Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

SC200 Review (unofficial)

I used to be able to do that when I was in high school and practiced all the time. Now it's all mechanical. Maybe I should quit my job and hit half-wedges al day like I used to. I'm sure my wife would be cool with it.

I quit my job over 2 years ago.  I was 68.  I don't hit half wedges all day; only for an hour or so.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I quit my job over 2 years ago.  I was 68.  I don't hit half wedges all day; only for an hour or so.

When I was in HS, the club I worked at had a tree-lined driving range. One of our jobs was to knock all the balls in the trees back out into the range. We all got pretty good with our wedges. I also got pretty good at turning my wedge over and hitting it lefty as well.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Don't mean to take this thread off-topic .. but this is related:

Anyone have any experience with the earlier SC100 model?

eg. What are the differences between that and the newer SC200?

Wondering as I'm intrigued by this thing and Revolution Golf (is it ok to name them 'out loud' here?) is selling the older model for $177. Thx!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious Carolina Golfer, after 6 months are you still getting use of the SC2000? Looking to buy one but hate to have another gadget I get tired of and weighting down my bag

Also have you tried it off mats on the range ? Any difference if you have ? Most of my range time is off Mat

Just curious Carolina Golfer, after 6 months are you still getting use of the SC2000? Looking to buy one but hate to have another gadget I get tired of and weighting down my bag

Also have you tried it off mats on the range ? Any difference if you have ? Most of my range time is off Mat

Sure thing. Still use it on st least half the range sessions. Ive used it off the mats and grass. Works great on both. I mostly use the driving range mode but tje practice mode is fun to challenge your distance control.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 2 weeks later...

In an earlier post I mentioned that my wife got me the SC200 for Christmas, but I had foot surgery in November so I never put the SC200 into use... until last week.  Well, I started to put it in use, but after I put batteries in it, the remote didn't work.  Can't change club lofts without the remote!  

I contacted Voice Caddie last Wednesday, and their response was quick.  They suggested that I replace the battery... a CR2025 lithium.  I did but the remote still didn't work.  On Thursday Voice Caddie sent me a new remote free of charge!!  I received it on Monday and it works great!  Great service!!!

Now I get to play with it!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

In an earlier post I mentioned that my wife got me the SC200 for Christmas, but I had foot surgery in November so I never put the SC200 into use... until last week. Well, I started to put it in use, but after I put batteries in it, the remote didn't work. Can't change club lofts without the remote!

I contacted Voice Caddie last Wednesday, and their response was quick. They suggested that I replace the battery... a CR2025 lithium. I did but the remote still didn't work. On Thursday Voice Caddie sent me a new remote free of charge!! I received it on Monday and it works great! Great service!!!

Glad to hear the company took care of you!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

In an earlier post I mentioned that my wife got me the SC200 for Christmas, but I had foot surgery in November so I never put the SC200 into use... until last week.  Well, I started to put it in use, but after I put batteries in it, the remote didn't work.  Can't change club lofts without the remote!  

I contacted Voice Caddie last Wednesday, and their response was quick.  They suggested that I replace the battery... a CR2025 lithium.  I did but the remote still didn't work.  On Thursday Voice Caddie sent me a new remote free of charge!!  I received it on Monday and it works great!  Great service!!!

Sorry you had problems Kenny, but that's great service!!   I have dealt with Sunny in their dealer sales on a few tings and she is fantastic to deal with.   We have sold a couple of them in our pro shop 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Hi all. Just joined the forum, but thought I would throw out my 2 cents on this product.

I have been using it for almost a year now for every practice session. And I would say that it overall exceeded my expectations.

Setup is fast and easy. I use the home depot brand alignment sticks (I. E. The snow bank markers that they sell for $3). Setting the SC 200 exactly a measuring stick behind the ball makes it work great.

The overall review on this is pretty spot on. I have used it in conjunction with 2 other launch monitors and it is close enough to them that I trust it to be more accurate than I am.

It does a great job with all hit shots, which I think is all you can really hope for. It doesn't do very well with a miss hit. Okay, it sucks with miss hits. But who really cares how far their chunked 9 iron goes?

