during the #CobraConnectChallenge

Twitter:  @bigtazzGOLF

Instagram: bigtazzgolf

Facebook: steve.rayburn

#PowerToThePlayer  #CobraConnectMGS

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Boys --

We're half way through and you guys are still killing it!  I know we were supposed to announce the weekly winners on Friday, but the real world and the holiday weekend got in the way, but we're ready announce the weekly prize winners:

For the Cobra Connect Challenge - we're going with BryanGolf - one can only ignore ridiculous length only for so long. Good Gawd man!!!  Oh, and he's an animal on Social Media too!

For the Forum Contributor - we're pleased to present this week's award to TSauer -- dude, thank you for all you do here, and thanks for being a part of this thread!!!

Guys - PM me your ship to info and sizes (hat and shirt) and we'll get it to Cobra. Again, not sure what they'll send out, but I'm sure it'll be something either Rickie or Lexi would wear proudly.

Hey. Hey. HEY!  Thank you MGS/Puma/Cobra!  And HELLLLLLLL YEAH #TeamRickie! 

Congrats TSauer as well!  Thanks for being so involved and following along.  Y'all rock on here. 

Holiday weekend has taken me off the course and it looks like next weekend South Florida might be getting it's own storm in the form of Hurricane Irma.  Hopefully it passes by somehow or weakens so we can continue to rock out down here!!

Enjoy your Labor Day, y'all!!

@BryanGolf

Cobra F7+ w/Project X HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5

Cobra F7 3 Wood w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
TaylorMade M2 5 Wood w/Graphite Design DI 8X
TaylorMade UDI 3 Iron w/Project X HZRDUS Black 105g 6.5
TaylorMade P770 4 Iron, P750 5-PW w/True Temper DGTI X100
TaylorMade Milled Grind SB 54w/DGTI S400
​Titleist Vokey SM6 60* M Grind w/DGTI S400
TaylorMade Spider Tour Blue

P.S.  It's because I was brave enough to wear the joggers and hi-tops, wasn't it???  ;)

@BryanGolf

Hey. Hey. HEY! Thank you MGS/Puma/Cobra! And HELLLLLLLL YEAH #TeamRickie!

Congrats TSauer as well! Thanks for being so involved and following along. Y'all rock on here.

Holiday weekend has taken me off the course and it looks like next weekend South Florida might be getting it's own storm in the form of Hurricane Irma. Hopefully it passes by somehow or weakens so we can continue to rock out down here!!

Enjoy your Labor Day, y'all!!

That would be sweet if you can get out before the hurricane/tropical storm hits and crank some wind-aided drives. 400?????

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

That would be sweet if you can get out before the hurricane/tropical storm hits and crank some wind-aided drives. 400?????

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Hahah.  So savage.  I like it.  If there's no lightning...I'm in!!!!!!!!!

@BryanGolf

Exactly! I like to have clubs that others don't, and there aren't many that have Cobra clubs, especially drivers.

I love my Cobra F6 driver so much that I am tempted to try the fairway wood and I'm not a fairway wood player.

Great job boys! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I love my Cobra F6 driver so much that I am tempted to try the fairway wood and I'm not a fairway wood player.

Great job boys!

I've heard nothing but great things about the F7 models and their baffler technology, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Congrats Bryan and TSauer!!  Great job on both ends.

I was a bit busy late last week and this weekend, so I had to catch up on the thread today.  But man you guys are rocking some long distances with these clubs.  I strongly considered it at the beginning of the season. But will have to give it another look.

Love seeing all the SM activity as well...half my instagram timeline is the CobraConnect challenge!!   Love it!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Today's round was a lil rough. Lot of wind hurt me today but I was able to get #KingOfTheHole on one of my drives. Should have had another but it didn't register on the app.

Love booming this club and telling guys on the tee box all about it lol. 9dbc0ee9dca7120a5ea9e41a7116dca9.jpg26b1ee2be98d3d6cadae6bebdaceb8f8.jpg89c2731d06c21b50b6c21dba7374a42f.jpg

BigTazz

Chicks dig the LONG ball!

Follow me and #TeamLexi

#J_Wurz

#EthanSterlingPrice

#strokerAce

during the #CobraConnectChallenge

Twitter:  @bigtazzGOLF

Instagram: bigtazzgolf

Facebook: steve.rayburn

#PowerToThePlayer  #CobraConnectMGS

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Hurricane Harvey kept me from playing all last week and most of the golf courses in and around Houston received flood damage, my club may not open again for weeks.

So today I spent an hour on the phone looking for a place to play, i finally found a few courses that were open. So I loaded up and drove 45 minutes so I could release some of the stress that the Hurricane caused.

Seems like I picked up right where I left off with the King F7+, hitting 11/14 fairways , 2 misses were by a yard or so and 1 was because I hit it through the fairway...pretty good for a course I've only played once before about 3 years ago.

