TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official MyGolfSpy/Cobra Connect Driver Challenge Thread

To answer the green in 1 question with a pic, I drove this green and it counted as fairway and got KOTH. Didn't even have to adjust it manually.

attachicon.gifIMG_3834.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

quit playin the par 3 courses !   :P

You need a new set of tees man.... seriously.... that's some DJ stuff there....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's stupid long!!!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Boys, this was some fun stuff! Thank you MyGolfSpy and Cobra/Puma Golf for really coming together with an innovative way to share a great product with everyone! Y'all are the real MVPs!

The F7+ that I have is an absolute player in the driver game. All boxes are checked. Adjustability with weights and loft is key for proper fit. Looks are on point. Feel and sound are up there with the best of them. Performance is right there with the best of them. Where this really wins, and I'd like to think most here will agree, is the price point. All of this for sub $300 should appeal to every golfer looking for a new driver. Oh, I haven't even mentioned that COBRA CONNECT comes standard adding a whole new box that most (ALL) other drivers can't check!

My one and only complaint came in the form of the Lamkin grip that I just can't use down here in South Florida weather. Luckily, Cobra has plenty of grip options to choose from that include COBRA CONNECT. I should've made a better choice when ordering. That's all.

Post CobraCONNECTMGS Challenge, I will continue to use the F7+ until something out performs it. That's how I decide what clubs I play. If it's better than what I currently have, it goes in the bag. I'm going to fidget with shafts and may even hot melt it a little towards the toe to help give a more fade bias and dial in the swingweight, but that's it.

My final stats haven't changed from last week since courses have been shut down pre and post Hurricane Irma. Luckily, I play golf everyday and got a lot of time with the F7+ and Arrcos before the storm.

I did go to my buddy's course today and get a practice sesh in on his Full Swing Golf simulator. I hit 30 drives and feel that they are a really good indication (carry #'s for sure) of how this driver performs on the course for me. Still looking to get those spin numbers down, of course!

#TeamRickie, THANK YOU for rockin' this Challenge with me over the past month or so! It was a ton of fun meeting you all. As a bigger fan of interacting with MGS via social media as opposed to here in the forum, this was fun to get in here and be introduced to all of these passionate spies!

#TeamLexi, thanks for stepping up to the tee box and letting the banter flow! It was nice meeting you!

IMG_3826.JPGIMG_3831.PNGIMG_3832.PNGIMG_3812.JPGIMG_3825.JPGIMG_3742.PNG

That 297, though. The KOTH that got away. :( Haha!

@BryanGolf

Cobra F7+ w/Project X HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5

Cobra F7 3 Wood w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
TaylorMade M2 5 Wood w/Graphite Design DI 8X
TaylorMade UDI 3 Iron w/Project X HZRDUS Black 105g 6.5
TaylorMade P770 4 Iron, P750 5-PW w/True Temper DGTI X100
TaylorMade Milled Grind SB 54w/DGTI S400
​Titleist Vokey SM6 60* M Grind w/DGTI S400
TaylorMade Spider Tour Blue

That's a freaking BOMB. Way to crush anyone else's dreams of getting KOH for that hole.

LOCAL KNOWLEDGE! ;)  I went back home to Indiana and played the course that I grew up playin'.  This hole isn't normally a "driver" hole.  You hit your 175 club short of the ravine and wedge it on.  BUT you can hit bombs and drive the green!

In high school (2000-2003 for me), the ball started going higher and higher thanks to tech.  That changed how I played the hole.  I would hit it high enough to hit it over the trees on the right.  If I hit it straight, I'd have a 20 yard pitch over a bunker, possibly from #5 or #7's tee boxes, where I would make no worse than par.  If I pulled it, it went straight and would find the green.  Probably my favorite hole on the course.  

The day I played, I went straight at it.  Had no reason not to.  It's a touch downhill so that helps get those carry numbers up in order to make the shot worth the risk!  

And there you go.  There's the long explanation to my strategy on that hole that no one asked for.  :D  Hahaha.

