TESTERS WANTED! ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - MIZUNO JPX 900 IRONS

JBones

Sorry gang, real life got in the way of finsihinig this up yesterday. Hope to have it completed and up by early next week.

But here's a small tease to keep you until then.

attachicon.gifJPX Full Set Top.jpg

I can't even emphazose how much I want read your Stage 2. This is gonna be exciting!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't even emphazose how much I want read your Stage 2. This is gonna be exciting!

😂😂

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

i hope you're not setting yourself up for disappointment  :rolleyes:

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

This is the review I've wanted to read the most, out of them all. Is that why is seems like it's taking the longest to happen?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

This is the review I've wanted to read the most, out of them all. Is that why is seems like it's taking the longest to happen?

Mostly just unfortunate circumstances with injuries, and everyone wanting to do a good job so we don't disappoint. Personally, I just need to take more pictures because I can't seem to remember to do it while I'm on the course, too busy having fun!

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Mostly just unfortunate circumstances with injuries, and everyone wanting to do a good job so we don't disappoint. Personally, I just need to take more pictures because I can't seem to remember to do it while I'm on the course, too busy having fun!

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Getting in one final round on Thursday before I finish up my stage 2 testing. Philly Golf Guy invited me to his home club and I can't wait to play it.

Getting in one final round on Thursday before I finish up my stage 2 testing. Philly Golf Guy invited me to his home club and I can't wait to play it.

Guess my invite got lost in the mail. Tell him thanks alot.

J/k hope you guys have a great round.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

One word: datacentric

Great stuff man. I can tell you've put your heart and soul into it. I especially appreciated the fact that you took your pictures AFTER all that testing to show the insane durability.

Will be interested to see how far your HC drops once your wrist fully recovers.

Unfortunately I didn't have my wife proofread this time around, so I apologize for any typos.  I have worked very hard on this review and I hope that it comes through.

I didn't notice any typos, but I may have been to excited to notice.

Great thorough review. Loved the "after" pics, they had a real role.

My only problem is now I want them even more. Consistency is king with irons, and these certainly seem to deliver that.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I didn't notice any typos, but I may have been to excited to notice.

Great thorough review. Loved the "after" pics, they had a real role.

My only problem is now I want them even more. Consistency is king with irons, and these certainly seem to deliver that.

The set for sale on here for $500 is an absolute steal

And yes, consistency is the name of the game with these irons. No random fliers or insane distance losses.

The set for sale on here for $500 is an absolute steal

And yes, consistency is the name of the game with these irons. No random fliers or insane distance losses.

Just noticed a typo in my post! Freudian slip perhaps.

If the logistics weren't as difficult I'd jump all over the st for sale, but payment, shipping etc to and from Aus is a nightmare for private sales.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Joe, great Stage 2! It really makes me want to hit those bad boys just for kicks.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Stage 2 [/size]

Mizuno JPX 900 Tour Irons – Official MGS Forum Review by jlukes (November 17, 2017)[/size]

attachicon.gifIMG_9231.jpg

As I mentioned in my Stage 1, prior to this review I was gaming the Srixon 745 irons with KBS Tour Stiff shafts.  I had been gaming the Srixon 545 irons for about 18 months, but decided to switch to the 745s because I realized that I didn't need the extra distance from the 545s; what I needed was consistency and predictability.  I will focus a lot of my review around those components.  I also want to note that while a low single-digit handicap, I also was in the middle of a fairly significant swing change during the time I was selected for this review.   My miss lately was a snap hook and I wanted to keep my draw, but eliminate that hard left miss and even bring a slight fade into play when I wanted.  Throughout testing I experienced highs and lows with my swing and I think that actually enhanced my ability to test these irons because it allowed me to truly understand just how versatile they were.[/size]

When I received the PM that I was chosen to forum test the JPX 900 Tour Irons, I knew immediately that I was going to do everything the right way for a thorough review.  What that meant was I wanted to get fitted rather than just sent a shaft choice and specs that I thought would fit me.  I was on vacation for 4th of July weekend, but I knew I couldn't wait so I found the nearest place with a Mizuno shaft optimizer, kissed my wife goodbye, and got there ASAP.  The Mizuno shaft optimizer ranked my three best fits as:[/size]

