TESTERS WANTED! ×

Toulon Putters

Jiro

Is anyone playing Toulon putters? Thoughts on them?

I have to admit that I haven't payed too much attention to them but I kind of like their naming concept of naming their putters after cities. I just saw the came out with a PDX prototype which has me intrigued.

Does anyone own a Toulon putter model that matches the name of their city? This is a terrible way to pick a putter in principle but if you like to collect them, I have to think having a putter of a city that is connected to you somehow would be a draw.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Have tried out a few of the models,  just didn't do a lot for me to want to actually put one in the bag.  Feel is ok but couldn't knock out my current putter.  I putt with them when I find them at golf stores and when I am on a break during the most wanted testing at MGS headquarters.  

PDX proto seems like it is trying to capitalize on the popularity of Justin Thomas' Scotty and the Day and Johnson Taylor Made Spider.   Not a bad thing,  but the recent success of those putters has made them popular.

I doubt anyone will every name a putter after my city :)   But that isn't unique to the Toulon line.   Cameron's original releases were named after Cities that he lived in and the boutique brand Sunset Beach named their putters after beaches in the Carolinas.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Have not seen to many on the course I play.

I have went on their web site to try and build one.

Could not get past the 2nd page on 4 trys.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I had a Memphis when it was first released. I really liked it a lot. The craftsmanship, the milling the fact it a small family owned/run business.

The only negative for me was the mallet was on the smaller side of what i am used to. So ultimately i moved on from it.

Heres what blew me away. I had met Sean Toulon for the first time at the PGA Show 4 months earlier (jan 2016)

When i went to the show this past January (about 8 months after movong on from the Memphis) i was in the Callaway booth. Sean saw me inmedistely came up and said hello. After a short amount of time, he said to me, I know the Memphis was too small of head for your liking.

Now i had not spoken to Sean since the last show. The fact that he 1) remembered and recognized me was amazing enough in its own right. But the fact he knew my thoughts on the Memphis was mind blowing. He could only have known that from reading comments i had made in the Toulon thread either here or somewhere else. Not negative comments by any means. Just it didn't work for me.

So moving on, he says to ms. You have to see and roll the Indianapolis that will be coming out in a few months.

So he walked me watched me roll it, then introduced me to the one of the lead designers at Callaway for Toulon.

I liked it alot and told him so. But i was blown away by his taking the time and interest in talking to me. When you cant imagine how in demand this mans time is. He has been a major force in the industry for over 30 years, and everyone knows him.

But i tell you. He has "it" and by it i mean the ability to make every person he speaks to feel like they are the most important person he will talk with that day. Im not exaggerating when i say, i think he's a lot like Arnold Palmer in that way.

Back to the putter. I haven't bought it yet as my X7M has been just so good for the last 16 months, im having a hard time letting go.

But i will pick one up at some point for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I have a Toulon Indianapolis that I bought a few weeks back. Build quality is great and premium fit and finish. The shape is a little out of the norm but it works for me. Add to that the great customer service they provide and it is a winning combination. I bought one of the earlier Indy putters that did not have the bead blast done to the top of the aluminum face and Sean corrected it immediately. Sent it out last week and it will be back on Monday.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I had a Memphis when it was first released. I really liked it a lot. The craftsmanship, the milling the fact it a small family owned/run business.

The only negative for me was the mallet was on the smaller side of what i am used to. So ultimately i moved on from it.

Heres what blew me away. I had met Sean Toulon for the first time at the PGA Show 4 months earlier (jan 2016)

When i went to the show this past January (about 8 months after movong on from the Memphis) i was in the Callaway booth. Sean saw me inmedistely came up and said hello. After a short amount of time, he said to me, I know the Memphis was too small of head for your liking.

Now i had not spoken to Sean since the last show. The fact that he 1) remembered and recognized me was amazing enough in its own right. But the fact he knew my thoughts on the Memphis was mind blowing. He could only have known that from reading comments i had made in the Toulon thread either here or somewhere else. Not negative comments by any means. Just it didn't work for me.

So moving on, he says to ms. You have to see and roll the Indianapolis that will be coming out in a few months.

So he walked me watched me roll it, then introduced me to the one of the lead designers at Callaway for Toulon.