Also, as some have asked about and talked about, it doesn't love wedge shots. Where I think it is about 95+% accurate with a driver, I think it is about 80% with wedges. It gets close, but I wouldn't recommend using it to dial in your 55 yard shot.

I would however recommend it for full swing shots over 80 yards. It adjusts for humidity, and temp. And does a great job overall. The voice feature is nice so that you don't have to look at it on every shot.

It's fun to use and makes practice more meaningful for me. Cheers all.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I know Voice Caddie has the SC200 as well as the SC100. Has anyone had a change to try the SC100 or is it worth spending 2x the price for the SC200? The practice modes aren't something i NEED. Is the loft adjustment for the SC200 a draw since all clubs are different these days.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

I know Voice Caddie has the SC200 as well as the SC100. Has anyone had a change to try the SC100 or is it worth spending 2x the price for the SC200? The practice modes aren't something i NEED. Is the loft adjustment for the SC200 a draw since all clubs are different these days.

The practice mode is okay, but not worth the money IMHO. But being able to adjust loft makes a very noticeable difference in accuracy. I think it's default value for 7 iron is 34, if you are using one of the new Callaway or taylormade 5 irons that are mistakenly labled as 7's at 29 degrees it would make a significant difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

I'm considering one of these babies for my bag. Unsure if anyone has asked this question and I have the same one out to the manufacturer, but will if function while hitting into a net?

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I'm considering one of these babies for my bag. Unsure if anyone has asked this question and I have the same one out to the manufacturer, but will if function while hitting into a net?

Yes.  In the SC200 Manual it states in the Notes Section that the SC200 is recommended for indoor use.  The unit should be within 4.5 feet of the ball, and there should be at least 6.5 feet in front of the ball.  

I have only used it outdoors and it works fine, except you have to get pretty close to the SC200 with the remote to change settings in direct sunlight.

Yes.  In the SC200 Manual it states in the Notes Section that the SC200 is recommended for indoor use.  The unit should be within 4.5 feet of the ball, and there should be at least 6.5 feet in front of the ball.  

I have only used it outdoors and it works fine, except you have to get pretty close to the SC200 with the remote to change settings in direct sunlight.

Good stuff, thank-you!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

Good stuff, thank-you!

I have used it indoors, no issues at all.

WITB:

I have used it indoors, no issues at all.

Good to know, thanks! Now to see if I can convince the War Department that I need this for Father's day..! :rolleyes:

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

• 4 weeks later...

I have this gizmo too. I like it;. Couple things about it that have not been mentioned in what I have read so far, in this thread.....

There is a approach mode and a target mode which I really like. Approach mode gives you a random number between 40-140yrds. You get points for how close you are to hitting that number. Nice for working with the irons. You can also set a specific number you want to hit it too in target mode.

As far as accuracy, I found it to be a little generous. I took it out with the Bushnell GPS/Laser hybrid. (Best Laser around, in my book.)

http://www.bushnellgolftradein.com/hybrid.html

I laser sighted the flags on the range started hitting those targets. I was particularly interested in the 100-240yrds so I was hitting consistent full swings. These were pretty calm days wind wise but the temps were a little cool and I was using range balls soo.... grain of salt.According to what I was hearing from the SC200 and what I was seeing with my own eyes, the SC200 was giving me more yardage than I was actually getting. It may be dead on balls accurate with a ProV & warmer temps. We'll see...... as soon as the damn weather warms up around here.

One strange anomaly! In several sessions using this, it reads my 6 iron as 200yrd carry. The first session was in a bubble (dome) and I was hitting with a brand new set of clubs. So I couldn't see the ball actually land. But image yourself hitting a brand new club for the first time and getting 200yrds out of a 6!!! I immediately started making made room in my wallet for my PGA Tour card. It's been like that for several sessions soooo.... whatever.

Here is how I plan to use this in practice sessions. I will use the approach mode for randomizing my iron practice and keep trying to improve my scoring in that mode. I will use the target mode to get out of a funk I might come across on a particular number. But for each club, I will hit 4-5 balls until I get one I like. I will make note of that club speed and try to match that # over another 10-15 balls. I am just going to try to find and repeat a good swing tempo for each club.

