'm kind of mad it "dethroned" my actual 340+ yard drives from my Indy vacay!!

Also, in a fit of karma, I hit a punch 9 iron long and short sided myself. Made par. So, I messed up the lucky break.

Learned from my mistake and got up and down for the 4 today!

@BryanGolf

How's everyone liking their F7/F7+ compare to their previous gamer?

Needless to say I'm loving mine! It's a absolute fairway finder for sure.

Sorry I haven't been around much this week, I'm going to end up turning in no stats for the week because of some bastard named Harvey!!

I had to leave my house early Monday morning due to mandatory evacuation orders because of a rising river and massive amounts of rain...51" in my neighborhood alone!

We are still waiting for the river to crest and the evacuation to be lifted so we can go home and find out if we've lost everything.

Needless to say there are zero golf courses open within well over a hundred miles, so I hope my team will forgive me and pick me up this week.

Hit em straight!!

Go Team Rickie!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Needless to say I'm loving mine! It's a absolute fairway finder for sure.

Sorry I haven't been around much this week, I'm going to end up turning in no stats for the week because of some bastard named Harvey!!

I had to leave my house early Monday morning due to mandatory evacuation orders because of a rising river and massive amounts of rain...51" in my neighborhood alone!

We are still waiting for the river to crest and the evacuation to be lifted so we can go home and find out if we've lost everything.

Needless to say there are zero golf courses open within well over a hundred miles, so I hope my team will forgive me and pick me up this week.

Hit em straight!!

Go Team Rickie!

Thoughts are with you, man. Stay safe out there!

Hey gang.... 

Didn't have much time to play this week due to being busy with work and school.

Back to school work for my kids (10 and 13) and move-in time at the University where I work.

I was able to get out and play 18 last weekend at Waverly Oaks.

Below are my stats overall and for my round.  Included the scorecard too.

I posted in this thread about things I like/don't like about this driver so if you want some details look back.

To recap - I have the F7 instead of the plus; it's got a big head; I am pleased being able to get in the fairway or close to it.

(7/9 on my last round!) I can't hit this driver as far as my other drivers; there is nothing 'WOW' that I've found so far about the F7.

Screenshot_20170831-074750.png

waverly_score.jpg

Screenshot_20170831-074804.png

Screenshot_20170831-074807.png

I'm working on making a couple of changes in my swing.

As you can see from my stats my miss is mainly right.

I'm working on turning the club over and trying to get my knuckles down towards the ground at impact.

I tried it at the range and I'm encouraged by the results (as you can see from the videos below)

In lieu of not playing much this week I'm presenting you with some short videos of me practicing.  YAY!!

In the next 2 weeks I plan on playing quite a bit more.

I'll be playing tomorrow (Friday), Monday and next Wednesday - so 54 holes for week 3

I'll be playing at least 36 for week 4 and try to squeeze another 9 or 18 in somewhere.

Hopefully - when it is all said and done - I'll have some good stats for you guys to look over.

Screenshot_20170831-074750.png

Screenshot_20170831-074804.png

Screenshot_20170831-074807.png

waverly_score.jpg

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

How's everyone liking their F7/F7+ compare to their previous gamer?

So far it is neck and neck... the F7 is probably more accurate but I haven't played my gamer in a while.  :)

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

All of my drives from my last round - 7 "blue" and 2 "red"...

I have a tendency to hit off the heel of the club and that's the reason for some of my shorter shots.  But as you can see, even on the mishits the club is pretty forgiving.

Once I made a small change I was able to get a few of them off the middle of the face and get back to my normal distance.

NOTE: comparing my scorecard to the images I don't know why it didn't record my drive on 16; that was probably my best shot of the day!  Tight fairway landing zone and hit it around 250 or so right in the middle.  :(

2.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

10.png

12.png

13.png

15.png

18.png

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

@strokerAce, you mentioned you couldn't hit the F7 as far as your other drivers. About how many yards are you losing with this one?

@strokerAce, you mentioned you couldn't hit the F7 as far as your other drivers. About how many yards are you losing with this one?

Tough to tell... I'd say 5-10 yards at the most.  It's not a significant difference so far.  

I think the outlier is that when I crush it with each of them my gamer goes farther by about 10 yards.

Although - I do have to say - that the F7 is certainly more forgiving on off-center strikes.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

I guess there's one more thing about the contest overall.... on the majority of holes I try to use my Driver every time.

There are some holes where it is just not possible, but, whenever possible I use my driver.

