TESTERS WANTED! ×

That one shot you wished you had, and how to get it.

I wish I have the on command fade. My idea of a fade is a 5 yard draw. Sure I hit the ball left to right but that's usually comes from one of the 3 things, side hill lies, downhill lies, and hitting driver off the deck. Though with the new driver it just want to go straight.

30 yard shot is my bread and butter, I hole out at least once a month. Last month I had 2 in one round. Anything inside 70 yards are my strength. That's what I practice exclusively.

It's all about confidence. Practice then trust that your body knows what to do then hit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just the opposite for me. Driver is straight to 5 yard fade, way too much work to hit a draw. Funny thing is every other club I can work in either direction, driver just won't listen.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

The one shot I wish i had more than anything is a 4 iron off the tee that goes dead straight every time no matter how narrow the fairway is. I can hit a 4 iron straight, but I can also hook it into the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  Titleist TSR4
3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth Plus
2 Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi
4-GW IronsMIZUNO PRO 225
Wedges 51* and 56*: Honma TII World
Putter: PXG Spitfire GEN2

I would kill to be able to hit the low 50-75 yard one hop and stop pitch shot....I swear I could cut 5 shots off my index if I could hit that shot

It's closer to you than you think. That's the first shot I learn when I take my journey toward mid handicap.

It's a knock down shot, with your 100 yard club, play the ball an inch back from the middle weight on the forward foot 9 o'clock back swing and zip it finish at opposite your back swing. Ideally you'd want the bottom of your swing to be about 2 inches in front of the ball thin dollar bill divot. The ball would come out low with ton of spins.

It's my go-to shots for most of my club even driver when I want it.

DJ fade.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I can't help with the length, but i think I can help with the fade. I am a lefty so i will try to explain as a righty.

There are many ways to hit fade, a very simple one is to just adjust your had position and don't change anything else. So you set up normal and hit the shot exactly how you would hit any other shot. For the hand position, set up normal, and grip normal, then take you right hand and move it to a very weak position, move it so the V in your thumb and forefinger is over the top of the shaft, the important thing here is to swing the club normal, set up normal, the ball will fade, it may slice, If the ball slices more than you want, just adjust the right hand back a little until you get the flight you want. You may only need to trim the hand slightly from your regular grip to achieve a fade, try it at the range.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I can't help with the length, but i think I can help with the fade. I am a lefty so i will try to explain as a righty.

There are many ways to hit fade, a very simple one is to just adjust your had position and don't change anything else. So you set up normal and hit the shot exactly how you would hit any other shot. For the hand position, set up normal, and grip normal, then take you right hand and move it to a very weak position, move it so the V in your thumb and forefinger is over the top of the shaft, the important thing here is to swing the club normal, set up normal, the ball will fade, it may slice, If the ball slices more than you want, just adjust the right hand back a little until you get the flight you want. You may only need to trim the hand slightly from your regular grip to achieve a fade, try it at the range.

This might be a good way to fade it, but at least for me, I never really like to change my grip from swing to swing because I have only one grip that will feel "right" to me (I have a very strong grip that looks pretty funny), but I do like to work the ball both ways because it gives me a range of around 25 yards for every club just with full swings. To do that, I just open my stance a tiny bit, and just feel like I throw my club into the back of the ball (a little steeper path than normal) with a square to slightly open face with an emphasis of quieting my wrists to the point where it even creates the illusion of feeling like they are locked at impact and not turning over which would result in the dreaded double cross.  Even though this is not my natural swing or my preferred ball flight, it is one of the most repeatable shots I have in by bag from club to club.  

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

This might be a good way to fade it, but at least for me, I never really like to change my grip from swing to swing because I have only one grip that will feel "right" to me (I have a very strong grip that looks pretty funny), but I do like to work the ball both ways because it gives me a range of around 25 yards for every club just with full swings. To do that, I just open my stance a tiny bit, and just feel like I throw my club into the back of the ball (a little steeper path than normal) with a square to slightly open face with an emphasis of quieting my wrists to the point where it even creates the illusion of feeling like they are locked at impact and not turning over which would result in the dreaded double cross. Even though this is not my natural swing or my preferred ball flight, it is one of the most repeatable shots I have in by bag from club to club.

For sure, there's many ways to hit the fade, this one is just a simple way where you don't need to change much, honestly it only takes a little turn of the right hand to get the ball to fade. I don't generally hit a fade, so I don't want to make a big change to hit it, I only hit this when I have to. My ball flight is typically straight or draw.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• 4 weeks later...

20-30yds? If it's a clean lie, and (usually) no trouble in between, I take a 7i, choke down, and hit it like a long putt. Or sometimes use the putter itself...

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Archived