On the short wedge shots, the half swing & bump and run shots, this is not very useful, IMHO.

Rounds per year: 80-90. 

Handicap: 11.6

In my Bag:

Driver - Taylormade SLDR (Adjusted 1/2 to the draw side and 8* loft)

Fairway Woods: 3 & 5 Taylormade SLDR

Irons 4-AW: Taylormade M2 (2016)

Wedges: Volkey SM6 56* and SM7 60*

Balls: ProVx - preferred, Calloway Chrome second.

Holes in one: None  ;)

Albatross: ONE!  :D

Eagles: Many

Favorite golf slogan: It's a target game, not a distance game. 

I have this gizmo too. I like it;. Couple things about it that have not been mentioned in what I have read so far, in this thread.....

There is a approach mode and a target mode which I really like. Approach mode gives you a random number between 40-140yrds. You get points for how close you are to hitting that number. Nice for working with the irons. You can also set a specific number you want to hit it too in target mode.

As far as accuracy, I found it to be a little generous. I took it out with the Bushnell GPS/Laser hybrid. (Best Laser around, in my book.)

http://www.bushnellgolftradein.com/hybrid.html

I laser sighted the flags on the range started hitting those targets. I was particularly interested in the 100-240yrds so I was hitting consistent full swings. These were pretty calm days wind wise but the temps were a little cool and I was using range balls soo.... grain of salt.According to what I was hearing from the SC200 and what I was seeing with my own eyes, the SC200 was giving me more yardage than I was actually getting. It may be dead on balls accurate with a ProV & warmer temps. We'll see...... as soon as the damn weather warms up around here.

One strange anomaly! In several sessions using this, it reads my 6 iron as 200yrd carry. The first session was in a bubble (dome) and I was hitting with a brand new set of clubs. So I couldn't see the ball actually land. But image yourself hitting a brand new club for the first time and getting 200yrds out of a 6!!! I immediately started making made room in my wallet for my PGA Tour card. It's been like that for several sessions soooo.... whatever.

Here is how I plan to use this in practice sessions. I will use the approach mode for randomizing my iron practice and keep trying to improve my scoring in that mode. I will use the target mode to get out of a funk I might come across on a particular number. But for each club, I will hit 4-5 balls until I get one I like. I will make note of that club speed and try to match that # over another 10-15 balls. I am just going to try to find and repeat a good swing tempo for each club.

On the short wedge shots, the half swing & bump and run shots, this is not very useful, IMHO.

Great feedback in there, thx for your comments! I was thinking about one of these, but after reading about several "iffy" results .. especially with partial/shorter wedge shots .. I'm gonna hold off.

Either wait-and-see how the next gen develops or possibly splurge on a Mevo.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

• 1 month later...

Got this from Voice Caddie about additional set up tips

Hello,

Please confirm if your Swing Caddie is setup as described below and let us know your test results.

Distance of SC200 behind you is within 4 feet. For known high hitters we recommend placing further back up to 10 ft.

At least 6 ½ feet in front of you and the net (if no net do not worry about this) 

Do try to keep the SC200 front screen especially the Dopler camera as clean as possible as this reads the ball in flight to calculate readings

Make sure the ball and your SC200 are on the same level.

Is your unit in Carry or Total when hitting.

Range Balls: Some range balls (almost golf balls, foam or practice) are made to fly shorter due to material used so readings can be inaccurate

Colored Balls: colored balls have a harder time being read in flight.

If readings are inaccurate try propping your units front side on a note pad or small book to angle you Swing Caddie's dopler camera higher to read your best carry distance

The SC200 does not account for launch angle or ball spin so hooks, slices and other shots can be inaccurate.

Please let me know of any other ways you have your setup to further assist you. Thank you

Kind Regards,

Voice Caddie

13951 Valley View Ave

La Mirada, CA 90638

www.voicecaddie.com

Was helpful I use a SkyPro with it and speeds are very close so I know I have to get that ss up

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Archived