I liked it alot and told him so. But i was blown away by his taking the time and interest in talking to me. When you cant imagine how in demand this mans time is. He has been a major force in the industry for over 30 years, and everyone knows him.

But i tell you. He has "it" and by it i mean the ability to make every person he speaks to feel like they are the most important person he will talk with that day. Im not exaggerating when i say, i think he's a lot like Arnold Palmer in that way.

Back to the putter. I haven't bought it yet as my X7M has been just so good for the last 16 months, im having a hard time letting go.

But i will pick one up at some point for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on Sean. See my post in the Callaway customer service thread.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

• 3 weeks later...

To the cities question: I live near Columbus and actually like the shape of the putter however being a lefty put that option out to pasture however the indy is about 3 hrs away and does come in lefty. It look a bit to the wild side but hay, if it works success breeds acceptance.

To meeting Toulon, I met him at the PGA show this year too and you are correct about the "IT". we talk design concepts and what he concentrates on when coming up with the new looks and names. Very cool and cemented my choice about the INDY.

I had a Piretti in the bag and it is a very nice putter to be sure however the INDY in MR model has made more one putts in the latest outing than the piretti has since in the bag.

I am happy with the putter

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

To the cities question: I live near Columbus and actually like the shape of the putter however being a lefty put that option out to pasture however the indy is about 3 hrs away and does come in lefty. It look a bit to the wild side but hay, if it works success breeds acceptance.

To meeting Toulon, I met him at the PGA show this year too and you are correct about the "IT". we talk design concepts and what he concentrates on when coming up with the new looks and names. Very cool and cemented my choice about the INDY.

I had a Piretti in the bag and it is a very nice putter to be sure however the INDY in MR model has made more one putts in the latest outing than the piretti has since in the bag.

I am happy with the putter

I really am anxious to get an Indianapolis in the bag. It may happen next month when I should Have some pretty good commission checks roll in from September.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Memphis and really liked it but the head size was smaller then what I was looking for so I got rid of it. They are great feeling putters.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I have a Toulon Indianapolis that I bought a few weeks back. Build quality is great and premium fit and finish. The shape is a little out of the norm but it works for me. Add to that the great customer service they provide and it is a winning combination. I bought one of the earlier Indy putters that did not have the bead blast done to the top of the aluminum face and Sean corrected it immediately. Sent it out last week and it will be back on Monday.

I really am anxious to get an Indianapolis in the bag. It may happen next month when I should Have some pretty good commission checks roll in from September.

Long shot but let me know if either of you guys don't feel like hanging on to your Indy's.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Long shot but let me know if either of you guys don't feel like hanging on to your Indy's.

I think you know my answer.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

I had the Memphis and really liked it but the head size was smaller then what I was looking for so I got rid of it. They are great feeling putters.[/quote same thing here as you may have read above. But the Indianapolis Is really a size I could get along with.

Carolina- Not sure I could do the Indy although it looks awesome. I wish they made the Memphis just a little larger.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I thought about picking up a Madison but didnt love the price.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Carolina- Not sure I could do the Indy although it looks awesome. I wish they made the Memphis just a little larger.

I currently play a Scotty Cameron X7M so it is very similar in size.

Is anyone playing Toulon putters? Thoughts on them?

I have to admit that I haven't payed too much attention to them but I kind of like their naming concept of naming their putters after cities. I just saw the came out with a PDX prototype which has me intrigued.

Does anyone own a Toulon putter model that matches the name of their city? This is a terrible way to pick a putter in principle but if you like to collect them, I have to think having a putter of a city that is connected to you somehow would be a draw.

I almost walked out with one, it felt pretty good off the center or the face, given the milling pattern. Had a terrible tinny sound on off center hits, just could get along with the models that were available at the time.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

• 3 months later...

Have not seen to many on the course I play.

I have went on their web site to try and build one.

Could not get past the 2nd page on 4 trys.

