TESTERS WANTED! ×

Best Place To Buy Grips & Regripping Supplies

Hey Gang,

I've decided to stop farming out my regripping and am going to tackle it myself. Where is the best place to buy grips and supplies. I've heard I should be wary of grips on eBay as being counterfeit and I've seen supplies at Golf Works, but wondered where you guys got your stuff?

Thanks.

PS- Once I am competent at regripping I would like to start doing it on the side for neighbors. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since getting out of the public business and my buddy that was in the wholesale business closed down I mostly use Golf Works. I have done business with them for years and they IMHO have great service. I also use Hireko and Diamond Tour Golf.

One of my WRX buddies Tim turned me on the other week to Monark golf. I have not used them yet their web thing is www. monarkgolf. com--- Sorry I am not computer savy enough to link like others do.

I also do some business with a local owned shop here if I need only a grip or 2. My epoxy I use the Loctite brand which Home Depot carries. It has the same specs as far as shear strength etc as any golf epoxy. In fact the Loctite rep told me that they re package that same epoxy for different folks in the golf industry. I use air to put my grips on and off so I use regular masking tape that I buy cheaper at Home Depot too. To lube the mouth of the grip I use regular charcoal lighter starter which I get at either Wally Mart or Dollar general cheap. When doing it my way you do not use much solvent at all I think my quart is still half full after a year or more.  As you get into it more I can give you some other cheaper ways to do stuff as far as equipment etc

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Keep a look out for sales at Rockbottom as well. They regularly have 20% off grips, and their prices are pretty good to begin with.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Lamkin ALWAYS has grips on sale for around $3-$5. Golfworks is where I get my tape and solvent.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Hey Gang,

I've decided to stop farming out my regripping and am going to tackle it myself. Where is the best place to buy grips and supplies. I've heard I should be wary of grips on eBay as being counterfeit and I've seen supplies at Golf Works, but wondered where you guys got your stuff?

Thanks.

PS- Once I am competent at regrouping I would like to start doing it on the side for neighbors.

Figure out what brand you want and compare online best place to buy. Regripping is easy and saves you money. Don't be afraid to use extra liquid or your grip may stop half way and it is wasted. Use a container to capture the liquid do you can reuse. Also get the tool to slide over your shaft with the grip. It is much easier to slide the grip on.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Grips, I get from an Authorised dealer on Ebay. Other bits and pieces I get from Golfworks.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Grips 4 Less.

I got a good deal on my Pure DTX grips from Grip4Less last time.

Golfworks has a sale now on tools and supplies.

20% Off Select Tools and Supplies

Promo Code: 20OffTools - Expires 8/28/2017 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

If you are serious about this, seriously go somewhere and get and air tank, and then buy the pure grips installer tool for the air hose. I promise you it is a great investment. I use blue painters tape as build up tape, I do t use any grip tape. I do have solvent, I dip the end of my finger into it, then rub the tip of the grip to helps start the grip on, then blow it on the rest of the way with air, grip is ready to use almost immediately. As for where I purchase the grips, I like lamkin grips so I just search for them, web, eBay, wherever I can find them, counterfeiting is much less likely with grips so I dont really worry about that when buying grips. If purchasing high end grips you may find some counterfeit, but a 4 dollar Lamkin is not likely to be counterfeit.

Seriously though, buy an air compressor.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

For those of you who use air, can you direct me towards a decent compressor to buy? Don't want to spend too much on one.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

For those of you who use air, can you direct me towards a decent compressor to buy? Don't want to spend too much on one.

I agree  an air compressor is the only way to go.  Foz bought one at Harbor Freight for about $50 I think.  He likes it.  It doesn't take much pressure or a big tank.  I have the Pure grip installer.  You could probably do without it, but I think it makes installation a lot simpler.  Blue painters tape and grips and I'm ready to go, and with air the grips are soooo easy to remove!!!  That's what I hated about changing grips.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

OK so here's the question I have about the air compressors:

How does the grip do over time? The last thing I'd want is to have to keep adjusting the grips because they're twisting out of alignment. I already have that problem with traditionally installed grips.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Unless you blow out the grip somewhat, there's not a problem with twisting. I personally don't use any tape and haven't had an issue with grips twisting.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

How does the grip do over time? The last thing I'd want is to have to keep adjusting the grips because they're twisting out of alignment. I already have that problem with traditionally installed.

