TESTERS WANTED! ×

Winn Lamkin or Golf Pride

Just wanted to see what everyone is using on their clubs? What's your flavor? I've been using the New Decade for a while but switched up to the dual durometer. I've been wondering about the Iomic's but they just seem very pricey!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

I've played Lamkin Crosslines on most of my clubs. Occasionally I'll throw on a Winn Grip when I want to increase swingweight. I've never been a fan of cord grips. When the ones I have on now wear out I may switch to the new N-DUR. They're just a tad firmer than the crossline.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I currently like the Lamkin Crossline Tour. I think it's just as good as the Golf Pride Tour Velvet, but at a cheaper price.

In the near future, I may be giving the Iomic Sticky a try.

I use Lamkin because they have durability that is unmatched IMO. I still have some 12 year old Titleist 962's with their original Lamkin wrap cord grips on them that are still very tacky.

One thing to be careful about is when putting a new grip on you should measure the swingweight. That can change dramatically with many grips.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Hands down my favorite grip is the Golf Pride Multi-Compound Cord Grip

I couldn't agree more! If it gets slick, just hit it with some fine sandpaper, and BAM...ready to go again.

dmarshal17

09 TaylorMade Burner Driver 9.5 deg

Adams RPM 3 Wood

09 TaylorMade Rescue #3 19 deg

Callaway X22 irons (3-PW)

Callaway X12 Sand Wedge

Titelist Vokey Wedge (58 deg)

Odyssey White Hot XG#5 Center Shafted

Hey, I'm on Twitter!

I play GP New Decade Multi Compounds on all my clubs. I love them but want to give the Iomic grips a try. Maybe buy them for the wedges to see how they work out.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Ok I know this will put me in the extreme rare minority. I have been testing some Tackimac Non-Tapering grips. They are the same size all the way down the length of the grip. I am really liking how they feel. I like the fact that if I choke down on the club to reduce distance the grip is the same size as in my normal position. I will post more updates on these as the season begins...

boilerron

I have these TM red cap Tour velvets right now that feel incredible. More tacky than Golf Pride tour velvets, dunno why.

Iomics are incredibly durable! Have a white one on my driver, and every time i wash it, it feels almost new again.

Titleist 909D2 | Taylormade r7 Ti | Titleist 909 H 19* | Mizuno MX-300 4-GW - Nippon 1050GH | Vokey SM 56*, 60* | Odyssey Black Series i #9 - UST Frequency Filtered |

I play a lot of Golf and hit many buckets of balls during golf season and in Dallas Texas that is pretty much year round. I have played with Winn PCI Hybrid grips before but they seemed to wear out really quick and loose there tacky. I have heard that Lamkin grips have a reputation for being very durable and golf pride as well does anyone have an opinion on this matter.

I have used the Golf Pride Tour Velvet Full Cord grip since 1996. However, Golf Pride is no longer able to produce the same grip. The Vendor that makes the cotton Cord is out of business, and now all they can get is the cotton that makes the BCT Cord grips, which I hate. A stunning turn of events for me, as the one thing I never had to worry about on my sticks was what grip to install. So I have been trying some new grips for the last 6 months, and my favorite so far had been the Tacki Mak Itomic. I know, call me crazy, but this grip seems like the real deal. Nice tacky feel, good in the weather, but durable, and comes in 4 fashionable colors. And the best part is the price. My local shop has them for $3.50 each. Much better than that New Decade for $7.85 that wears out in 2 months. JMHO...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I switched from Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Compound grips to Orange Lamkin Crossline grips mainly for the wild color and I like them just as much.

