#1 Jiro

Jiro

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members

• 658 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Handicap:23

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

Is anyone playing Toulon putters? Thoughts on them?
I have to admit that I haven't payed too much attention to them but I kind of like their naming concept of naming their putters after cities. I just saw the came out with a PDX prototype which has me intrigued.
Does anyone own a Toulon putter model that matches the name of their city? This is a terrible way to pick a putter in principle but if you like to collect them, I have to think having a putter of a city that is connected to you somehow would be a draw.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G30 SF Tec, 10*, Ping TFC 419D shaft | :srixon-small: Z355 hybrid, 19*, Miyazaki Jinsoku shaft | Miura PP-9003, 4-GW, KBS Tour 90 shafts | :benhogan-small: TK-15, 54*, 58*, 62*, KBS Tour 90 shafts |  :cleveland-small: Huntington Beach Collection #1 Putter | :wilson_staff_small: Duo and Duo Spin Balls

#2 cnosil

cnosil

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationNewport News, VA
  • Handicap:6.2

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

Have tried out a few of the models,  just didn't do a lot for me to want to actually put one in the bag.  Feel is ok but couldn't knock out my current putter.  I putt with them when I find them at golf stores and when I am on a break during the most wanted testing at MGS headquarters.  

PDX proto seems like it is trying to capitalize on the popularity of Justin Thomas' Scotty and the Day and Johnson Taylor Made Spider.   Not a bad thing,  but the recent success of those putters has made them popular.

I doubt anyone will every name a putter after my city :)   But that isn't unique to the Toulon line.   Cameron's original releases were named after Cities that he lived in and the boutique brand Sunset Beach named their putters after beaches in the Carolinas.

Driver:  :srixon-small: Z355 10.5* w/Miyazaki Jinsoku
Fairway: touredge.jpgXCG7 Beta 15* w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrid:  :titelist-small: 816h1 19* set at 18* w/Diamana Blue

Hybrid:  :titelist-small: 915h 21* w/Diamana Blue

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X Hot Pro 5-AW w/Projct X Rifle 6.0

Wedge:  :titelist-small: SM 54-08,  :cleveland-small: 588 58-12
Putter:    :taylormade-small:  TM-180

Soon to be testing the KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype shaft. 

#3 Miboy62

Miboy62

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,632 posts
  • LocationWest Michigan
  • Handicap:10

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:22 PM

Have not seen to many on the course I play.
I have went on their web site to try and build one.
Could not get past the 2nd page on 4 trys.
Driver- Cobra Fly-Z + Blue. Hybrid- Cobra Fly-Z+ blue 16*. Irons- Titleist #2 #5 Irons- Bridgestone J40 CB 6-PW Wedges- Titleist SM6 50*F 54*M 58*M Putter- Odyssey RX Fang Ball B330S

#4 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,075 posts
  • LocationDC Metro
  • Handicap:17

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:24 PM

I had a Memphis when it was first released. I really liked it a lot. The craftsmanship, the milling the fact it a small family owned/run business.

The only negative for me was the mallet was on the smaller side of what i am used to. So ultimately i moved on from it.

Heres what blew me away. I had met Sean Toulon for the first time at the PGA Show 4 months earlier (jan 2016)

When i went to the show this past January (about 8 months after movong on from the Memphis) i was in the Callaway booth. Sean saw me inmedistely came up and said hello. After a short amount of time, he said to me, I know the Memphis was too small of head for your liking.

Now i had not spoken to Sean since the last show. The fact that he 1) remembered and recognized me was amazing enough in its own right. But the fact he knew my thoughts on the Memphis was mind blowing. He could only have known that from reading comments i had made in the Toulon thread either here or somewhere else. Not negative comments by any means. Just it didn't work for me.

So moving on, he says to ms. You have to see and roll the Indianapolis that will be coming out in a few months.

So he walked me watched me roll it, then introduced me to the one of the lead designers at Callaway for Toulon.

I liked it alot and told him so. But i was blown away by his taking the time and interest in talking to me. When you cant imagine how in demand this mans time is. He has been a major force in the industry for over 30 years, and everyone knows him.

But i tell you. He has "it" and by it i mean the ability to make every person he speaks to feel like they are the most important person he will talk with that day. Im not exaggerating when i say, i think he's a lot like Arnold Palmer in that way.

Back to the putter. I haven't bought it yet as my X7M has been just so good for the last 16 months, im having a hard time letting go.