If I wasn't participating in the contest and trying to get as much statistical information as possible to share with the group I might play the holes differently - 3wood, hybrid, etc.

BUT... I want to get as much data loaded into the app as I can before the 4 weeks is up so that you all have some good numbers to go by when considering whether or not it is worth it when considering a new driver.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Prayers for y'all Texas boys. Truly sad that this type of disaster is even possible. Hits close to home being that we're in South Florida where every time a Hurricane hits, Andrew gets brought up and then it reminds everyone how susceptible we are to the same tragedy. Prayers up!

As far as golf goes, since changing up the set up of my F7+ and getting some more weight in the head (extra 10g), I've started to get my carry numbers back up. Courses are still soft down here so carry is a premium!

I've gone back to my Project X HZRDUS T1100. It's a 75g shaft, 6.5 flex, counter balanced design that helps offset the extra weight in the head.

I've had 2 of my best driving rounds this past week. Distance comes and goes, but accuracy was much improved. Switching my setup made a big difference with that. Accuracy is an overrated stat in my opinion, especially at my course, but Cobra CONNECT/Arccos really makes you focus on your numbers and this has made me out fairways a little higher on my list of prerogatives.

I've got point out and laugh at a couple of my drives. On #7 at my course, short par 5 that is reachable, there's a trick/speed a lot down the right rough line. You can play it down there and cut 10-20 yards off the hole and give yourself a better angle into the green. Well, as you can see from Cobra CONNECT, there's a cart path down that way. 2 days in a row, I smashed path.

I guess it's a good thing outliers are taken out, in true MGS fashion, or my smart range would be pretty wonky with those included!

I feel more comfortable than week 1 with my Cobra F7+, that's for sure. I'll say for those following along, the F7+ is a great driver. I don't think the ball speeds are there versus some of the other heads but optimal spin/launch #'s will beat 2-3mph more ball speed if the numbers don't line up for you.

I know a good amount of my friends on Instagram have had great success since getting into their F7 or F7+. It should be on your list to try. Especially now with the lower price point.

Here's my stats and those two cart path bombs!! Haha. attachicon.gifIMG_3250.PNGattachicon.gifIMG_3252.PNG

attachicon.gifIMG_3253.PNGattachicon.gifIMG_3256.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3255.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3251.PNG

attachicon.gifIMG_3254.PNG

Are you "King of the Hole" on almost every par 4 or 5 ??? 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Question for the contestants and anyone else that has this driver.

When I was doing some research on the web I ran across this:

Players will also be able to access exclusive Cobra content within the Arccos Driver app, including product tech videos and golf tips from Cobra coaches and PGA Tour Pros.

https://www.golftipsmag.com/buyers-guide/drivers/buyers-guide-2017-cobra-f7/

Has anyone been able to access any of this "exclusive" content?

I don't see it anywhere in the Android app.  Am I missing something?

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Week two stats are in. Weather wasn't anything near as rough as it was on the coast but still prevented a lot of practice and play, probably didn't help the results when I did play either. So far I'd have to say my impression of the F7+ is plenty long but I have a few consistency issues that I still need to work out if it's gonna take over as my gamer. As always fee free to ask any questions that come to mind. IMG_1872.PNGIMG_1873.PNG

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Are you "King of the Hole" on almost every par 4 or 5 ??? 

LOL.  At my course....yes.  Not a TON of players rockin' Cobra CONNECT or Arccos, though.  I'm also at the course 5 days a week.  

When I click "KING OF THE HOLE" on every hole on my course, it's either me, my buddy Kasey (125+mph SS, games a SLDR still), and this Bobby guy. LOL.  

@BryanGolf

LOL. At my course....yes. Not a TON of players rockin' Cobra CONNECT or Arccos, though. I'm also at the course 5 days a week.

When I click "KING OF THE HOLE" on every hole on my course, it's either me, my buddy Kasey (125+mph SS, games a SLDR still), and this Bobby guy. LOL.

That's awesome...

I'd say you've got the long drive portion wrapped up...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Ok, I am posting my stats for the week, but you'll notice that they are the same stats as last week because Harvey got in my way!!

I want to post stats and meet the a Thursday deadline because I don't want to let my team down in the team part of the challenge and I certainly don't want to ruin my chances at the overall prize at the end.

image2.PNG

Right now I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back on the course, I'm hoping I can find some courses open next week, my home course was hit with 33 inches of rain and a small tornado so it will be closed for quite awhile.

