Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Playoffs / Tour Championship

Shankster

Im traditional and like the way golf is as well, but I believe some things need to be changed if they are serious about attracting new fans to the game. Like you said, more match play would be a good start.

It's funny regarding the argument against the modern game of Driver, Wedge, Putter. The PGA and the USGA set limits on equipment size and COR measurements to keep the ball from going too far. Yet at the same time the USGA says that equipment that is too old will not be legal for tournament play??...

Sounds to me like these guys in charge of the USGA, R&A, PGA and all the other governing bodies of golf are major shareholders in TMAG, Callaway, Titleist, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind seeing a skills competition similar to what Big Break had. That would be a fun thing to slide in conjunction with the PGA Championship. Just like the Par 3 contest at the Masters.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Im traditional and like the way golf is as well, but I believe some things need to be changed if they are serious about attracting new fans to the game. Like you said, more match play would be a good start.

It's funny regarding the argument against the modern game of Driver, Wedge, Putter. The PGA and the USGA set limits on equipment size and COR measurements to keep the ball from going too far. Yet at the same time the USGA says that equipment that is too old will not be legal for tournament play??...

Sounds to me like these guys in charge of the USGA, R&A, PGA and all the other governing bodies of golf are major shareholders in TMAG, Callaway, Titleist, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who knows. I'd like to see something different. I could go on for days about how I perceive golf was played in the "glory days" I'd prefer to watch the Seve, Jack, Arnie, Hogan, Jones... craft artful shots.

But I didn't get to see any of that, so I'm comparing old YouTube videos of the classics to modern golf. I much prefer the classics. When a 300+ yard drive was spectacular and not expected.

Either way, my meaningless views on the sport carry no weight besides the space I took up on the server.

- A.S.

Sent from #nothingfeelslikeamizuno dreamland...

How'd I get 2 pages behind this thread lol... Alan I prefer to see different clubs used like you they call Spieth a shorter hitter yet he can carry a drive 290+ that's not short, I understand compared to DJ and Rory he is but that isn't short. I agree Jordan lost it when he was not sure about the club selection on the par 3. I feel like every time he gets on a par 3 over water he subconsciously thinks about 2016.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

How'd I get 2 pages behind this thread lol... Alan I prefer to see different clubs used like you they call Spieth a shorter hitter yet he can carry a drive 290+ that's not short, I understand compared to DJ and Rory he is but that isn't short. I agree Jordan lost it when he was not sure about the club selection on the par 3. I feel like every time he gets on a par 3 over water he subconsciously thinks about 2016.

Yeah. I do the same thing over water. But only on Par 5's. I chunk my 5-6 iron into Davy Jones locker about 99.2% of the time. I feel for Spieth... nah, no I don't.

- A.S.

Yeah. I do the same thing over water. But only on Par 5's. I chunk my 5-6 iron into Davy Jones locker about 99.2% of the time. I feel for Spieth... nah, no I don't.

- A.S.

Jordan crying after his second place finish:

RsI9t.gif

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Who knows. I'd like to see something different. I could go on for days about how I perceive golf was played in the "glory days" I'd prefer to watch the Seve, Jack, Arnie, Hogan, Jones... craft artful shots.

But I didn't get to see any of that, so I'm comparing old YouTube videos of the classics to modern golf. I much prefer the classics. When a 300+ yard drive was spectacular and not expected.

Either way, my meaningless views on the sport carry no weight besides the space I took up on the server.

- A.S.

- A.S.

True that. Cant muster a tear for Spieth.

I figured out why he annoys... He's S_L_O_W. On the clock percentage would be interesting but probably wont tell the real story. Thing is joe 6 pack is gonna take another worthless 5 in the fairway fumblig with the latest radar toy plus 5 more fretting his 15 +- footer. As good as Spieth really is this will be the takeway we get to deal with, or not, trying to get thru the herd...

I played that charity event this past weekend. It was the slowest scramble I've ever played in. For a good cause. But I was waiting so long in between shots I'd start to get stiff. Wasn't Spieths fault but the ole Weiserman, at 8 in the morning.

