TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bridgestone Discontinues B330 - Replacing with Tour B

Gotta admit, this one caught me by surprise...

Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls - 6-1174 copy.jpg

Bridgestone is announcing its new Tour-level balls today - the Tour B line.  The 12-year old B330 name is being retired - as a name it's not nearly as iconic as ProV or Chrome Soft - but still...

Anyway, the details are here: https://mygolfspy.com/2019-bridgestone-tour-b-golf-balls/

What are your thoughts on the name change, the new balls and the switch in fitting approach - score/handicap as opposed pos wing speed?

Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls - 5-1172.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• SPY VIP

I like the simple fitting chart, but the name change seems risky and will take some getting used to. Those not in the know may buy another brand if they cant find their usual B330 ball on the shelf.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I was surprised by this, I know they had toyed with the "B" logo but I didn't expect a full name change.....12 years of branding is a long time....it's not like Taylormade who changes ball names every year it seems like.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I have to admit...I should not have bought 9 dozen of the recent B330S.  Although although they were 3 dozen for 2... oh well.

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

I just bought a dozen 2 days ago. But that's OK. The construction of the ball is what matters, not the label that's printed on it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

It is an interesting decision. I'll say this, I love the B stamp logo. Looks clean, looks cool and the old logo was very cluttered to me with the wording. 

Also, I think they're right in the whole B330 name never catching on. It is a mouthful when someone asked you what you're playing and you say the Bridgestone B330 RXS. Sometimes less is more and this simplification is a good step.

The thing I don't like is the addition of an X. I know that calling one ball the Tour B and the other the Tour BS isn't good for merchandising, but it just flows better. Also, interesting time for a release, but you get a jump on everyone else and for those who play in the south it's an injection of new equipment right as you might be getting antsy for something different. Hope it works out for Bridgestone.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I think Tour B just comes off so much easier than Tour B330/330s

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Personally, I always thought it was too much. Slim down the product line. Not to compare the Titleist model but it works. Fewer options, tell people what they want, dont make them guess. Tour Bx, B XS, RX, RXS........ its too much. KISS.

I was getting a kick out of a kid at the PGATSS trying to explain to a customer the difference between the 330 balls. He had no clue, looked like a moron, and the customer went right over and bought ProV1s. The customer literally said, "I'll stick with my V1s, I know what they do."

They could have been the completely wrong ball for him but the lack of knowledge and multiple offerings lost the store a sale. 

8hhf0J5.png

So the S ball is the longer ball? Is this like the v1/v1x "flip"? What is going on here?

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Can't wait to get my hands on the 2016 B330-RXS when they go on sale

I think with all the money they have spent on marketing the B330 Ball.

They could of just changed it to Tour- Tour-S Tour-RX Tour RXS.

And kept the same color boxes for less confusion.

Tour-Brown

Tour S Blue

Tour RX Red

Tour RSX Silver

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Gotta admit, this one caught me by surprise...

Yes, me too.

Bstone seemed to be getting some steady converts with the 330 line.

Surprising for sure but the B Tour has been out there in non US markets for some time.

Bags Hats and the rest and if Im not mistaken Kuch and some have been sporting the logo lately.

Seems US had to get on board.

I like the B mark opposed to the full name on the ball. Looks sleek. I'll grab a sleeve of the S when it comes out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

No one's gonna say it? OK I will.

Can't wait to get my hands on the new BS!

I thought you were already full of BS!

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

On a serious note, I think the streamlined names and logo are an improvement.  Whether it results in increased sales is another thing. The timing is probably right, with more and more golfers open to options other than Titleist.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Surprise, surprise the post Nike era has been eye opening to me and I have an opinion that will be exceedingly unpopular.

Free agent refuges from Nike seem to be primarily playing Titleist balls. There are a number of players on tour who cross over on balls from their manufacturer to Titleist. I know of no one who plays Titleist equipment but a different ball.

Could it be that there is a reason why Titleist is the best selling ball despite not offering the best price? Could it be that they make the best ball on the market and that's why they are the top seller?

The only question in my mind is whether they are $15 a dozen better.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm anxious to see the new line come out, I think it's a good move for Bstone.

What I'm hoping for is that Tiger's input results in a softer cover like the RZN Tour balls, the platinum is by far my favorite ball so far.

Titleist is Titleist, they've been number one for a long time and I don't think it will change anytime soon, I don't know if they're the best for everyone but they're the best for allot of players on tour and that speaks volumes to the quality of their product.

Surprise, surprise the post Nike era has been eye opening to me and I have an opinion that will be exceedingly unpopular.

Free agent refuges from Nike seem to be primarily playing Titleist balls. There are a number of players on tour who cross over on balls from their manufacturer to Titleist. I know of no one who plays Titleist equipment but a different ball.

Could it be that there is a reason why Titleist is the best selling ball despite not offering the best price? Could it be that they make the best ball on the market and that's why they are the top seller?

The only question in my mind is whether they are $15 a dozen better.

It's all about money. I bet Titleist pays a decent dime to play their ball.

Honestly there are so many good balls out there that are so similar that is comes down to personal preference. Titleist switching the characters between the V1 and x and a ton of people confused on why they messed with their success.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The regular B330 is tempting me to switch from the Pro V, this will be interesting if its a serious change or just the 330s under a different banner.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Personally, I always thought it was too much. Slim down the product line. Not to compare the Titleist model but it works. Fewer options, tell people what they want, dont make them guess. Tour Bx, B XS, RX, RXS........ its too much. KISS.

I was getting a kick out of a kid at the PGATSS trying to explain to a customer the difference between the 330 balls. He had no clue, looked like a moron, and the customer went right over and bought ProV1s. The customer literally said, "I'll stick with my V1s, I know what they do."

They could have been the completely wrong ball for him but the lack of knowledge and multiple offerings lost the store a sale. 

SOP for most big box stores employees No clue looking like a moron

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

The only Bridgestone ball I really ever liked for some reason was the Treo-Soft. I know on specs it is nothing like my beloved Pro Vs but for some reason I liked that ball. The B-330 and 330 S I spin TOO much for my baby cut and could not control that ball well with the driver or around the greens

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 4 weeks later...

The only Bridgestone ball I really ever liked for some reason was the Treo-Soft. I know on specs it is nothing like my beloved Pro Vs but for some reason I liked that ball. The B-330 and 330 S I spin TOO much for my baby cut and could not control that ball well with the driver or around the greens

That was my favorite as well.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

No need to be detailed. Just my opinion.

ROTFLMAO   :D  :D  :D  :D   I share your opinion I was just being nice.

G

I was underwhelmed vs the B330S. Still time to change my mind. Next up will be the BX.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Thanks for the link, nice wright up.

Have You tried the 18 RXS 2017 ?

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Archived