What are you doing to get twisted grips? Maybe after years where the bond fails but I have never had a grip twist.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

If you are serious about this, seriously go somewhere and get and air tank, and then buy the pure grips installer tool for the air hose. I promise you it is a great investment. I use blue painters tape as build up tape, I do t use any grip tape. I do have solvent, I dip the end of my finger into it, then rub the tip of the grip to helps start the grip on, then blow it on the rest of the way with air, grip is ready to use almost immediately. As for where I purchase the grips, I like lamkin grips so I just search for them, web, eBay, wherever I can find them, counterfeiting is much less likely with grips so I dont really worry about that when buying grips. If purchasing high end grips you may find some counterfeit, but a 4 dollar Lamkin is not likely to be counterfeit.

Seriously though, buy an air compressor.

Anything I get into I tend to go balls to the walls up front rather than easing into it. Here's my current set-up in my basement. I picked up a compressor, air hose & accessories at Harbor Freight for about $50. I've heard varying degrees of success with air, but thought I'd try it as part of my process. At the end of the month Golf Works is supposed to get in the table top gripping station that Golfsmith used to carry and I will add that to the set-up so I can do traditional griping as well.

Underneath the workbench on the left is my cigar humidor and on the right I've repurposed my other humidor to hold grips, heat gun, razor blades, etc. On top is my first putter refurbishing project, putter grip & tape removed, paint on shaft removed and sanded and now trying to refresh the head. Will keep you updated as a I go and most likely will have a lot more questions as I get deeper into it.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

What are you doing to get twisted grips? Maybe after years where the bond fails but I have never had a grip twist.

Probably that. I've had the same grips on my irons for like 6 years. They're not showing significant wear so I'm hesitant to replace them.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I boutght the little hot dog one from Harbor Freight, 100psi, and it's plenty good enough. I set it to about 60 to do the grips. I did purchase the pure grips install tool and it is much easier to use than just the nozzle

Anything I get into I tend to go balls to the walls up front rather than easing into it. Here's my current set-up in my basement. I picked up a compressor, air hose & accessories at Harbor Freight for about $50. I've heard varying degrees of success with air, but thought I'd try it as part of my process. At the end of the month Golf Works is supposed to get in the table top gripping station that Golfsmith used to carry and I will add that to the set-up so I can do traditional griping as well.

Underneath the workbench on the left is my cigar humidor and on the right I've repurposed my other humidor to hold grips, heat gun, razor blades, etc. On top is my first putter refurbishing project, putter grip & tape removed, paint on shaft removed and sanded and now trying to refresh the head. Will keep you updated as a I go and most likely will have a lot more questions as I get deeper into it.

The only issue I had with the air was trying g to use the small nozzle when putting the grip on, it would push all the way in and I actually ripped the end of a couple grips, but I went ahead and spent the money on the tool from Pure grips for installation and it has become a breeze to them now.

Hell. I just have a vice that sucks down on the breakfast bar granite top. Put the wife's cooking pan under to catch the mineral spirits. I pick up supply's from FleaBay or the hardware store. Cheap GP grips & tape. Slide the grips on. Air ? I don't need no stinkin' air ... ;8)

Sent from my XT1650 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I understand that the pure grips install tool makes it easier putting grips on, does it help getting them off any easier?

Almost as easy as putting them on to be honest.

In the bag:

Bag: 

I have seen this with guys that use traditional tape and store clubs in their trunk. When it is sunny and 90+, the glue gets soft. In fact, here in Texas, I have left clubs in hot car to make it easy to blow them off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I for one have never had a grip slip that I have blown on with air. I have an older compressor left over from my racing days that I use and an ordinary blow gun that you can purchase at Home Depot. It comes with several different screw in nozzles. I will caution you as I do everyone get a regulator unless your compressor has one included. Do not exceed 35 LBS Pure Grips will even tell you that. Yep If I did not have the old left over compressor which is 25 years old I would have the little pancake one like Korador has it will more than suffice

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Golfworks best place for supplies. Grips you can find deals on many sites

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Is there an easy way to do this or any tips/tricks that can make it easier?

Easier way to do what part specifically?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Archived