TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Pro Ads

Rickp

It seems that last few years Tour Pros have quite a few Advertisements on their hats, shirts & bags. Hats & bag ads have been around forever but the shirts have a lot more. I counted 8 ads maybe 9 on one Pros shirt. OK their making a living pushing their sponsors and it's a business but I hope they don't get to look like NASCAR drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

LOL I have been saying the same thing about them looking like NASCAR drivers the last couple of years but then again some of the professional fishermen look the same way. The one logo I hate is the giant Penguin on the Munsingwear Tour Shirts looks stupid to me but I see why they do it. I was always a big Munsingwear fan because the old man was a dealer and I had plenty of that stuff growing up. Now days I could give two hoots less what brand is on a shirt I wear

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I don't mind it. It's a way for guys to afford travel and such if they're struggling.

You notice the better players don't wear much signage because they're getting plenty of dough from winnings and their main sponsors.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I don't mind it. It's a way for guys to afford travel and such if they're struggling.

You notice the better players don't wear much signage because they're getting plenty of dough from winnings and their main sponsors.

Never really paid attention who advertises what until I saw a few minutes of Wyndham today and a couple of players had a lot of print on them.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Hey man, it's real estate for advertising. I'm not gonna judge them, if I was trying to make it as a tour pro I'd welcome whatever advertising I could to cover my costs. I'd feel no shame about what was on my shirt as long as it was something I'd feel comfortable with kids seeing.

If I had my choice I'd go with:

1. OnCore Golf Balls

2. Sketchers

3. Whole foods market

4. Meijer

5. Ikea

6. General Motors

7. Hanes

8. Oakley

9. Apt 9 Clothes

Sent from my LGLS992 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hey man, it's real estate for advertising. I'm not gonna judge them, if I was trying to make it as a tour pro I'd welcome whatever advertising I could to cover my costs. I'd feel no shame about what was on my shirt as long as it was something I'd feel comfortable with kids seeing.

1. OnCore Golf Balls

2. Sketchers

3. Whole foods market

4. Meijer

5. Ikea

6. General Motors

7. Hanes

8. Oakley

9. Apt 9 Clothes

Lol what a list. You'd look like a Sprint Cup car out there. From what I've seen, the ads are usually golf or financial investment related.

Can't wait to see someone rocking a Wal-Mart hat on tour!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

1. OnCore Golf Balls

2. Sketchers

3. Whole foods market

4. Meijer

5. Ikea

6. General Motors

7. Hanes

8. Oakley

9. Apt 9 Clothes

WalMart & Amazon

Rick

Left Hand, 

WalMart & Amazon

I think it is J B Holmes that rocks a Ben Hogan apparel shirt which is a Wal Mart Brand. Heard on the news the other day in the Forbes list of athletes that Mickelson is the highest paid golfer and they take into account endorsements etc. He only made 48 million last year. I think Speith only made 38 million last year. Believe it or not according to what I heard the highest two paid atheletes were soccer players I never have heard of. 

Me I would rock the Bank of Salome and the Rio Grande Short Haul Trucking shirt all the way! And me being the obsistant SOB that I am I would carry my old Macgregor green and white staff bag

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I think it is J B Holmes that rocks a Ben Hogan apparel shirt which is a Wal Mart Brand. Heard on the news the other day in the Forbes list of athletes that Mickelson is the highest paid golfer and they take into account endorsements etc. He only made 48 million last year. I think Speith only made 38 million last year. Believe it or not according to what I heard the highest two paid atheletes were soccer players I never have heard of. 

Me I would rock the Bank of Salome and the Rio Grande Short Haul Trucking shirt all the way! And me being the obsistant SOB that I am I would carry my old Macgregor green and white staff bag

Marc Leishman has the Ben Hogan sponsorship

IMG_0128.JPG

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Marc Leishman has the Ben Hogan sponsorship

attachicon.gifIMG_0128.JPG

OK thanks I got that all mixed up-- Chalk it up to a "senior moment"

G

1. OnCore Golf Balls

2. Sketchers

3. Whole foods market

4. Meijer

5. Ikea

6. General Motors

7. Hanes

8. Oakley

9. Apt 9 Clothes

I really like the last part about feeling comfortable with the kids seeing something. Lets me know you have some scruples about you

G

How about;

"Ted's Famous Steamed Cheeseburgers".

Go over well in CT

Rick

Left Hand, 

I really like the last part about feeling comfortable with the kids seeing something. Lets me know you have some scruples about you

I've always believed that any sport which has viewership on main television access that kids can end up seeing should have strict rules about what can be seen. No amount of money could motivate me to allow a company to sponsor me if the name or principles were not family friendly.

I've always believed that any sport which has viewership on main television access that kids can end up seeing should have strict rules about what can be seen. No amount of money could motivate me to allow a company to sponsor me if the name or principles were not family friendly.

I can remember my old man knew the baseball great Ted Williams and he told me even though Ted smoked which was mostly acceptable in those days that he had several offers to endorse Chesterfield cigarettes and he would not do it. He did not want kids picking up the habit. BTW I never met Mr Williams myself

I know this for a fact NASCAR legend Richard Petty never ran a beer sticker on any of the cars he drove and owned. He explained it as "I promised my Mamma that I would never run a beer sticker on any of my cars" One year the late Bobby Hamilton won a pole in a Petty car but was not allowed to run in the year end dash for pole winners because his car did not display a Busch Beer sticker. Bobby stated that it did not make any difference to him and he respected the Petty's policy and he knew about Richard's wishes and policy when he signed to drive for them

G

I can remember my old man knew the baseball great Ted Williams and he told me even though Ted smoked which was mostly acceptable in those days that he had several offers to endorse Chesterfield cigarettes and he would not do it. He did not want kids picking up the habit. BTW I never met Mr Williams myself

I know this for a fact NASCAR legend Richard Petty never ran a beer sticker on any of the cars he drove and owned. He explained it as "I promised my Mamma that I would never run a beer sticker on any of my cars" One year the late Bobby Hamilton won a pole in a Petty car but was not allowed to run in the year end dash for pole winners because his car did not display a Busch Beer sticker. Bobby stated that it did not make any difference to him and he respected the Petty's policy and he knew about Richard's wishes and policy when he signed to drive for them

Great stories, thanks

Rick

Left Hand, 

Archived