I managed to hit my longest drive of this competiton and capture 2 "King of the Holes" awards!

I just feel so much confidence with this driver and shaft, I am not afraid to make a nice full release and that's helping hit the ball further and straighter than ever!

Here are my stats from today's round, and yes the 296 was from an elevated tee box downwind...lol.

FullSizeRender.jpg

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Hurricane Harvey kept me from playing all last week and most of the golf courses in and around Houston received flood damage, my club may not open again for weeks.

So today I spent an hour on the phone looking for a place to play, i finally found a few courses that were open. So I loaded up and drove 45 minutes so I could release some of the stress that the Hurricane caused.

Seems like I picked up right where I left off with the King F7+, hitting 11/14 fairways , 2 misses were by a yard or so and 1 was because I hit it through the fairway...pretty good for a course I've only played once before about 3 years ago.

I managed to hit my longest drive of this competiton and capture 2 "King of the Holes" awards!

I just feel so much confidence with this driver and shaft, I am not afraid to make a nice full release and that's helping hit the ball further and straighter than ever!

Here are my stats from today's round, and yes the 296 was from an elevated tee box downwind...lol.

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender.jpg

I would be going crazy not being able to play for that long, haha! Glad you were finally able go get out and hit some. Hopefully your hometown courses will be up and running sooner than later.

Awesome job on the fairways hit AND two King of the Holes, sounds like a successful round!

I would be going crazy not being able to play for that long, haha! Glad you were finally able go get out and hit some. Hopefully your hometown courses will be up and running sooner than later.

Awesome job on the fairways hit AND two King of the Holes, sounds like a successful round!

Yeah it has been driving me crazy!!

Too many courses lost lots of trees and many had feet of water on fairways...it's going to be a long recovery for some of them...I know 1 course that's still underwater a full week later.

Yeah it has been driving me crazy!!

Too many courses lost lots of trees and many had feet of water on fairways...it's going to be a long recovery for some of them...I know 1 course that's still underwater a full week later.

I'm so glad you were able to get a round in TBT - what a traumatic situation down there! I've been to Houston three times and always found the people nice and welcoming! Good job with the driver!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

congratulations to #teamRick and @bryangolf.... if you're not following him on instagram you're missing out.  he's got some great stuff out there.... 

hopefully the weather calms down for everyone so we can finish this thing up right.

good luck in week 3 guys...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Screenshot_20170906-135539.png

Haha... I think I got a good bounce or something on this one.  Thought it wasn't accurate at first but the buddy I was playing with said he'd never seen a shot hit down there before so I suppose it was right.

You'll notice I missed out on the KOH by 1 yard.... it is just not meant to be for me... :(

I do think I've turned the corner a bit on the driver with a minor swing change.

I've played 18 twice and tried to pay 18 today but ended up having to stop at 9 due to thunder & lightning.

My most recent drives:

These were on a course where the wind was howling and seemingly in your face every hole.

I actually hit the ball off the tee pretty well but the wind would just knock it down and out of the sky; a couple of them the wind died down.

These were at a nice private course with pretty narrow fairways on a clear calm day.  I still manage to have those random stinkers but I was pleased with how I hit it.  My partner and I won the front 9 match, pushed the 2nd 9 and won the overall.

295(!)

These were from today on the front 9.  Very humid air out and the rain started coming down hard at the end.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Quick note on the WEIGHT system on the F7/F7+ drivers. Ummm...THEY WORK.

I now have 16g, 12g, 8g, and 2g weights that I've played with. On the front 9 today, I played 16g up front and 8g in the back. Couldn't get the ball to get in the air. Onthe back 9, I switched it to 12g front and 8g back. Much better ball flight. Mid-high flight that was going my normal distances.

Sadly, I hit my buddy's stock 2017 M2 Fuji 65g S flex, twice. The first time it went 303 on a flat traj. About 15 yards further than my F7+ with 16g/8g setup. After switching the weights to 12g/8g, I nutted one into the wind with my F7+. Then I hit his M2. Caught it so low on the face/heel. The 2 balls were right next to each other about 265y off the tee.

Let's talk about that for a second because I'm worried my F7+ isn't setup right and I'm not maximizing my potential.

I also wore a bunch of pineapples on my shirt today. Figured that would lead to at least 6y extra. So, factor that in.

IMG_3526.JPG

@BryanGolf

Nice shirt Bryan! 

I am finally going to get to play this evening. getting 9 in! I haven't been to the range or swung a club since last Wednesday, so this should be interesting. 

I've been toying with playing 2 balls tonight. One with the F7+ and one with my "old" M2 just to see if I can feel a difference. I haven't swung the M2 since receiving the F7+. 

I'll report back tonight to see how things went. I was thinking I might crank it up to 10.5 from 9.5 to see what kind of ball flight differences I get. And might take it from the "Draw" setting to standard since I've been hooking it more lately. Maybe my swing has corrected itself? haha. 