@BryanGolf

Just realized that there are still quite a few things to be decided...

• Week 3 winner
  • Week 4 winner
  • Team winner
  • Grand prize winner

Hope we hear soon, the suspense if going to kill me!

GO TEAM LEXI !!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Yep lots of stuff left to be decided...can't wait to find out all the winners!!

TEAM RICKIE FTW!!

IMG_9453.JPG

Final stats after the four weeks! The Cobra Connect challenge was a blast! As I'm sitting at dinner with my very patient wife, I will have to give a more detailed review later! But I like the Cobra a lot for sure. It may replace the M2...

I was considering giving a full blown review of the F7+ and the Cobra Connect feature. But I realized that that's what I've been doing for the past month in all of my previous posts. 

So what I've decided to do instead is just opine about what my final thoughts are about the driver, the software and the competition. 

When I found out I was selected for the competition: 

awesome.gif

Then when I realized what this really meant... 

OHSNAP.gif

The day I got my sweet piece (the F7+) in the mail: 

crying.gif

It was so beautiful... 

The first day I went to the range to use this beast...

wow.gif

Then when I was finally able to take this to the course and use the software on ANDROID I was like...

confused.gif

Because tagging up and making this thing work wasn't really working with my Android phone app. It was glitchy for sure. It would tag up with some drives but not all it wasn't consistent. And my first impressions were: 

disappointed.gif

The app destroyed my battery. Didn't even make it through 9 holes with more than 50% battery at start. 

battery.gif

Then I tried my iPhone since others in the challenge seemed to think things were fine. I can say things were WAY BETTER on the iPhone App. I was all like: 

wowza.gif

So I would have a hard time recommending this app to users with Androids. It will work but at a huge hit to your battery. Make sure you have topped off that thing before going out for your round. 

So once I worked through the technical issues and started really tracking and getting data, I was having a blast with this driver. 

fun.gif

It totally replaced my M2 during the competition. Poor M2.. so lonely just sitting there ... by itself in the corner...

alone.gif

Now 4 weeks later... 70+ drives detected ... 4+ KING OF THE HOLES later.. multiple 300+ drives...  I'm all like

love.gif

So long story short. The Cobra F7 Series of drivers with the Cobra Connect Grips are totally worth it. They are high end and top of the line. 

So whatever happens with the final decision of the winner of this thing... all I know is:

iwon.gif

because I was able to be a part of this amazing challenge. 

To the MGS Crew... the amazing TEAM RICKIE and all the Spy's following this crazy thing.......

thanks.gif

and to "team lexi" 

meh.gif

at least you tried.... 

Twitter: @bobbyburdette

Instagram: bobbyburdette

Boys, this was some fun stuff! Thank you MyGolfSpy and Cobra/Puma Golf for really coming together with an innovative way to share a great product with everyone! Y'all are the real MVPs!

The F7+ that I have is an absolute player in the driver game. All boxes are checked. Adjustability with weights and loft is key for proper fit. Looks are on point. Feel and sound are up there with the best of them. Performance is right there with the best of them. Where this really wins, and I'd like to think most here will agree, is the price point. All of this for sub $300 should appeal to every golfer looking for a new driver. Oh, I haven't even mentioned that COBRA CONNECT comes standard adding a whole new box that most (ALL) other drivers can't check!

My one and only complaint came in the form of the Lamkin grip that I just can't use down here in South Florida weather. Luckily, Cobra has plenty of grip options to choose from that include COBRA CONNECT. I should've made a better choice when ordering. That's all.

Post CobraCONNECTMGS Challenge, I will continue to use the F7+ until something out performs it. That's how I decide what clubs I play. If it's better than what I currently have, it goes in the bag. I'm going to fidget with shafts and may even hot melt it a little towards the toe to help give a more fade bias and dial in the swingweight, but that's it.

My final stats haven't changed from last week since courses have been shut down pre and post Hurricane Irma. Luckily, I play golf everyday and got a lot of time with the F7+ and Arrcos before the storm.