Player of the year will be interesting if JT doesn't win again and neither does DJ

Spieth wins with three victories one of them a Major.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

As I watch this I keep remembering Trevino and others who have said the year end cut should be 100. That basically there are another 25 guys who plod along and make a good living for years on end while others coming up should get a shot. Trevino said he believed there could be some greats out there who might never get a shot to get ther tour legs under them for the last 25 who hang around forever.

Off topic so Im going DJ. Sweep it for my 2 cents. Right now its Justin Thomas but a Speith win changes that too.

... well. I'll just pull for Rickie till he wins a major.

Hopefully next year it'll be Rickie turn.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Man.. if JT could put together 4 rounds consistently like what he is doing right now... he would be a nightmare for the rest of the fellas out there.

I couldn't agree more. He is one heck of a good golfer. Tomorrow should be an interesting day.

What the heck happened to Rickies wedge game? He looks like a 20 cap out there.

You gotta wonder if some of these guys bother to play or practice in the rain let alone wet conditions.

When I had my own track it was all about good weather golf.

Watching Rickie I was wondering when he would get the Best To Never Win label.

Sergio licked it and Westwood will always be it but of the current crop I wouldnt know.

To me its a 10 win barometer. And Rickie aint there yet, but I expect to see him hold the unwanted title of Best to Never before he gets one.

Man.. if JT could put together 4 rounds consistently like what he is doing right now... he would be a nightmare for the rest of the fellas out there.

Yep, he quit his throw the hips/left side hold the lag/ at it. While he is a cut above with the way he can play and land his FW Woods and long irons. When his caddy said 'he can hit shots other's cant' he wasnt joking. Add in a hot putter?

Kids the real deal and while I didnt think he could manage a change so quick and so well, he did, and Im glad to see it.

- A.S.

Secretly deep down u feel sorry for JS

Rick

Left Hand, 

Sergio licked it and Westwood will always be it but of the current crop I wouldnt know.

To me its a 10 win barometer. And Rickie aint there yet, but I expect to see him hold the unwanted title of Best to Never before he gets one.

Whoa whoa whoa hold your horses. Westwood is a chump and doesn't belong on any list with "best" in the title besides "Best Face for a Halloween Mask."

He's got no guts, no fire, and now that he's older, no raw talent. Sorry for the rant but I can't stand that guy.

Whoa whoa whoa hold your horses. Westwood is a chump and doesn't belong on any list with "best" in the title besides "Best Face for a Halloween Mask."

He's got no guts, no fire, and now that he's older, no raw talent. Sorry for the rant but I can't stand that guy.

Stop holding back!! Tell us how u really feel

I've never been a Westwood guy either.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Yep, he quit his throw the hips/left side hold the lag/ at it. While he is a cut above with the way he can play and land his FW Woods and long irons. When his caddy said 'he can hit shots other's cant' he wasnt joking. Add in a hot putter?

Kids the real deal and while I didnt think he could manage a change so quick and so well, he did, and Im glad to see it.

If he toned down the "brattyness" I would like the kid. Cut throat when he is up, but a little ***** when he is not playing well. Pony up man, take it for what it is and turn the anger into shot making. Not bouncing your driver off a fan in Mexico.

- A.S.

You gotta wonder if some of these guys bother to play or practice in the rain let alone wet conditions.

When I had my own track it was all about good weather golf.

If he would stick to his game plan all the time he would be in the running. (Rickie)

When he plays tactfully he is sharpe. But when he tries to force stuff his game suffers badly.

- A.S.

If he toned down the "brattyness" I would like the kid. Cut throat when he is up, but a little ***** when he is not playing well. Pony up man, take it for what it is and turn the anger into shot making. Not bouncing your driver off a fan in Mexico.

- A.S.

There's a lot of the "brattyness" with this young new group. Right now in hoping its because they are all kids. Hope they outgrow it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Archived