Driver - Adams 9.5 BTY 4350 with a Graphite Design YS-6 shaft

2 Wood - TaylorMade 200 Steel

Hybrid - Bridgestone J33 18 degree with Aldila NV hybrid shaft

Irons - Mizuno MP60/67 combo (4 & 5 are MP-60) (6-PW are MP-67) with DG-X100

Wedges - MP-R 54 ported / MP-T 60

Putter - TP Mills Professional ONE

• SPY VIP

I just regripped my set with Takimac Itomic grips. Very soft and sticky. Some have had problems with a loss of softness when building them up, but I play with only one wrap and they are great. Red on irons, white on woods. Red does stay cleaner, but a sponge, soap, and water and the whites are bright and sticky. We will see how they wear, but golfsmith had them for $3.50 each so I could burn a couple of sets a season and not hit the price of some of the other grips.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I'm a Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize kind of guy. I like looking at all the fancy colored grips, and some of them feel pretty nice, but when it comes down to it I can put on a set of Tour Velvets in March and not worry about it again until next March (unless I get a lot of play in) and they're cheap. Hard for me to justify paying twice as much for one grip versus another when I like the cheap one just fine.

FWIW, on my putters I'm an Iomic guy, but I do have a couple of Stitchbacks that are making me think about changing my ways. This summer one of those Stitchbacks might see some bag time and I'll judge how it wears. Sticking with the theme of being cheap: one of the reasons I love Iomics is their durability. I ordered one on my first custom Byron and have gamed it for the better part of 3 years without the need to change it.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

My current Byron has an Iomic and I love it. The new one has a blue cow gripmaster. I think the leather takes a bit more time to work in, but then it will feel like that well worn baseball glove.

Thats the theory. Probably blue iomic by July.

Volvo Intorqueo

I am in the market for new grips and I want to try the Iomics but they are just to expensive for me. Maybe I'll do the New Decades again cus I loved mine. Tacki-Mac and Lambkin are in consideration. Winn grips are a huge no for me, I've used them and hated them. I was looking in my golfsmith catalog last night and saw Black Widow grips. Does any one know about these?

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

• SPY VIP

The new Tacki-Mac Itomic grips are an interesting new option. Tried them a couple months ago and if you are looking for an Iomic style grip but don't want to spend $15 a grip this is a great option and the feel is incredible.

#TruthDigest

Just wanted to see what everyone is using on their clubs? What's your flavor? I've been using the New Decade for a while but switched up to the dual durometer. I've been wondering about the Iomic's but they just seem very pricey!

I have Iomic Stickys on both my sets... I would never go back to the "industry leaders".

• SPY VIP

I am in the market for new grips and I want to try the Iomics but they are just to expensive for me. Maybe I'll do the New Decades again cus I loved mine. Tacki-Mac and Lambkin are in consideration. Winn grips are a huge no for me, I've used them and hated them. I was looking in my golfsmith catalog last night and saw Black Widow grips. Does any one know about these?

I bought two Iromics from golfsmith first. Total risk about $9. Put one on the driver and the other on the 7. Played around for a while and then bought the others. They have been sticky and soft this winter. I can't wait to see how soft they are as it warms up.

Volvo Intorqueo

I bought two Iromics from golfsmith first. Total risk about $9. Put one on the driver and the other on the 7. Played around for a while and then bought the others. They have been sticky and soft this winter. I can't wait to see how soft they are as it warms up.

Durability seems good so far?? We have sold hundreds of these, and no one has complained as of yet.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

I have Ping stock grips on all my irons, wedges, and hybrids (which I believe are Golf Prides). I have the Golf Pride DD2 on my fairway wood and I haven't yet changed out the stock Nike grip on my driver. Iomics on both of my putters.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Golf Pride DD2s.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

My only issue with the DD2's is they seem to wear a little quick for my taste. I know that several of the fellas at the shop swear by them, but I remain unconvinced...

My only issue with the DD2's is they seem to wear a little quick for my taste. I know that several of the fellas at the shop swear by them, but I remain unconvinced...

I don't have a problem with them. Do you wipe them down now and then to take the oils off?

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

I don't like Winn, tried Lamkin, but nothing beats the Tour Velvet.....unless it's the original Green Victory. Man....I really wish they could make a synthetic version of those that's as good as the original.

I don't have a problem with them. Do you wipe them down now and then to take the oils off?

Same here - no issues with that. I scrub mine with a brush as soon as I put them on to increase the tackiness. Clean them that way too.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Archived