I did go to my buddy's course today and get a practice sesh in on his Full Swing Golf simulator. I hit 30 drives and feel that they are a really good indication (carry #'s for sure) of how this driver performs on the course for me. Still looking to get those spin numbers down, of course!

#TeamRickie, THANK YOU for rockin' this Challenge with me over the past month or so! It was a ton of fun meeting you all. As a bigger fan of interacting with MGS via social media as opposed to here in the forum, this was fun to get in here and be introduced to all of these passionate spies!

#TeamLexi, thanks for stepping up to the tee box and letting the banter flow! It was nice meeting you!

attachicon.gifIMG_3826.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3831.PNGattachicon.gifIMG_3832.PNGattachicon.gifIMG_3812.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3825.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3742.PNG

That 297, though. The KOTH that got away. :( Haha!

hey Bryan how did you find the breakdown of the hole in the app?!

hey Bryan how did you find the breakdown of the hole in the app?!

If you're talking about the King Of The Hole, just go to the hole and click on the KOTH icon! It'll bring it up!

@BryanGolf

dynamite.gifBOOM!  You all killed it we-re-number-one.gif

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Thanks Gray! This was a ton of fun, the competition and the camaraderie among teammates and even the members of the other team was really cool and made this a really special event, and I'm very proud that I was able to be a part it.

I'm on pins and needles waiting to find out all the results!

I was considering giving a full blown review of the F7+ and the Cobra Connect feature. But I realized that that's what I've been doing for the past month in all of my previous posts. 

So what I've decided to do instead is just opine about what my final thoughts are about the driver, the software and the competition. 

When I found out I was selected for the competition: 

attachicon.gifawesome.gif

Then when I realized what this really meant... 

attachicon.gifOHSNAP.gif

The day I got my sweet piece (the F7+) in the mail: 

attachicon.gifcrying.gif

It was so beautiful... 

The first day I went to the range to use this beast...

attachicon.gifwow.gif

Then when I was finally able to take this to the course and use the software on ANDROID I was like...

attachicon.gifconfused.gif

Because tagging up and making this thing work wasn't really working with my Android phone app. It was glitchy for sure. It would tag up with some drives but not all it wasn't consistent. And my first impressions were: 

attachicon.gifdisappointed.gif

The app destroyed my battery. Didn't even make it through 9 holes with more than 50% battery at start. 

attachicon.gifbattery.gif

Then I tried my iPhone since others in the challenge seemed to think things were fine. I can say things were WAY BETTER on the iPhone App. I was all like: 

attachicon.gifwowza.gif

So I would have a hard time recommending this app to users with Androids. It will work but at a huge hit to your battery. Make sure you have topped off that thing before going out for your round. 

So once I worked through the technical issues and started really tracking and getting data, I was having a blast with this driver. 

attachicon.giffun.gif

It totally replaced my M2 during the competition. Poor M2.. so lonely just sitting there ... by itself in the corner...

attachicon.gifalone.gif

Now 4 weeks later... 70+ drives detected ... 4+ KING OF THE HOLES later.. multiple 300+ drives...  I'm all like

attachicon.giflove.gif

So long story short. The Cobra F7 Series of drivers with the Cobra Connect Grips are totally worth it. They are high end and top of the line. 

So whatever happens with the final decision of the winner of this thing... all I know is:

attachicon.gifiwon.gif

because I was able to be a part of this amazing challenge. 

To the MGS Crew... the amazing TEAM RICKIE and all the Spy's following this crazy thing.......

attachicon.gifthanks.gif

and to "team lexi" 

attachicon.gifmeh.gif

at least you tried.... 

Nominated for the best use of GIF's in a thread as Rory would say...."Well, In Like Forever!"

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Ok guys we have a few announcements.

Week 3 winner - strokeAce

Week 4 winner - Big Tazz

Week 3 forum winner - STUDque

Week 4 forum winner - Tsauer

Congrats guys, please send a DM to Golfspy Barbajo with your info.

