TESTERS WANTED! ×

Best Place To Buy Grips & Regripping Supplies

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Removing grips (without cutting them) that were installed using the traditional method of solvent and tape i.e. clubs with factory installed grips.

You can get a grip removal tool for like $20 from Amazon. It basically pays for itself after removing just one set of grips. Super easy to use as well.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

@DaNNsN, this is what I have. I never have a problem with savings grips, and have never had issues with scraping graphite shafts as some may suspect.

Just put the tip in the grip, squirt some mineral spirits (or whatever solvent) and slide it down and around the shaft, applying more solvent if needed. Takes less than 60 seconds.

IMG_9868.PNG

Yes. A grip removal tool works. I used to use a coat hanger, fold it in half so it doesn't poke into the grip, then just work the hanger down the shaft using solvent, it takes a while to it that way and uses a lot of solvent. With the air compressor, I will take a syringe or something to inject some solvent into the hole in the end, then use the air in short bursts the air will force the solvent theough the grip of you go slowly and just work the grip a little bit it will come loose then it will slide right off. Then I take a hair dryer to heat the 2 sided grip tape for a minute then it peels Right off.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Hey Gang,

I've decided to stop farming out my regripping and am going to tackle it myself. Where is the best place to buy grips and supplies. I've heard I should be wary of grips on eBay as being counterfeit and I've seen supplies at Golf Works, but wondered where you guys got your stuff?

Thanks.

PS- Once I am competent at regripping I would like to start doing it on the side for neighbors.

Dude eBay is my number one place. You get get really great prices there with buy-it-now options. Otherwise I keep and account with Golfworks and they send out BoGo thru email.

Sent from my LGLS992 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dude eBay is my number one place. You get get really great prices there with buy-it-now options. Otherwise I keep and account with Golfworks and they send out BoGo thru email.

Sent from my LGLS992 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Good to know, thanks!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

• 3 weeks later...

Getting ready to place an order with Golf Works. Do you guys use the 48mm tape or the 18mm tape?

I blow them on, so I don't need tape. But if you want to build them up, you can use painters tape.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I blow them on, so I don't need tape. But if you want to build them up, you can use painters tape.

I will blow then on as well, but I want to learn both techniques for regripping. So not sure about the difference between the two sizes of tape. Can anyone help?

I think I am going to get into this during the winter months....save myself a little money and maybe regrip a few for my buddies to recoup my initial cash outlay.

Is there a good "how to" somewhere for a novice??

I'll definitely be going the air compressor route

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I have had good success with grips4less.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

• 4 months later...

Since getting out of the public business and my buddy that was in the wholesale business closed down I mostly use Golf Works. I have done business with them for years and they IMHO have great service. I also use Hireko and Diamond Tour Golf.

One of my WRX buddies Tim turned me on the other week to Monark golf. I have not used them yet their web thing is www. monarkgolf. com--- Sorry I am not computer savy enough to link like others do.

I also do some business with a local owned shop here if I need only a grip or 2. My epoxy I use the Loctite brand which Home Depot carries. It has the same specs as far as shear strength etc as any golf epoxy. In fact the Loctite rep told me that they re package that same epoxy for different folks in the golf industry. I use air to put my grips on and off so I use regular masking tape that I buy cheaper at Home Depot too. To lube the mouth of the grip I use regular charcoal lighter starter which I get at either Wally Mart or Dollar general cheap. When doing it my way you do not use much solvent at all I think my quart is still half full after a year or more.  As you get into it more I can give you some other cheaper ways to do stuff as far as equipment etc

Stu, using Loctite has piqued my interest.  Is it a two part mix system like that which Golf Works sells or are you using one of the "Super Glue" tubes?

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

Stu, using Loctite has piqued my interest. Is it a two part mix system like that which Golf Works sells or are you using one of the "Super Glue" tubes?

The local shop by me has used rubber cement since the 70's and it's fantastic. Works great, without the fumes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

The local shop by me has used rubber cement since the 70's and it's fantastic. Works great, without the fumes.

Rubber cement? for what?

Are we perhaps getting things mixed up here as far as regripping and or the use of epoxy type products for club repair/reshafting?

I'm confused obviously. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Rubber cement? for what?

Are we perhaps getting things mixed up here as far as regripping and or the use of epoxy type products for club repair/reshafting?

I'm confused obviously.