I'm currently waiting for the Brazos River to crest and then recede so I can get back into my home wnd check for damage...right now I am very optimistic after a friend of mine on the local police force sent me a pic by text of my house and the water hasn't reached my house so far!!

GO TEAM RICKIE!!

Question for the contestants and anyone else that has this driver.

When I was doing some research on the web I ran across this:

https://www.golftipsmag.com/buyers-guide/drivers/buyers-guide-2017-cobra-f7/

Has anyone been able to access any of this "exclusive" content?

I don't see it anywhere in the Android app. Am I missing something?

No I haven't seen any of that content, I've looked for it on the IOS app as well.

IMG_1721.JPGIMG_1722.JPG

My week at the Myrtle Beach World Amateur didn't go as hoped. I finished last in my flight. I didn't have much luck with the driver. I don't think it was the drivers fault. Operator error! I have double cross misses going even with my irons. Sorry Team Lexi!

I'm playing so bad I do t even want to finish this challenge right now. Maybe getting back home to MN will help me regroup.

attachicon.gifIMG_1721.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1722.JPG

My week at the Myrtle Beach World Amateur didn't go as hoped. I finished last in my flight. I didn't have much luck with the driver. I don't think it was the drivers fault. Operator error! I have double cross misses going even with my irons. Sorry Team Lexi!

I'm playing so bad I do t even want to finish this challenge right now. Maybe getting back home to MN will help me regroup.

I hate it when the game beats you down to the point you want to throw the clubs in the lake. But stay strong man... Stay strong!

Twitter: @bobbyburdette

Instagram: bobbyburdette

Only got to get out once this past week. Between life/work and weather it's been hard. I drove 9 hours south east today to see my 85 year old grandma and plan on trying to play some here in NC. FLAT LAND! I am looking forward to seeing if my ball flight with this F7+ is different in this air and altitude. Hoping the weather holds up.

This week in the league was so-so. Played well but my swing was out of whack. HIt it well at the range on Sunday but on the course Wednesday I couldn't get my swing speed up enough to get through the ball. Duck hooking like crazy.

Anyway.. Long story short, here are my stats through 8/31.

GO TEAM RICKI!!!!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Twitter: @bobbyburdette

Instagram: bobbyburdette

I always find that I get hot with new clubs during the honeymoon period. Now that you guys are getting close to the end of that, are you still enjoying the driver? Is it still the wonder club it seemed to be when you first got it?

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I always find that I get hot with new clubs during the honeymoon period. Now that you guys are getting close to the end of that, are you still enjoying the driver? Is it still the wonder club it seemed to be when you first got it?

I can respond to this from my side.

I had a 2016 M2. It was Tour Issue and cracking. I went Cobra because I liked the adjustability, the look, and from the one swing I took of my buddy's F7+ back in December, the feel.

I haven't been fit. I haven't optimized/dialed it in. Nothing. I've tried a couple shafts and weight combos and regripped it. That's it.

I hit this the same distance as my M2. Forgiveness might not be there, possibly because I have the weight up front. I truly believe that all of these drivers are all so close.

GET FIT. Haha. I know I said that I haven't but I will. I also have enough knowledge to know what's right and wrong for me. The Cobra F7+ is a real solid driver. Is it the longest? Probably not. Is it the most forgiving? Doubtful. Do I like the way it feels, looks, and performs? Yup! My favorite part is the adjustability. I know they all have it it seems. I just think the F7/F7+ has a really awesome system.

Not to mention it is a GREAT deal right now.

@BryanGolf

Unfortunately for me not so much. It's a good club don't get me wrong, it's very long when you catch it but I'm having some control issues with it that keep creeping back in. Still time to turn it around though.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Unfortunately for me not so much. It's a good club don't get me wrong, it's very long when you catch it but I'm having some control issues with it that keep creeping back in. Still time to turn it around though.

That's so funny to hear multiple sides to the story. I think the official testers mostly commented on how ridiculously straight it is.

Is there a chance you're having issues because you're trying to crank them out there for the challenge?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

attachicon.gifIMG_1721.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1722.JPG

Brave man to attack the world am with the F7. That thing is full of sharks lol

Tomorrow starts a new week for us. It'll get better dude

BigTazz

Follow me and #TeamLexi

#J_Wurz

#EthanSterlingPrice

#strokerAce

Twitter:  @bigtazzGOLF

#PowerToThePlayer  #CobraConnectMGS

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Archived