But i will pick one up at some point for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:srixon-small:  Z565 10.5 Miyazaki Mizu R Shaft    :titelist-small:  917 F2 18*  Diamana Red 60g Stiff  :titelist-small: 816 H1 21* and 23* Diamana   :srixon-small: 565 in 5,6 and 7 iron, 765 in the 8,9 and PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Shaft in R flex   :titelist-small: SM6 50.08, 54.08 and 58.12  :cameron-small: X7M   :titelist-small: ProV1X #17

#5 Jmikecpa

Jmikecpa

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • Handicap:+1

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:32 PM

I have a Toulon Indianapolis that I bought a few weeks back. Build quality is great and premium fit and finish. The shape is a little out of the norm but it works for me. Add to that the great customer service they provide and it is a winning combination. I bought one of the earlier Indy putters that did not have the bead blast done to the top of the aluminum face and Sean corrected it immediately. Sent it out last week and it will be back on Monday.

In the Bag

:titelist-small: 917 D3 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 76g

:titelist-small: 917 F2 15* Diamama Blueboard 83x

:benhogan-small: VKTR 19* Aldila NV2K XV Green 85x

:benhogan-small: Ft. Worth 15 Hi 22*,26* & 30* UST Recoil 110 F5

:benhogan-small: Ft. Worth 15 34* - 46* UST Recoil 110 F5

:benhogan-small: TK15 50*, 54* & 58* UST Recoil 110 F5

:cameron-small:  Futura X5r 34"

:titelist-small: ProV1x #45

:benhogan-small: BH-1 Stand Bag

#6 Jmikecpa

Jmikecpa

• Members
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:32 PM

I had a Memphis when it was first released. I really liked it a lot. The craftsmanship, the milling the fact it a small family owned/run business.

The only negative for me was the mallet was on the smaller side of what i am used to. So ultimately i moved on from it.

Heres what blew me away. I had met Sean Toulon for the first time at the PGA Show 4 months earlier (jan 2016)

When i went to the show this past January (about 8 months after movong on from the Memphis) i was in the Callaway booth. Sean saw me inmedistely came up and said hello. After a short amount of time, he said to me, I know the Memphis was too small of head for your liking.

Now i had not spoken to Sean since the last show. The fact that he 1) remembered and recognized me was amazing enough in its own right. But the fact he knew my thoughts on the Memphis was mind blowing. He could only have known that from reading comments i had made in the Toulon thread either here or somewhere else. Not negative comments by any means. Just it didn't work for me.

So moving on, he says to ms. You have to see and roll the Indianapolis that will be coming out in a few months.

So he walked me watched me roll it, then introduced me to the one of the lead designers at Callaway for Toulon.

I liked it alot and told him so. But i was blown away by his taking the time and interest in talking to me. When you cant imagine how in demand this mans time is. He has been a major force in the industry for over 30 years, and everyone knows him.

But i tell you. He has "it" and by it i mean the ability to make every person he speaks to feel like they are the most important person he will talk with that day. Im not exaggerating when i say, i think he's a lot like Arnold Palmer in that way.

Back to the putter. I haven't bought it yet as my X7M has been just so good for the last 16 months, im having a hard time letting go.

But i will pick one up at some point for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on Sean. See my post in the Callaway customer service thread.

In the Bag

#7 McGolf

McGolf

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

To the cities question: I live near Columbus and actually like the shape of the putter however being a lefty put that option out to pasture however the indy is about 3 hrs away and does come in lefty. It look a bit to the wild side but hay, if it works success breeds acceptance.

To meeting Toulon, I met him at the PGA show this year too and you are correct about the "IT". we talk design concepts and what he concentrates on when coming up with the new looks and names. Very cool and cemented my choice about the INDY.

I had a Piretti in the bag and it is a very nice putter to be sure however the INDY in MR model has made more one putts in the latest outing than the piretti has since in the bag.

I am happy with the putter

#8 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

• Members

• 3,075 posts
  • LocationDC Metro

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

To the cities question: I live near Columbus and actually like the shape of the putter however being a lefty put that option out to pasture however the indy is about 3 hrs away and does come in lefty. It look a bit to the wild side but hay, if it works success breeds acceptance.

To meeting Toulon, I met him at the PGA show this year too and you are correct about the "IT". we talk design concepts and what he concentrates on when coming up with the new looks and names. Very cool and cemented my choice about the INDY.

I had a Piretti in the bag and it is a very nice putter to be sure however the INDY in MR model has made more one putts in the latest outing than the piretti has since in the bag.

I am happy with the putter

I really am anxious to get an Indianapolis in the bag. It may happen next month when I should Have some pretty good commission checks roll in from September.