Same thing for me last summer, the toulon Garage works great now. Looking at a Memphis in Gun Metal finish and shaft. I've rolled some demos at the PGA Superstore and they are incredible. Soft feeling and muted sound and the roll is incredible, even mishits went same distance

Ive edited this post, since Jan 11. I wound up calling Callaway Pre-owned and the sales rep just had received an AR setup Memphis which was at 38 inches. they cut it down to 33 inches , bent it 2 deg flat and I bought it at $275. Goin to change the grip to a SS Mid Slim 2.0 counterbalanced 50 gram. Excited about getting this Memphis. It doesn't have the Gun Metal finish head and black Chrome shaft but I couldn't see spending $700 through the Toulon Garage. I can easily use the silver one just as well

Should be getting it this week.

I wanted a Rochester, but they discontinued it I believe. The milling makes it feel pretty good, but if you hit outside the milling it feels awful!

Build quality is top notch though.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Hi! I have tried a few and currently own the Indianapolis. I've used the #7 odyssey in the past and also carry the o-works #7 custom. The most impressive piece of information regarding the Toulon design putters was regarding shaft length. The weight doesn't change from the 35”-32” putter. So I was able to have a 32.5” putter with the same appealing head weight as the 35”. Great for feel players. Solid face contact, diamond milling and basic alignment tool are great. I also replaced the SS pistol grip for the stock rubber as I didn't need the counter balance option. And shaft angle sits slightly lower ( more anatomically friendly) so I didn't need the lie adjusted . Take a look if you can test a few out.

Just added a Toulon Garage Long Island to the stable. Black finish with a blackout shaft at 35” with the stainless sole weight.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

• 2 weeks later...

And i got to see the Toulon in person when I got home tonight from up north....all I can say is wow. Will post a few pics tomorrow if anyone wants to see them.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

And i got to see the Toulon in person when I got home tonight from up north....all I can say is wow. Will post a few pics tomorrow if anyone wants to see them.

Well if you say wow then yea I think you should show it off a little.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

um... "if?"  You know we do 

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

So I will say this is the first putter I have acquired from the Toulon Garage. I purchased the putter in the secondary market from the person that ordered it and it was delivered to me just as it would have been directly from Toulon.

Cool box for presentation purposes.

Inside the box. A leather pouch with the tool to change sole weights. A few cool stickers and of course the putter.

Another cool little box with the COA, a divot tool and ball marker. The COA is metal and laser etched. Really cool and the best I have ever seen from a putter company. Much better than the paper COAs that I keep in a binder.

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

And now the putter. Toulon Long Island with a blackout shaft, yellow paint full and Lamkin yellow deep etched.

Overall one of the best custom presentations I have seen for a putter and I may own a few of them. Much more than I thought they would do and a little blown away. As for the putter it is just flat out solid feeling and the only change I may make is a lighter sole plate. At close to 370g it is a bit on the heavy side but will not make any changes for a bit. At the end of the day this is a lot more than I would expect from a putter that I picked up for a shade over $500.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Here are the missing pics. My phone keeps crashing with the app so best I can do at the moment.

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

That looks amazing. The COA is really cool.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I'll shamelessly name drop here.

I spent a nice amount of time chatting with Sean and Joe. Sean introduced me to Luke Williams one of their designers as one of the very first Toulon Advocates.

Sean is as down to earth and as genuine person as there is. I'm sure he met with 5,000 people more important than me this week. But he has that ability to make you feel like you are the most important conversation he's going to have that day. I love all the success he's having. Getting one in Sergio hands is something he's very proud of.

I ran into Sean at the Show two years ago when they litteraly had a 5 by 5 foot corner of a friend's booth he borrowed.

He had just launched the company a few months prior and only had 2 or 3 samples at the Show. I had one of the first Memphis to come off production.

I say all this as they have come so far in two years, one year since Callaway acquired them.

He couldn't wait to show me thd XEO Seven as he knew I loved the Indianapolis. I Putted with both several times on a couple different trips there.

Not sure which one I'll end up with, but definitely one of them.

The XEO Seven

IMG_1503.JPG

Here are the missing pics. My phone keeps crashing with the app so best I can do at the moment.

attachicon.gifIMG_0342.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0343.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0344.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0345.JPG

That Toulon looks pretty fantastic! How does it feel compared to, say, a Scotty or Bettinardi?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Just went through and designed one. The cost quickly made it up to $750... I guess a little outside my price range!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Archived