As the glue for grips

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

As the glue for grips

Wow! I thought so but wanted to clarify. I'm not sure I get using rubber cement. I'd certainly like to see how it's done. I can't visualize sliding on a grip with rubber cement applied to a shaft. And then I'd like to see what happens when you remove/change a grip. Have you witnessed any of this?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Wow! I thought so but wanted to clarify. I'm not sure I get using rubber cement. I'd certainly like to see how it's done. I can't visualize sliding on a grip with rubber cement applied to a shaft. And then I'd like to see what happens when you remove/change a grip. Have you witnessed any of this?

Yeah pretty much the same as any other grip change. Nice too because if you get any on the shaft, it peels right off by rubbing it.

Yeah pretty much the same as any other grip change. Nice too because if you get any on the shaft, it peels right off by rubbing it.

Interesting. I suppose I can see the rubber cement peeling off easily. Would have never thought of this. Maybe next time a replace my grips I might try with one and see. I still can't envision a grip sliding down the shaft easily. The RC seems like it'd be too thick. Guess I'll have to find out.

Thanks

Interesting. I suppose I can see the rubber cement peeling off easily. Would have never thought of this. Maybe next time a replace my grips I might try with one and see. I still can't envision a grip sliding down the shaft easily. The RC seems like it'd be too thick. Guess I'll have to find out.

Thanks

From my research most of the guys that have been in the business for years have done it this way. Always works nicely on my grips. Just thought I'd share

Go to Pure Grips......and use air pressure to install rather than glue.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My build up tape is blue painters tape and I install everything with air, no glue, no double sided tape and no solvent. It works with any grip, not just Pure grips. Some grips are more difficult to get on than others but they all work. Sometimes I may use a drop of solvent on my finger to help start a difficult grip onto the shaft. Makes changing the grip effortless. Can do a whole set removal and regroup in about 10 minutes maybe less if I hurry.

My build up tape is blue painters tape and I install everything with air, no glue, no double sided tape and no solvent. It works with any grip, not just Pure grips. Some grips are more difficult to get on than others but they all work. Sometimes I may use a drop of solvent on my finger to help start a difficult grip onto the shaft. Makes changing the grip effortless. Can do a whole set removal and regroup in about 10 minutes maybe less if I hurry.

Do you use a regulator on your air tank so you don't use too much and blow the grip? I've heard of people doing that, just wasn't sure if it was necessary.

I have the little hot dog one from harbor freight, I got it for 50 bucks. It is 100 psi, it has a regulator on it already, I regulate it to around 60psi and have no trouble. I did make the investment in the Pure grips air tool nozzle. It's sort of expensive for what it is, but it sure is nice to have. I think I got it for 35-40 bucks.

I have the little hot dog one from harbor freight, I got it for 50 bucks. It is 100 psi, it has a regulator on it already, I regulate it to around 60psi and have no trouble. I did make the investment in the Pure grips air tool nozzle. It's sort of expensive for what it is, but it sure is nice to have. I think I got it for 35-40 bucks.

I have that same compressor, bought it a few months back but haven't tried changing grips with it yet. I've looked at the PureGrips tool, might pick it up as well if I'm successful as changing them with air.

I have that same compressor, bought it a few months back but haven't tried changing grips with it yet. I've looked at the PureGrips tool, might pick it up as well if I'm successful as changing them with air.

I have both the PURE tool and just a regular air gun nozzle with a metal tip.  Both work just fine.  The PURE tool is a little easier to put pressure on the grip with, but with some putter grips it's too small to actually use.

Then for the Superstrokes with counter core I remove the cap or weight and have a rubber tip for the regular nozzle that fits the hole.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I have both the PURE tool and just a regular air gun nozzle with a metal tip. Both work just fine. The PURE tool is a little easier to put pressure on the grip with, but with some putter grips it's too small to actually use.

Then for the Superstrokes with counter core I remove the cap or weight and have a rubber tip for the regular nozzle that fits the hole.

There are a few grips that you have to be creative with the air tools. When i first started using air I used the metal tip nozzle but It kept pushing through the end of the grip and putting a crack in the end of the grip which then allowed the air to get out. So I just bought the tool. The only grip I've come across where the tool doesn't fit is the big putter grips. It does work for the 1.18 size Winn putter grip.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm.  For the shafts?

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

Hmm. For the shafts?

Grips. Not sure about shafts.

Ive been regripping all my clubs & have started doing some friends clubs for a few bucks. Have purchased grips from GolfWorks and Grips4Less with good success. I was going to buy some on eBay, but two of the sellers had feedback that they were selling counterfeits so, for now, I am staying clear of them.

QUESTION: I have been using a heat gun to remove old tape and it works great, but wondered if there is any impact to heating up the shafts, especially graphite ones?????

Archived