:srixon-small:  Z565 10.5 Miyazaki Mizu R Shaft    :titelist-small:  917 F2 18*  Diamana Red 60g Stiff  :titelist-small: 816 H1 21* and 23* Diamana   :srixon-small: 565 in 5,6 and 7 iron, 765 in the 8,9 and PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Shaft in R flex   :titelist-small: SM6 50.08, 54.08 and 58.12  :cameron-small: X7M   :titelist-small: ProV1X #17

#9 KCLeo12

KCLeo12

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationArlington, Wa
  • Handicap:0.8

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:13 PM

I had the Memphis and really liked it but the head size was smaller then what I was looking for so I got rid of it. They are great feeling putters.

Srixon Z765 9.5* set 1*lower and 1.5* Open Aldila Rogue 125 60X
Srixon F65 13.5* HZRDUS Black 75G 6.5

Srixon U65 18* Modus 130X 2* Flat
Srixon Z765 3 & 4 iron Modus 130X 2* Flat

Srixon Z965 5-P  Modus 130X 2* Flat

Cleveland RX-3 50* V-MG Modus 130X 2* Flat

Cleveland RX-3 54* V-FG Modus 130X 2* Flat

Cleveland RX-3 60* V-FG Modus 130S 2* Flat
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback
Srixon Z-Star XV

#10 chemclub

chemclub

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 471 posts
  • LocationCentral Iowa
  • Handicap:8

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:54 PM

I have a Toulon Indianapolis that I bought a few weeks back. Build quality is great and premium fit and finish. The shape is a little out of the norm but it works for me. Add to that the great customer service they provide and it is a winning combination. I bought one of the earlier Indy putters that did not have the bead blast done to the top of the aluminum face and Sean corrected it immediately. Sent it out last week and it will be back on Monday.

I really am anxious to get an Indianapolis in the bag. It may happen next month when I should Have some pretty good commission checks roll in from September.

Long shot but let me know if either of you guys don't feel like hanging on to your Indy's.

Bag: Bennington Quite Organizer 9-Lite

Driver:  Wishon 919THI, Mitsubishi Fubuki S

Woods:  :mizuno-small: JPX EZ 15*, Fujikura SIX XLR8 Fairway S
Hybrids:  :taylormade-small:  Rescue R11, Aldila RIP 85 gram, 18*
Irons: Miura PP-9003 SN 4-GW (22*-50*), Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: Miura 1957 K-grind SW(55*) LW(60*), Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter:  :ping-small:  Karsten TR ZING 
Ball: Snell MTB

#11 Jmikecpa

Jmikecpa

• Members
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:10 PM

Long shot but let me know if either of you guys don't feel like hanging on to your Indy's.

I think you know my answer.

In the Bag

#12 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

• Members

• 3,075 posts
  • LocationDC Metro

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:01 AM

[quote name="KCLeo12" post="333750" timestamp="1506017605"]I had the Memphis and really liked it but the head size was smaller then what I was looking for so I got rid of it. They are great feeling putters.[/quote same thing here as you may have read above. But the Indianapolis Is really a size I could get along with.

#13 KCLeo12

KCLeo12

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationArlington, Wa
  • Handicap:0.8

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:32 PM

Carolina- Not sure I could do the Indy although it looks awesome. I wish they made the Memphis just a little larger.

Srixon Z765 9.5* set 1*lower and 1.5* Open Aldila Rogue 125 60X
Srixon F65 13.5* HZRDUS Black 75G 6.5

Srixon U65 18* Modus 130X 2* Flat
Srixon Z765 3 & 4 iron Modus 130X 2* Flat

Srixon Z965 5-P  Modus 130X 2* Flat

Cleveland RX-3 50* V-MG Modus 130X 2* Flat

Cleveland RX-3 54* V-FG Modus 130X 2* Flat

Cleveland RX-3 60* V-FG Modus 130S 2* Flat
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback
Srixon Z-Star XV

#14 Der_Dachs

Der_Dachs

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH
  • Handicap:20

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

I thought about picking up a Madison but didnt love the price.

Whats in my Sun Mountain C130 cart bag?:
Woods: Mizuno JPX 850 9.5*, JPX 850 15*
Hybrid: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Irons: Taylormade Rocketballz HL 4-PW
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 50-06, 54-09 and 58-10
Putter: Five Hole Composite w/ One-Timer head
Ball: Taylormade Project (A)

#15 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

• Members

• 3,075 posts
  • LocationDC Metro

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:58 AM

Carolina- Not sure I could do the Indy although it looks awesome. I wish they made the Memphis just a little larger.

I currently play a Scotty Cameron X7M so it is very similar in size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Our Sponsors