• Project X LZ

• KBS C Taper Lite

• Nippon Modus 105
I was excited to get the results, but there was a problem: I have NEVER liked Project X iron shafts.  I was somewhat second guessing these results as I pondered submitting my details to MGS for have my order placed.  I had heard some really good things about the new LZ shafts, but didn't realize just how different they felt compared to regular Project X shafts.  With a bunch of the other guys in the testing on vacations as well, we found out we didn't have to submit our order until the end of the week.  This gave me time to go my range back home where 1) they have a full mizuno fitting cart and 2) my instructor teaches.  I played 18 the day after the 4th of July and proceeded to my fitting.  I made sure to book my fitting after completing 18 holes because I have read a lot about getting fit after the round (Michael Breed recommends it) as it allows you to find a shaft that you'll be comfortable swinging when you are tired at the end of a round and not just when you are fresh out of the car full of adrenaline.  I have around a 112 MPH driver swing speed so I always tend to get fitted into very stout shafts that I struggle loading correctly as my round wears on.  I did not want to make that mistake again and hoped this plan would work for me this time.[/size]

attachicon.gifstrategy.jpg

At my fitting I spoke to my instructor/fitter about what the Mizuno optimizer had spit out for me so he went and built three 6 irons for me to hit on the range (outdoor fittings are the best).  I took a few swings with my Srixon 6 iron to calibrate distance a bit (range balls) and I was hitting a little short of the 185 flag.  I then decided to hit the Project X LZ first and proceeded to drop three straight shots within a ten foot radius of the 185 flag.  The fitter said something along the lines of “well it looks like my work is done!”  I chuckled and hit few more full swings.  I then flighted some shots down as well as hit some punch shots to see if the combination met my full needs and it did with flying colors.  It was pretty cool to see the first recommendation from the shaft optimizer producing fantastic performance.  I won't waste time talking about the two shafts that I did not select, but I will say that the C Taper Lite was a close second, while the Modus 105 was a bit too light and launched/spun a bit too much for me.  To wrap things up I hit a few more shots with 900 Tour/PX LZ 6.0 combination and I was smitten.  We confirmed that I was good for standard length, loft, and lie, I thanked the fitter and sent my order off to MGS![/size]

Performance at the Range[/size]

The first thing I wanted to do when I received these irons was to do a yardage gap test.  The JPX 900 Tours are slightly weaker lofted in most clubs than my Srixon 745s so I was concerned that I might be losing some distance at the top of the bag.  I went to my my range and hit inside on their Foresight GC2 and used the computer software to do a yardage gap analysis through my set.  For this test I was able to use my gamer ball, the Taylormade TP5x.  To complete the analysis I started with my hybrid and worked my way down through my Vokey gap wedge.  We eliminated outliers and ultimately created a three shot average for each club.  You can see the results below:[/size]

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20170728-173651.png

I was EXTREMELY surprised and happy with the results - specifically at the top of the set.  Due to their blade-like appearance and weaker lofts, I was concerned that I would not get the necessary distances out of the 4 and 5 irons.  To my surprise, not only did they perform well, but I carried them 3-4 yards further than their Srixon counterparts and with much greater consistency.  Diving into the numbers, the weaker lofts actually HELPED my distance by generating more launch and thus helping my long irons have a much more desirable trajectory and apex - leading to longer and more consistent carry distances.  Unfortunately, this theory did not hold true for the 3 iron.  While I was able to hit the 3 iron pretty solid, I couldn't get the consistent carry distances I needed to consider keeping it in the bag over the hybrid.  The 3 iron had an average carry of 222 yards (not pictured) and just did not fit the gap between the 4 iron and my 3 wood properly.  The spin numbers across the board were what I expected from a cavity blade like these.  Generally with a pure blade you would see a 1:1000 relationship from iron to RPM (ie 5 iron = 5000rpm,  9 iron = 9000rpm) so I was hoping that the JPX Tours would fall close to that ratio and they certainly did.  Much of spin has to do with dynamic loft and strike, but the numbers show that the spin profile for each club is pretty consistent through the set, meaning that I would be able to have predictability through the set.  How this played out on the course would definitely be of great interest to me.  What really impressed me was the peak height.  I am a firm believer in that a high apex (with the right amount of launch and spin) is key to a good performing iron - especially since I find it much easier to flight a ball down rather than try to hoist the ball higher than the stock height.  I was really interested to see how the Jason Day-like peak height would translate outside where I could see the ball flight.[/size]