#TeamRickie #BeSafeFlorida

Twitter: @bobbyburdette

Instagram: bobbyburdette

Hurricane Harvey has closed most of the courses around including my club so I have had to do lots of calling and lots of driving to find places to unleash the fairway splitting machine that is my Cobra F7+ Driver!

I drove about an hour to get to the course today, first time playing there but it didn't stop me from hitting 13/14 fairways and claiming King of the Hole on 3 holes, including 2 holes back to back!!

Here is a summary of today's round

image1.PNG

image1.PNG

Here is my summary for week 3 of the Cobra Connect Challenge.

With my home course being unplayable for the foreseeable future courtesy of Hurricane Harvey I ended up traveling to some unfamiliar courses to get a couple of rounds in this week.

My Cobra King F7+ was not intimidated at all! Usually my tee game tends to be a little erratic when I play new courses especially on dogleg holes or holes with hazards that are in play off the tee box, but the confidence that I feel with this driver allows me to make a nice free swing without any fears.

I played 2 rounds this week and the F7+ continues to be the straightest driver I have ever hit!

My fairways hit stats continue to be staggering! Over 2 rounds I hit 24/28 fairways including 1 round where I was 13/14 with the only miss going through the fairway on a dogleg left.

But it's not only straight, it's LONG! My average drive has probably increase at least 10 yards since the start of this competition and during my 2 rounds this week I was able to capture 5 King of the Hole awards!

This driver has also improved my scoring substantially, the 81 I carded yesterday was my best round in over a year and I attribute the lower scores directly to eliminating penalties off the tee and having shorter clubs in my hand for approach shots.

During this competition I am hitting a mind blowing 82.8% of the fairways, it feels like a dream and I'm hoping I don't wake up anytime soon.

Here are my official stats:

image1.PNG

image2.PNG

Man it's Thursday already. That was a fast week.

TIM YOU'RE GOING NUTS!!!!!

Get your butt in a tournament ASAP!!

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Man it's Thursday already. That was a fast week.

TIM YOU'RE GOING NUTS!!!!!

Get your butt in a tournament ASAP!!

Thanks buddy!

My Men's Golf Association had a tournament scheduled for this weekend, but it's been postponed indefinitely.

Thanks buddy!

My Men's Golf Association had a tournament scheduled for this weekend, but it's been postponed indefinitely.

Tim will be kicking somebody's arse come tournament time!  Snakes bite ya arse hard ;) 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

My stats for week 3.

Reminder: I'm using the Cobra F7 (not plus) with a stiff chrome elements shaft that has been shortened by 1 inch

My fairways hit went down a bit but I seem to have gotten my length back to a more normal distance.

I played 18 twice and 9 holes once.

I'm pleased with the driver.  

First off, I think it looks nice... I like the silver & chrome together.  The headcover is awesome.

Second, once you figure out how to swing the thing (took me 3 weeks :lol: ) then it just plain works.

I can't say that my score has gotten a lot better because I'm having some issues with my irons/wedges but it is nice to see your ball land in the short stuff...I'm confident with my driver now and I have no problem using it on a narrow hole.

BryanGolf mentioned it once already but I'll second his comment - the weights work well - once you figure you're optimal weight options and placement you can really get this thing dialed in.  The only problem is that it only comes stock with 1 twelve gram weight.  If you want any other weights they are 25 dollars each.  That is **outrageous**... these things are the size of a fifty cent piece.  

I'll never be as accurate as Tim nor as long as Bryan but I'm having a good time regardless.   B)

Thanks for following along.

stats1.pngstats2.png

Round 1 (18 holes; fairly windy day...picked out some of my better drives)

round2.png

KB3.pngKB05.pngKB14.pngKB15.png

Round 2 (18 holes; private club in Rhode Island; somewhat narrow fairways; not much wind at all)

round1.png

VCC02.pngVCC07.pngVCC09.png

VCC10.pngVCC11.pngVCC13.pngVCC18.png

Round 3 (9 holes; stopped by rain/lightning on 9th hole; really crappy course; hard to tell where fairway ended/rough began)

round3.png

MG01.pngMG09.png

Oh... and this is what it usually looks like when I "miss" a fairway...

IMG_20170901_091547250.jpg

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Just curious as to what kind of ball flight y'all play? Do you normally play a draw? A fade? Or can you hit whichever you please?

Just curious as to what kind of ball flight y'all play? Do you normally play a draw? A fade? Or can you hit whichever you please?

I'm usually a fairly straight ball hitter with a small fade to the right.  sometimes that fade becomes a push and that's why my misses are mostly to the right.

I have the head set at 9.5D ... that's what the fitter set it to.

I can't confidently shape the ball and - as much as I've tried - I can't draw it with this driver.  In the past I've been able to draw it a bit with other drivers but that's not my normal ball flight anyway so I'm okay with not being able to do it....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Archived