Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Callaway x-prototype blade vs ben hogan apex

Rotaspoon

Hey guys I kind of need your help

I got an awesome deal on both ben hogan apex and callaway x proto and i need yor thought on both set

I have read review everywhere i can about both and they all say the same good thing about both

There is no way i can try those close to me

I'm kinda high handicap for blade but im in that school that think its better to learn the hard way

I've started to play with blade 15 year ago but playing gi iron since 10year and i wanna jump back into blade

Which one of those think would give me a better feedback/feel? I can deal with a little less distance

All i want is a good blade with good feel/feedback that look clean at address

The x-proto have fst pro 115shaft and the hogan apex have the apex 4 shaft both in reg flex

Ask your teacher - he or she should know what suits your game best. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

For what it is worth, I would recommend you go to a trusted place and get a fitting.   And, I would look for a game improvement  club that provides the feedback you are seeking (to improve) yet does not punish you on mis-hits.

I loved the Hogan Apex Edge (about 20 year old technology), but wonderful feeling clubs, forged with a small forgiving cavity.  I also played the Callaway XForged about 10 years ago- and as recently as 2 years ago bought the Hogan Ft Worth blades- wonderful sticks, but I was not a consistent enough player to hit them with any semblance of regularity.  I am now gaming the AP2s - wonderful blades with some forgiveness.  I moved to Taylor Made Burner 2.0 - a great set of game improvement sticks that helped me groove a more repeatable swing and enable me to move on to the AP2s

My two cents.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

If you're talking about the Callaway X-Prototypes from several years back, I would go with the Apex.  I had that set and they weren't the easiest things to hit.  If you miss-hit one, you could definitely tell.  I played them for a while and most of the time they were ok, but they made my bad days even worse. 

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Thank for the feedback guys the thing is that im a pretty good striker with 4-pw the problem i'm facing is with my tee shot and with my wood that's why im still high handicap and even so looking toward blades. As for the teacher he suggested me to go toward forged or blades. I got fitted for kbs tour s+ shaft ill prob reshaft them later. I'm just looking for which of the two will give me better feel/feedback

then go with the Hogans- they are great clubs, and if you are jones'n for new, Hogan is offering a great price on the Ft Worth blades.  TK wedges are awesome, too. 

If it is the older Hogan Apex Pro or Apex Edge, again, go with the Hogans.  Some time ago, Callaway bought Hogan to use their design while still marketing the Hogan brand.  They later sold the company back to Terry Kohler, and it has been through several reincarnations, but their quality and feel are unbeatable, IMHO.

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

It may not matter to you but the very last model of Hogan Apex that was sold have now non-conforming grooves. 

I have always been a Hogan fan and would normally recommend them, however, I am with those who say you should talk it over with a professional.  You may not change your mind, but you will have a better idea of what the ramifications of your decision are.

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

Archived