I spent a lot of time at the range with these irons because 1) I wanted to get a ton of information for testing and 2) Hitting these irons is addicting.  [/size]

Once I got over the enjoyment of flushing full swings (who am I kidding, I still enjoy it) started to pick out targets throughout the range, measure their distances with my laser, and then see how accurate I could be with the irons.  What I found was the 900 Tours produced an extremely repetitive and predictable ball flight.  Accuracy is the indian and not the arrow, but being able to predict how a ball will react based on the club you choose and the swing you put on it is where the real strength of an iron lies.  I never saw any crazy jumps in distance as I did when I gamed distance irons and I found the forgiveness (distance loss on hits away from the center) extremely satisfactory.  Give me an iron where I can predict the mishit and I am a happy golfer.  The 900 Tours mishit for me meant the ball was going to go about a half to a full club shorter (generally 6-12 yards) than a good strike.  I can live with that, especially because it is consistent and predictable.  I found that my lateral dispersion on the range was some of the best I have seen, and that when I wasn't hitting my target I was coming up just a bit short.[/size]

[/size]

Hitting different types of shots (¾, knockdown, low draws, etc) were only capped by my ability.  Everything that I know my swing is capable of was executable.  I particularly loved the ability to hit a knockdown mid iron as the trajectory was enough to penetrate the wind, but it appeared to still have enough spin to hold a green.  I was excited to see how that would translate to the course and real greens.  Overall, the Mizuno JPX 900 Tours surpassed every expectation I had for them on the range.  For me to give them any less than a perfect score here would be foolish.[/size]

Range Score[/size]: 10 (Out of 10 points)[/size]

Performance on the Course[/size]

The real test of the clubs would be to see if what I saw on the launch monitor during my gapping session and what I see when on the range translated directly to the performance on the course.  [/size]At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I will not rehash everything about consistency, accuracy, and performance on the course because it was indeed similar to what I saw on the range.  My yardage gapping was accurate, the launch and spin was everything I wanted, and I was able to play better golf because my mishits were not extremely predictable.  What I wanted to do in this section is talk about particular shots that reinforced everything I mentioned above.[/size]

Predictable performance: that was what I was looking for and that is what the Mizuno JPX 900 Tours deliver for me.  This was no more apparent over three 4-iron shots I played over my last two rounds.  The first shot came on a 90* dogleg right par 4 on my home course where the smartest shot is one that goes about 215-220 that leaves you right in the middle of the dog leg without about 110 yards left to the flag.  It is a short hole, but I have always struggled with it because if you go further than 220 you roll through the fairway and are in the rough on the side of mounds with terribly uneven lies.  In the past, I have tried to hit 4 iron here, but I have found that the lack of height and spin often caused me to roll through the fairway.  When I would drop back and hit 5 iron, it would leave me a blind shot over a bunch of bunkers into a small green.  However, I knew that the 900 Tour iron gave me better height and spin than previous 4 irons I've owned so I aimed at the inside corner of the dogleg and hit a beautiful, towering, baby draw of a 4 iron that landed in the middle of the fairway and only released about 2 or so yards.  I saw the shot, I executed the swing and the 900 Tour provided predictable performance with a carry of 215 yards and a nice soft landing.[/size]