Also we have a team winner and an overall winner...

Let's give a big congrats ....

To someone on Monday when it will be announced :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Hey...ummm...#TeamRickie. Haha.

Congrats winna winnas!!!

@BryanGolf

Well! This certainly will make things interesting for the overall winners. Nice comeback Team Lexi.

Thanks to the staff for the week 3 forum member nod. Can't wait to start rocking some Cobra/Puma gear!

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Ok guys we have a few announcements.

Week 3 winner - strokeAce

Week 4 winner - Big Tazz

Week 3 forum winner - STUDque

Week 4 forum winner - Tsauer

Congrats guys, please send a DM to Golfspy Barbajo with your info.

Also we have a team winner and an overall winner...

Let's give a big congrats ....

To someone on Monday when it will be announced :)

YEAHHHHH BUDDY!!!

Yahoo...thanks guys...

Out for dinner at the Cracker Barrel with the family and got the message. Super psyched!!

C'mon Team Lexi... let's bring it home!!

IMG_20170916_190353374.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Oh boy, the anticipation!! Can't wait to see the final results.

Congrats to the recent winners, and thanks for choosing me as the week 4 forum winner. This is why MGS = MVP! Gotta also give a huge shoutout to Cobra/Puma for allowing opportunities like this to happen. Y'all are the cat's pajamas 🤙🏻

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Congratulations guys. This was awesome.

And as Adam said, 1c9564d582a57882dc7103b9a9956d8d.jpg

BigTazz

Chicks dig the LONG ball!

Follow me and #TeamLexi

#J_Wurz

#EthanSterlingPrice

#strokerAce

during the #CobraConnectChallenge

Twitter:  @bigtazzGOLF

Instagram: bigtazzgolf

Facebook: steve.rayburn

#PowerToThePlayer  #CobraConnectMGS

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Congrats guys!!!

That sure makes the team and overall competition very interesting!

This #TeamLexi comeback reminds me of my round today....

Partner and I were playing a nassau and were 4 down with 4 to go on the back 9.

Up and down for par from the bunker to take 15

Beautiful flop shot for 1 putt par to take 16

25 foot putt for par to take 17

18th hole and we've got to win it.  Our honors and my partner hit an okay drive but was blocked out by the trees from going for the green.

It was a now-or-never moment with my King F7...

...and the #SilverSlugger came through in the clutch!  Piped one 265 right down the tube and got a few oos and ahhs from the guys!

Managed to put it on and 2 putt to take the hole!

C'mon TeamLexi!  We may be down but we're not out !!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Congrats to the latest winners. Cant wait to see the final results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I liked Rickie's play heading into decision day.  I feel like that was a good sign for #TeamRickie taking victory in the 1st ever Cobra CONNECT Challenge!   ;)  ;)

Plus, those driver off the deck's were LEGIT.

@BryanGolf

I liked Rickie's play heading into decision day. I feel like that was a good sign for #TeamRickie taking victory in the 1st ever Cobra CONNECT Challenge! ;) ;)

Plus, those driver off the deck's were LEGIT.

What he said ^

#TeamRickie FTW

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Twitter: @bobbyburdette

Instagram: bobbyburdette

Team Rickie all the way!!

Lexi said who?

To qoute the great Ricky Bobby, if you ain't first your last.

We only remember winners round here.

Champions get trophies lol

#TeamLexi

dd65faed013f9ee967d6a423c9ac6937.jpgc287857153bdb5916efbaf53a3da8e6f.jpg

BigTazz

Chicks dig the LONG ball!

Follow me and #TeamLexi

#J_Wurz

#EthanSterlingPrice

#strokerAce

during the #CobraConnectChallenge

Twitter:  @bigtazzGOLF

Instagram: bigtazzgolf

Facebook: steve.rayburn

#PowerToThePlayer  #CobraConnectMGS

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Today is the day, boys! Who is excited!?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Archived