Headhammer

Best Place To Buy Grips & Regripping Supplies

Hell. I just have a vice that sucks down on the breakfast bar granite top. Put the wife's cooking pan under to catch the mineral spirits. I pick up supply's from FleaBay or the hardware store. Cheap GP grips & tape. Slide the grips on. Air ? I don't need no stinkin' air ... ;8)

Sent from my XT1650 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I understand that the pure grips install tool makes it easier putting grips on, does it help getting them off any easier?

Almost as easy as putting them on to be honest.

• Like 1

What are you doing to get twisted grips? Maybe after years where the bond fails but I have never had a grip twist.

I have seen this with guys that use traditional tape and store clubs in their trunk. When it is sunny and 90+, the glue gets soft. In fact, here in Texas, I have left clubs in hot car to make it easy to blow them off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I for one have never had a grip slip that I have blown on with air. I have an older compressor left over from my racing days that I use and an ordinary blow gun that you can purchase at Home Depot. It comes with several different screw in nozzles. I will caution you as I do everyone get a regulator unless your compressor has one included. Do not exceed 35 LBS Pure Grips will even tell you that. Yep If I did not have the old left over compressor which is 25 years old I would have the little pancake one like Korador has it will more than suffice

• Like 2

Golfworks best place for supplies. Grips you can find deals on many sites

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I understand that the pure grips install tool makes it easier putting grips on, does it help getting them off any easier?

Yes.

If there is already grip tape on the club, the air method alone won't work, you have to put some solvent in the grip.

Or cut the grip off.

If there is already grip tape on the club, the air method alone won't work, you have to put some solvent in the grip.

Or cut the grip off.

Is there an easy way to do this or any tips/tricks that can make it easier?

Is there an easy way to do this or any tips/tricks that can make it easier?

Easier way to do what part specifically?

Easier way to do what part specifically?

Removing grips (without cutting them) that were installed using the traditional method of solvent and tape i.e. clubs with factory installed grips.

Removing grips (without cutting them) that were installed using the traditional method of solvent and tape i.e. clubs with factory installed grips.

You can get a grip removal tool for like $20 from Amazon. It basically pays for itself after removing just one set of grips. Super easy to use as well.

• Like 1

@DaNNsN, this is what I have. I never have a problem with savings grips, and have never had issues with scraping graphite shafts as some may suspect.

Just put the tip in the grip, squirt some mineral spirits (or whatever solvent) and slide it down and around the shaft, applying more solvent if needed. Takes less than 60 seconds.

IMG_9868.PNG

• Like 2

Yes. A grip removal tool works. I used to use a coat hanger, fold it in half so it doesn't poke into the grip, then just work the hanger down the shaft using solvent, it takes a while to it that way and uses a lot of solvent. With the air compressor, I will take a syringe or something to inject some solvent into the hole in the end, then use the air in short bursts the air will force the solvent theough the grip of you go slowly and just work the grip a little bit it will come loose then it will slide right off. Then I take a hair dryer to heat the 2 sided grip tape for a minute then it peels Right off.

• Like 2

Hey Gang,

I've decided to stop farming out my regripping and am going to tackle it myself. Where is the best place to buy grips and supplies. I've heard I should be wary of grips on eBay as being counterfeit and I've seen supplies at Golf Works, but wondered where you guys got your stuff?

Thanks.

PS- Once I am competent at regripping I would like to start doing it on the side for neighbors.

Dude eBay is my number one place. You get get really great prices there with buy-it-now options. Otherwise I keep and account with Golfworks and they send out BoGo thru email.

Sent from my LGLS992 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Dude eBay is my number one place. You get get really great prices there with buy-it-now options. Otherwise I keep and account with Golfworks and they send out BoGo thru email.

Sent from my LGLS992 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Good to know, thanks!

I blow them on, so I don't need tape. But if you want to build them up, you can use painters tape.

I blow them on, so I don't need tape. But if you want to build them up, you can use painters tape.

I will blow then on as well, but I want to learn both techniques for regripping. So not sure about the difference between the two sizes of tape. Can anyone help?

I think I am going to get into this during the winter months....save myself a little money and maybe regrip a few for my buddies to recoup my initial cash outlay.

Is there a good "how to" somewhere for a novice??

I'll definitely be going the air compressor route