GolfSpy Barbajo

Official MyGolfSpy/Cobra Connect Driver Challenge Thread

First official look at stats!

Hope the rest of #TeamRickie is finding some fairways for us!

In all honestly, if I can get my fairways to hit 65%-70%, that will be huge for me. Like I've said before, fairways aren't a premium at my course with trouble on the left on every hole. This challenge, and really Arccos/Cobra CONNECT is pushing me to be better and pick different lines.

It's funny how the app makes you focus more on your shot. That should be a selling point, honestly. Every. Shot. Matters. If you don't focus on what you're trying to do, your stats will show it and probably reflect on your score!

Below are my stats, along with my two biggest bombs. I'll say it again, those of you in the Midwest (can't speak for any other areas) have an advantage with those summer playing conditions! Heavy air down here in Florida costs an easy 10-20 yards off the tee plus the soft conditions.

Then again, I'll take golf 365 days out of the year over Midwest winters! I don't miss that at all! Haha!

Lezzzzzz GO #TeamRickie!

attachicon.gifIMG_2718.PNGattachicon.gifIMG_2719.PNGattachicon.gifIMG_2716.PNGattachicon.gifIMG_2717.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

340 wt beep jason day ish

um i'd like to volunteer for the 2018 Cobra Challenge cause I NEED TO HIT THIS THING

https://mygolfspy.com/2018-cobra-f8-f8-drivers/

Delicious! 

You and me both brotha!

I smell a rematch and I gladly accept!

Bring it, don't sing it lol

:P

#TeamLexi

• Like 1

I hope they bring this back again. Only thing is, even if they do, I'm pretty sure I'll already have the driver by then. Ha

But that's fine, it was a great follow this year and I'd look forward to following it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they bring this back again. Only thing is, even if they do, I'm pretty sure I'll already have the driver by then. Ha

But that's fine, it was a great follow this year and I'd look forward to following it again.

Since they've announced you can get Arccos on the entire F8 lineup...driver, FW, hybrids and irons......maybe there could be an expanded challenge!

• Like 2

Yeah. I may have the F8 irons by then as well

Maybe I can go for the hybrid challenge!!

• Like 1

Well, my Cobra Dream bag is finally complete!

Huge thanks to MyGolfSpy and to Cobra/Puma for the incredibly fun competition! I really hope with the addition of the Arccos sensors to the full F8 lineup that it can be done again even bigger and better!

Thanks to all my Team Rickie teammates and my fellow competitors from Team Lexie for making this such a fun ride!

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Very nice mate.

• Like 1

Love it man. Those are sweet.

Tazz

• Like 1

What an outstanding review thread!! Everyone that participated went above and beyond to keep it entertaining and all the prize winners thoroughly deserved everything they received.

I like the fact that most of the testers are still rocking the F7 drivers, so they must be still as good as when they were new.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Gronny

• By DPattGolf
      I fairly new to interacting in the forums and I'm obviously not as connected in the industry as many of you are but I figured why not post this here and see what everyone thinks. Now this may have been previously mentioned (If so apologize for the double post) but I was getting some question answered by someone at Arccos and they mentioned that they have a new sensor set coming that would essentially open up the availability of Cobra Connect to everyone and not just Cobra users. The set would presumably replace the 14 screw sensors with 13 grips with specialized sensors (likely the same one used by Cobra) and 1 putter screw. Wish I had more solid evidence than just a conversation to share with everyone but its still a really cool possibility that I hope becomes a reality. 
    • By GolfSpy Barbajo
      (5) Testers Announced:
      Cobra Connect Challenge II

The Full Bag Edition

Please read this one carefully gang, as it's a BIGGIE!!! And it's more than just a club review - it's a season long experiment in golf improvement.

Welcome to MyGolfSpy's 2nd annual Cobra Connect Challenge - and we're making it bigger and better than ever.  We're looking for FIVE of you to spend the rest of the golf season with a full bag - yes, a full bag - of Cobra's KING F8 gear equipped with the ARCCOS-powered Cobra Connect System.

We'll outfit you with a complete set of Cobra F8's, from driver, fairway and hybrids to irons and wedges - all customized to your specs - as well as MyGolfSpy's newly crowned Most Wanted Stand Bag, the Cobra Ultralight. Your job? Spend the season with your Cobra gear and use the Cobra Connect system to analyze your game, focus your practice and see how much you can improve.

Year Long Competition

Our 5 testers will spend the season competing against each other for some great prizes provided by Cobra-Puma, and all you have to do is what you'd do anyway - play golf and work to shoot lower scores. 

