Sign in to follow this  
Street11

I got my lie angle adjusted..... Wow.

Absolutely - every one needs to check their lie angles - and as you suggested, so much easier with forged irons 

So - hc can come down to ?????

What ole gray said

I've never heard of a 6* upright lie.

• Like 1

surprised they could bend the clubs 6*;  that is a huge adjustment.

I was thinking the same thing 6* up....Holy snikies!!

• Like 1

That's incredible! But good for you. That's a huge adjustment I've never heard of one more than three degrees.

Hit them well and make us even prouder of you than we already are.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Well guys I'm only 6'2 but well.... honestly I have no idea why I need them that way, but they seem to work. The guys doing the work was like laughing like a mad scientist or something as we kept going back and forth from the bay to hit back to his work station.

• Like 2

Glad you got them fitted for you.  I would play with them for a few months then check the lie angle again.  Adjusting that much, then tendency is for the clubs to head back toward original specs.  Might be off by a couple of degrees.  

• Like 2

Six???  I am only 6'3" and I only need 2, wow!  Glad it's working out for you!  Did they keep you at the same club length?

Are they all close now? Is it 6° through the whole set? Or all the same lie angle?

I really need to do that thing called a fitting. I have really long arms and a short torso. Pretty sure my lie angle needs to go about 2-3° flat on the 3-5 iron. Maybe 1° 6-9.

Could be completely wrong too. Can't wait to move to a more golfer friendly area.

• Like 2

Someone has been reading his Golfing Machine and wants that Zero Shift swing!

Seriously though, 6* is a wild number, but if it's what works it is what it is. Happy for you that you're happy with them.

Most places won't bend a forged club beyond 4*. That's crazy!

One piece grain flow forged Mizunos are the only heads I'd feel comfortable bending more than 3-4*. Without stretching out the bend process over a few days I would be really worried about snapping the plasma weld where the hosel meets the head on typical 2 piece constructions.

• Like 3

One piece grain flow forged Mizunos are the only heads I'd feel comfortable bending more than 3-4*. Without stretching out the bend process over a few days I would be really worried about snapping the plasma weld where the hosel meets the head on typical 2 piece constructions.

Thanks. That's all the justification I need to pick up the MP18 line, when I finish the JPX Testing. Ha

• Like 3

Most places won't bend a forged club beyond 4*. That's crazy!

It does seem crazy. And its great that the fitter went there and you got the awesome results for it. Ive heard of some going up 4 and then having to have that changed later as the better results made better swing changes possible. Which is why having it checked regularly is the way to go for sure. 2 up was kind of the demo day fix that many found worked for a while until more work or practice changed all that. Sets off the shelf are all over the place anyway and the Mizzies have alwasy been closest to off the shelf perfection throughout. These newer sets and the extra wedge especially can be a mess.

Did a lie board or monitor call for this is or was the guy just that good at what he does?

Keep us posted on how these play for you if you would. Could be a big eye opener!

Like others have said. That's seems crazy (not crazy to do, but crazy they were able to bend them that much) but you can't argue with results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The fitters looked at me funny when I had to get three degrees! they must have been ringing people to come and look at you. But in all seriousness, it makes a huge difference to your game to have the right lie angle. My wedges are 2 up and I can actually chip now.