Just two holes later I was faced with a par 3 that was playing 205 yards into about a one-club wind.  Again, I pulled the 4 iron.  I knew that if I made a good swing, the launch and spin characteristics combined with the head wind should knock about 10 yards off my shot.  I wasn't worried about hitting a low spin knuckle ball that would penetrate the wind more than expected and leave me off the backside of the green.  I made a good swing and again got another beautiful high draw.  The ball pitched pin high left of the pin and released 4 feet - leaving me 12 feet for birdie.[/size]

Several days later I was faced with a similar shot.  This time, I was 196 yards out, it was a little bit colder and the wind was more like a one and a half club wind.  Again, I took a standard swing with the 4 iron, produced a towering baby draw, and the ball landed pin high right of the pin and pitched about 2 feet leaving me about 15 feet for birdie.[/size]

Yes, I put great swings on all three of these shots - but the takeaway here is I was rewarded with identical ball flights and consistent results. [/size]

The predictability and consistency didn't stop there.  The 900 Tours really provided me with consistency in different lies as well.  With my old game improvement irons hitting shots from the light rough or a flier lie in the standard rough were often a guessing game.  Those irons were already reasonably low spinning and taking a shot out of higher grass meant 1) grass between the club and the ball and 2) contact higher on the face, which both mean lower spin.  Lower spin means potentially more distance and less stopping power.  The great thing about the 900 Tour irons is that they are very close to being a blade, meaning that the center of gravity on them is relatively neutral and, as you saw in my gapping data, the spin numbers are very true from club to club.  When faced with shots out of the rough with the Mizunos, I was not as worried about fliers.  Sure, the rare jumper still occurred, but it didn't penalize me like a jumper with a GI club would have.  I can't even begin to count the number of times I had a 7 iron or 9 iron into a green out of the rough and I still practically stuck the green because I did not experience a big drop in spin and I had optimal launch angles and apex heights.  [/size]

From fairway lies is where the Mizunos really outshine my previous gamers, the Srixon 745s.  The 745s, even with the V-Sole, had a very large sole.  In fact, I would argue that the 745s sole was one of the largest in its category over better player irons.  Srixon obviously agreed that the sole was too big, because they reduced it slightly in the Srixon 765 offering.  The sole of the Mizuno 900 Tour is rather slender, but in line with what you would expect to see from an iron in this category.  Because of the smaller sole, I found it much easier to hit consistent iron shots from tight fairway lies.  I did experience some digging on soggier fairways (but I dug just as much with my 14* bounce sand wedge, so it's obviously the indian), but nothing out of the ordinary.  I found the overall bounce and camber of the 900 Tours allowed me to make crisp, ball first, contact more often than not.[/size]

There is a little bit of perimeter weighting on the 900 Tours and I am sure that it helps a little with ball speed retention on off center hits.  Perhaps if I was a robot on a launch monitor I would be able to show real data to back up those marketing claims.  However, I am not a robot, nor do I play my golf on a launch monitor.  I play my golf on a course.  On a course where conditions vary, lies vary, and my swing varies.  What I learned over my 4 months of gaming the 900 Tours is that they doing everything I want them to do and they did not give me any negative surprised or ‘WTF' moments on the course.  If I hit it in the center with the right swing, the ball did exactly what I thought it would.  If I missed a little bit, than I would come up a bit short of my target, just as expected.  Being able to predict my miss made me more confident golfer and really provided me with a boost to my iron game.[/size]

Overall, on the course, the Mizuno JPX 900 Tour irons were really everything I want in an iron.  No club is point and shoot, but a club can be designed and crafted in a way that makes ball flight predictable and consistent.  And the 900 Tours give me the predictability and performance that I need.[/size]

Course Score[/size]: 40 (Out of 40 points)[/size]

attachicon.gifoncourse_800x600.jpg

Subjective[/size]

Looks [/size]

Being part of the JPX family, the 900 Tour has a bit more flair than something from the MP line.  I have always been a chrome guy (which is probably what drew me into the Srixon line), but there is something just very classing about the sandblasted finish of the 900 Tours. The sandblasted finish is nice because there are no issues with any sort of glare at address.  On the backside of the club you get a very small cavity with some different branding.  Nothing crazy, but a little more “busy” than something from the MP family.  If I had to summarize the look of the JPX 900 Tour it is players iron with a little visible technology flair.  I really wouldn't change much about the looks of the iron. While looking at the back side might give someone some added confidence due to the look of the “Power Frame,” when you stand over the club at address you see a blade with a thin top line and next to no offset. The finish held up well and I experienced no irregular marks or dings on the clubs other than the normal wear you'd expect to see on a fully forged club[/size]