To start, Cobra will send you a full ARCCOS 360 set for use with your current gamers. You'll spend a month setting a performance baseline, and once you get your new Cobra gear, you'll spend the rest of the year playing, tracking your data and discussing your journey here in the MyGolfSpy Forum and on Social Media. 

This is gonna be, as they say, a hoot!

How To Apply:

This review opportunity is open to any golfer in the U.S. or Canada, so in this thread - please tell us the following:

1. Your first name and home state or province

2. Your current set makeup

3. Your current handicap

4. Your goals for the 2018 golf season

Again, the commitment on your part is to game your new Cobra gear for the remainder of the season and share your journey both here in the MyGolfSpy Forum and on Social Media. 

Good luck to all, and we'll be announcing our 5 testers right here next week!

Thank you to everyone that applied, this was a very tough challenge to narrow it down to just five. If you weren't selected for this testing, you won't have to wait long.  Another great one will be announced in the next couple days!!   We keep it rollin on MGS

Congratulations:  And follow all their progress on the social media outlets below:

Hardcore Looper Follow at FB: mike.eovino Twiter: @meovino IG: hardcorelooper
      Joyzee10
      Fozcycle  Follow at: FB: Foster Atteberry, Twitter: @fozcycle, Instagram: fozcycle
      MDGolfHacker Follow at: FB:MD golf hacker Twitter: @mdgolfhacker IG: mdgolfhacker 
      Reesedw

You all will be receiving a PM very shortly with the next step!   We are confident you're going to knock this challenge out of the park, and we can't wait to follow along with your progress.
    • By GolfSpy Barbajo
      Rickie will be sporting some new kicks at The Open this year. PUMA has created an all-white version of Rickie's favored IGNITE Hi-Top SE golf shoes for the season's third major.

The IGNITE Hi-Tops in white area special edition, available on the PUMA website for $200.

From PUMA:

IGNITE Foam provides energy return and responsive comfort PWRCOOL powered by Outlast® External TPU Heel Support Hi-Top Support Collar Pigskin Lining PWRFRAME Technology Perfect Fit Strap Full-Grain Leather Upper Duoflex improves natural movement and provides necessary support 2 Year Waterproof  
      Built on the TITANTOUR IGNITE foundation and constructed for increased stability, this tour-proven cleat is designed to perform. Featuring IGNITE energy return cushioning and PWRFRAME technology, this Hi-Top is all business on the course. Equipped with premium leather, perforated pig skin lining and a perfect fit velcro strap, this Hi-Top is sure to turn heads on the course.

I have Rickie as one of my favorites this weekend - the lad is due and he loves links golf.  Whaddya think of Rickie's chances at The Open, and whaddya think of those shoes???
    • By GolfSpy Barbajo
      (8) TESTERS WANTED

The Cobra Connect Challenge
      Featuring
      Cobra F7 & F7+ Drivers!

Now don't touch the knobs 'cause I think we're going to have some fun with this one...

Everyone likes to test drivers, right? And throw a little competition into the mix? And prizes, including a boffo Grand Prize?

That beats a weekend in Vegas all day, every day and twice on Sundays!

Well we have what might be the Mother of all Competitions with...

The Cobra Connect Challenge!

TESTERS WANTED!

We're looking for 8 of you to test and keep a custom-built (to your specs!) Cobra F7 or F7+ driver - but that's not the fun part.

The Chosen 8 will take part in a month-and-a-half long competition using the unique Cobra Connect - the unique Arccos-fueled stat tracker built into the grip of every Cobra driver. 

You'll be competing in teams and against each other in areas such as Driving Handicap, Smart Distance, Driving Accuracy, Fairways Hit, Longest Drive and Most Improvement. 

You'll need have some social media skills, too - as prizes will be awarded based on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook interaction, as well.  

Prizes include Cobra-PUMA hats, shirts, shoes and other swag - all leading up to one grand prize -

A full COBRA-PUMA makeover!  

That'll include apparel, shoes and a full bag of custom Cobra equipment - we're talking irons, wedges, hybrids and FW's (it won't include driver because, duh, you'll already have one. And it won't include putter, 'cause Cobra doesn't make one!).

HOW TO APPLY:

As we said, this one's a biggie, so PLEASE follow these instructions to the letter. 

In this thread, tell us:

Your first name & home state or province
      Your current driver/shaft combo
      Your driver swing speed and average distance
      Your Twitter/Facebook/Instagram names
      Your Smart Phone type (iPhone or Android)

We'll announce the testers in this thread early next week. Good luck!!!
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!