Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

I want Dustin and Bubba paired up

SargeDesign

The team is complete. Who should be paired together? My picks:

1. Dustin Johnson + Bubba Watson (The Bomb Squad)

2. Rickie Fowler + Tiger Woods (Rookie plus Veteran)

3. Matt Kuchar + Stewart Cink (Playing very well, and not playing so well)

4. Hunter Mahan + Phil Mickelson (One for driving, the other for scoring)

5. Steve Stricker + Jeff Overton (no reason here)

6. Zach Johnson + Jim Furyk (the "Stable" team)

SARGE BLOG: Helping people win the internet since the day I started helping people win the internet.

Not bad pairings Sarge. :D I did a little math... The "average" world standings for the two teams are 18.08 (USA) and 18.25 (Europe). This is going to be a good test. A lot is going to depend on the captains and who they match against who each day. :)

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

The team is complete. Who should be paired together? My picks:

1. Dustin Johnson + Bubba Watson (The Bomb Squad)

2. Rickie Fowler + Tiger Woods (Rookie plus Veteran)

3. Matt Kuchar + Stewart Cink (Playing very well, and not playing so well)

4. Hunter Mahan + Phil Mickelson (One for driving, the other for scoring)

5. Steve Stricker + Jeff Overton (no reason here)

6. Zach Johnson + Jim Furyk (the "Stable" team)

Tiger will be paired with Stricker- that's the only way he plays worth a sh!t in these team events. Sadly, I won't be watching this year. Pavin picking Woods was for economic reasons only. He played decent last week, but not enough to get a CP. Oh, well, there's always '12...

Tiger will be paired with Stricker- that's the only way he plays worth a sh!t in these team events. Sadly, I won't be watching this year. Pavin picking Woods was for economic reasons only. He played decent last week, but not enough to get a CP. Oh, well, there's always '12...

I have to disagree with you on this one Justin. I believe that the decision to take TW onto the team was a TEAM decision as much as it was Pavin's. Pavin, the co-captains, and team mates had very valid reasons for picking TW, you can bet on that. They want to win this as much or more than we want them to win. It's a matter of pride for all involved. I don't think that decision was made lightly and I don't think it was for $$. JMHO

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I have to disagree with you on this one Justin. I believe that the decision to take TW onto the team was a TEAM decision as much as it was Pavin's. Pavin, the co-captains, and team mates had very valid reasons for picking TW, you can bet on that. They want to win this as much or more than we want them to win. It's a matter of pride for all involved. I don't think that decision was made lightly and I don't think it was for $$. JMHO

I can respect that... but there was something The Golf Channel's crew (Chamblee if I remember correctly) said last week where Tiger's being in the RC is worth about $10 million in revenue/ad space for the PGA. Woods got lucky (so to speak) by having a decent tournament, but even if he missed the cut he was going to be picked. I just don't think he was worth the pick- at least, not this year.

I also disagree, how could they leave Tiger off? Economics/Sponsors or not? Who watches if he doesn't play, eh?

As for the Golf Channel commentators most of them are out to lunch...probably sponsor paid for...some stupid inane comments made on their site recently.

If I were a betting man, and I lay odds of 100-1 that I am not, my money would be on Tiger to win his matches, he knows that he has something to prove.

I still think Fowler was a strange choice; go with the hot hand. Not an easy choice though. Damned if you do and damned if you don't, ask Monty or Faldo.

The weather in Wales in October could be a factor!

Next season should be interesting....

15760_358761930455_699550455_10257549_5237594_n.jpg

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

If I were a betting man, and I lay odds of 100-1 that I am not, my money would be on Tiger to win his matches, he knows that he has something to prove.

100-1 odds you're not a betting man? You must rake in the winnings! :lol:

But I agree- that's the only way I see Tiger performing good enough to go at least .500 for the week. It'd be part of his image rehab.

This is somewhat OT, but I saw "Dustin" in the title and had to share this nugget from yesterday at the BMW. At the far end of the range at Cog Hill, there's a barn that's probably 30 feet tall. The barn is 277 yards away, and the top is 290, adjusted for elevation (per my Bushnell Pinseeker). I was watching guys hit drivers and some guys were actively going after the barn and hitting it. Then Dustin pulled out the driver. He hit his first ball at the barn, but we didn't hear the sound of ball hitting roof. I looked at my friend and said, "Did that hit the barn? I couldn't see." As if to answer the question, Dustin hits another one right at the barn that we both clearly saw fly OVER the barn. Truly ridiculous.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

This is somewhat OT, but I saw "Dustin" in the title and had to share this nugget from yesterday at the BMW. At the far end of the range at Cog Hill, there's a barn that's probably 30 feet tall. The barn is 277 yards away, and the top is 290, adjusted for elevation (per my Bushnell Pinseeker). I was watching guys hit drivers and some guys were actively going after the barn and hitting it. Then Dustin pulled out the driver. He hit his first ball at the barn, but we didn't hear the sound of ball hitting roof. I looked at my friend and said, "Did that hit the barn? I couldn't see." As if to answer the question, Dustin hits another one right at the barn that we both clearly saw fly OVER the barn. Truly ridiculous.

Which shows you a litle somehting about his game. He's 3rd in driving distance behind Robert Garrigus and Bubba Watson and he's doing stuff like that? To me, that means he knows when to play it smart- 3 woods and irons off the tee and whatnot. To have that power, but the brains to know when to reel it in is a skill not many have.

Archived