Looks Score[/size]: 13 (Out of 15 points)[/size]

attachicon.gifIMG_9226.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9224.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9223.jpg

Sound and Feel[/size]

Mizuno irons have their fanboys raving about their unsurpassed feel and the grain-flow forging process that was at the core of this feel.  I was never one of these fanboys.  Heck, if you looked at my history on golf forums and on Twitter you would see that I often poked fun at people claiming that Mizuno's forging process was far superior to the other irons in the industry.  Well, it took me one range session to hang my head in shame and admit that these Mizuno's feel incredible.  The feel better than any iron I have hit - and I thought the Srixon 745s (and other forged irons I have demoed) felt pretty darn good.  Now most of what I equate to feel is actually sound, and therefore I have to tip my hat to Mizuno and whatever acoustics engineering they do when they create their irons as the 900 Tours feel/sound like no other forged iron out there.  Does this mean the Srixon irons feel like crap? Hell no!  But, to me, the Mizunos create a more pleasing sound/feel. And is that sound/feel due to the grain flow forging process? Maybe a little, but I really chalk it up to Mizuno just being extremely well at controlling the acoustics and vibrations in their clubs[/size]

Sound and Feel Score[/size]: 15 (Out of 15 points)[/size]

Likelihood of Purchase[/size]

The Mizuno JPX 900 Tour irons retail for around $1,200 which is pretty standard for a forged players iron.  If I was in the market for new irons, these would absolutely be at the top of my list.  The only iron that would potentially sway me in another direction is the new Mizuno MP 18 Iron.  I said I was drawn to chrome and I think that is why the MP 18 catches my eye.  That being said, I would absolutely need to test the irons head to head before making any sort of decision because if the JPX 900 Tours offers a little more forgiveness, than I would still go JPX all the way.  Being that I have the JPX 900 Tours already, I wouldn't even consider switching to any other iron, even the MP 18s.[/size]

LOP Score[/size]: 18 (Out of 20 points)[/size]

Conclusion[/size]

After 4 months of testing, the Mizuno JPX 900 Tour irons are firmly locked into my bag.  How solid of a hold do they have on that spot in the bag? Well, I sold my Srixon's over 2 months ago, so that should be a pretty good indicator.  If you've made it this far in my review, I really thank you for reading.  I hope I clearly communicated just how well the 900 Tour irons provided consistent and predictable performance for my game.  Sure I may shoot in the 70s, but I think a lot of my comments in this review go across handicap ranges.  Find an iron that fits your game and gives you the ON COURSE performance you need because we all know that golf isn't played on a launch monitor.[/size]

The launch monitor may have showed me that the 900 Tours were going to be a good fit for me, but it wasn't until I got them on the course that I was able to truly judge their performance and accurately assess just how well they fit my game.  Great launch/spin profiles throughout the set, consistent & predictable performance on the course, good looks and an unmatched feel are what makes the Mizuno JPX 900 Tour Irons a great fit for anyone looking for better-player's iron.[/size]

Total Score: 96 (Out of 100 points)[/size]

All photos below were taken after 4 months of testing.  No iron covers were ever used. 

4 Iron

attachicon.gifIMG_9204.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9205.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9206.jpg

5 Iron

attachicon.gifIMG_9207.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9208.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9209.jpg

6 Iron

attachicon.gifIMG_9232.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9233.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9234.jpg

7 Iron

attachicon.gifIMG_9210.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9211.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9212.jpg

8 Iron

attachicon.gifIMG_9213.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9214.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9215.jpg

9 Iron

attachicon.gifIMG_9216.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9217.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9218.jpg

PW

attachicon.gifIMG_9219.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9220.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9221.jpg

https://giphy.com/gifs/nbcagt-happy-applause-l0IyfLrdRotHEJWh2?utm_source=media-link&utm_medium=landing&utm_campaign=Media%20Links&utm_term=https://giphy.com/search/standing-ovation

Following my brother @jlukes, my stage 2 is now up as well. Hope you enjoy :)

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/20989-official-forum-member-review-mizuno-jpx-900-irons/?p=328946

Unfortunately I didn't have my wife proofread this time around, so I apologize for any typos.  I have worked very hard on this review and I hope that it comes through.

Great work man, I enjoyed reading yours and I reviewed/own the same product.

Following my brother @jlukes, my stage 2 is now up as well. Hope you enjoy :)

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/20989-official-forum-member-review-mizuno-jpx-900-irons/?p=328946

Top notch stuff Kory. Give yourself a little more credit, 12 isn't very far at all from single digits. I'll bet that your putting stats improve as a simple result of hitting better approaches and BAM, now you're a player.

I can't really afford a new set of irons right now, but you guys have me looking at that shaft optimizer pretty hard.

Hmmm. I sense something here...

You too dude. You nailed your first big review. From the looks of it, we really enjoyed similar aspects of the 900 Tours

From youngkory to JLukes, a VERY similar review!!! Distance, even though the Tours are “traditional” lofts, is very good, even longer than previous irons. Next, the four iron results! The loss of distance being about a club on mis-hits. Finally, the consistency.

When two different people say the EXACT same things, that means there's SOMETHING to what they're experiencing!

Wow. I gotta try these irons!!!

Great job!

Another great review. I'm sure the Tour model is beyond my ability, but I'm enjoying all the JPX900 reviews.

Sit tight. My Hot Metal review will be up soon. I ran into a couple technical issues in trying to work through.

Am shooting to have it up before your carve into your turkey!!

Great stuff YK!! I never get tired of watching thst stripe show with the tracer app.

You too dude. You nailed your first big review. From the looks of it, we really enjoyed similar aspects of the 900 Tours

I kinda knew we would, just based off of what we chatted about in PM, and from what I read on the forums when you post. It's like you're a longer-hitting version of me :) you probably putt better as well.

Top notch stuff Kory. Give yourself a little more credit, 12 isn't very far at all from single digits. I'll bet that your putting stats improve as a simple result of hitting better approaches and BAM, now you're a player.

I can't really afford a new set of irons right now, but you guys have me looking at that shaft optimizer pretty hard.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. The shaft optimizer is pretty amazing, that's why I had recommended it for tests I would like MGS to do (https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/21409-mgs-tests-wed-like-to-see/?p=343664). Funny that it also nailed it for @jlukes as well. Honestly, every other shaft I tried felt like hot garbage in my hands during the backswing, and when I would load it. Anything too stiff and I can feel it in my shoulders, and back muscles. The craziest thing is that ~7 months ago when I started playing again, you wouldn't be reading me type these kinds of comments. The forum review didn't just improve my golf, it showed me a completely different way of thinking -- feel based.

From youngkory to JLukes, a VERY similar review!!! Distance, even though the Tours are “traditional” lofts, is very good, even longer than previous irons. Next, the four iron results! The loss of distance being about a club on mis-hits. Finally, the consistency.

When two different people say the EXACT same things, that means there's SOMETHING to what they're experiencing!

Wow. I gotta try these irons!!!

Great job!

It looks like I copied what he said but I promise I didn't. I have the MS Word drafts to prove it lol. These clubs are the real deal and I'm officially a Mizuno fanboy now. I've convinced all of my coworkers already that they need to hit a Mizuno before buying anything, ever. They can't hit MY Mizunos though, hands off!

I'm so blown away by what these have done for me, and like I said, I'm an official Mizuno fanboy now. We're going to Japan next March and I made sure I get to go to the Mizuno store in Tokyo, wish I could take my clubs with me on a spiritual journey back to the flagship store (I know they're forged in Chuo and built in Georgia, but it has to count a little, right?) but that's out of the question.

Archived