:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Stage 2 is now posted as promised. I couldn't get a couple of the pictures to turn correctly for some reason.

Thank you for the review. I have been so anxious to see your thoughts on these irons.

The first question I have is, the LM Data carry distance numbers you posted seem to be close in average distances. Did you find good gapping distances between irons?

Lastly, please briefly expand on the forgiveness of the irons (compared to other sets of irons you have gamed or reviewed).

Great review too

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

@jlukes @yungkory

I just switched from MP-64's to JPX 900 tour's.  I like the 900 tours a lot.  I don't think they have the feel of the 64's and aesthetically a little more busy than the 64's but overall will provide slight advantage on off center hits.  I appreciate your reviews along with all the other reviewers on the JPX 900 line.

My question is directed at feel.  Do either of you have experience with forged mizzy irons and your thoughts on how the 900 tours compare?  From what I read the boron is a harder material so in turn would not have as much of a buttery feel and they seem to have more of a click at impact.  

Great reviews all an appreciate such great depth!

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

Thank you for the review. I have been so anxious to see your thoughts on these irons.

The first question I have is, the LM Data carry distance numbers you posted seem to be close in average distances. Did you find good gapping distances between irons?

Lastly, please briefly expand on the forgiveness of the irons (compared to other sets of irons you have gamed or reviewed).

Great review too

Great question and I don't think I explained that quite well enough. All of that data was simply fitting data so it was I believe a 6i with different shaft offerings. Not whatever club is stated. That was just the LM putting random things in there.

In term's of forgiveness I'd say they're on par if not a little better than my previous SLDR irons and MUCH better then the Mizuno blades I played previous (99% of that is probably me though). I think the ability to get these clubs on target more consistently is my perception of the forgiveness for the most part. Outside of bad shots that I make due to swing these perform wonderful.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

I'm planning on buying JPX900 Forged, but I was wondering about the effect of boron. According to this Mizuno video, the amount of boron is 3 parts per million, but it increases strength by 30%. The former sounds trivial, the latter obviously not. And what that means for feel is beyond me.

I was interested in this as well when I signed up. I personally have not been able to feel any difference between these and previous forged Mizuno irons I've played. The same "buttery" feel that existed before still exists.

@jlukes @yungkory

I just switched from MP-64's to JPX 900 tour's.  I like the 900 tours a lot.  I don't think they have the feel of the 64's and aesthetically a little more busy than the 64's but overall will provide slight advantage on off center hits.  I appreciate your reviews along with all the other reviewers on the JPX 900 line.

My question is directed at feel.  Do either of you have experience with forged mizzy irons and your thoughts on how the 900 tours compare?  From what I read the boron is a harder material so in turn would not have as much of a buttery feel and they seem to have more of a click at impact.  

I do have experience with a few other Mizuno irons, though none that I ever gamed - mainly just from demos and hitting friends irons.  The 900 Tours are up there with some of the best feeling I have ever hit.  I'd be lying if I could tell the difference between the 900 Tours and the MP5s

And for the record, the 900 Tours do NOT use boron

@jlukes @yungkory

Like @jlukes, I've also never gamed a set of Mizunos previous to these, but I'm officially a fanboy now and will probably never bag another brand. I've hit MP-25s, and the entire range of the MP-18 and they all feel amazing, even the MMC.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Stage 2 is now posted as promised. I couldn't get a couple of the pictures to turn correctly for some reason.

Great review. I really want a set of these, even more so now.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Great review. I really want a set of these, even more so now.

Come on down to Columbus in the spring and you can hit some!

I do have experience with a few other Mizuno irons, though none that I ever gamed - mainly just from demos and hitting friends irons.  The 900 Tours are up there with some of the best feeling I have ever hit.  I'd be lying if I could tell the difference between the 900 Tours and the MP5s

And for the record, the 900 Tours do NOT use boron

Ok cool.  Good to hear.  Thanks for the clarification on the boron.  I am not up on the technology but the video posted was great for additional understanding.

Thanks again guys!

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

My daughter is a freshman at OSU, so I will be down there. We'll definitely have to try to hook up.

My daughter is a freshman at OSU, so I will be down there. We'll definitely have to try to hook up.

Don't you bastards do anything without me!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Wouldn't dare!

So I got fitted for and ordered JPX 900 Forged 4-GW irons this morning, an S18 56.10 wedge with the same shaft/length/lie, and a CLK Hybrid 19 deg (3H). Since this thread was a factor in my decision, thought I'd report in. Too bad I live so close the North Pole as I won't really know how they play for about 6 months!

That's awesome...Glad you found the thread and reviews helpful.   No love for the MMC Fli-HI, did you try it?   Although I've heard the CLK is great as well.

Sounds like a good time for a winter trip down south for a week...ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

So I got fitted for and ordered JPX 900 Forged 4-GW irons this morning, an S18 56.10 wedge with the same shaft/length/lie, and a CLK Hybrid 19 deg (3H). Since this thread was a factor in my decision, thought I'd report in. Too bad I live so close the North Pole as I won't really know how they play for about 6 months!

Awesome! Make sure you use this thread to post your updates on how you're getting along with your new sticks!

I didn't try the MMC Fli-Hi, with almost everyone I know repeatedly telling me hybrids are the greatest thing since Eye2's and Big Bertha metal woods, I thought I should have just one of decent quality and try to learn to like it. I've not been at all fond of the 19 and 22 deg hybrids I carried this past year (rather hit my ancient 2-iron), though they are stock Callaway X-Series cheapos.

Now I'll buy a new driver and 3-wood after the PGA show, and I won't have any excuses for my middling handicap next year...

I'll be at the PGA Show, while I won't report on every singke thong I see. If there is something of particular interest, let me know and I'll get some pics and other info on it.

I'll be at the PGA Show, while I won't report on every singke thong I see. If there is something of particular interest, let me know and I'll get some pics and other info on it.

Will you be shopping while you're there?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Will you be shopping while you're there?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Browsing on a personal level, but mainly go to see what's new in the field for outings/tournaments, of course to any new club releases, meet with the reps from the companies we do business with in the pro shop and run into celebrities like Babajo   :D

You don't actually buy anything on an individual basis there, just place orders for your pro shop and such.   The very last day there are some vendors trying to offload some smaller things they dont' want to pack up and ship.  But in only going 3 years, I've learned not to go the last day, it almost become an embarrassment to be on the floor.  So many actual attendees have left and either sold or given their badges to friends or the general public, who go in and treat it like it's some giant freebie giveaway.   It's really a mess.  I've learned do my business early see who/what I need to on the first day if I can, use the 2nd day for just browsing around for things I may have missed or people I couldn't connect with the first day, then either golf or do a park on Friday before coming home. 

I can strap you to my hood and take you along. Your clubs can ride shotgun. ;-)

Wasn't sure if I should ask here or start another thread. I'm wondering if the shaft recommended for my new JPX900 Forged irons today is a good choice, and I think the order has already been placed. If it matters my iron swing analyzer numbers were 84 ball speed, 4-3-3-8 and the system recommended TT XP95 stiff shafts. I'm 63 so a lighter shaft (my old irons are 120g, mid kick Dynamic Golds) didn't come as a surprise. What has me concerned is I already hit the ball very high, and the TT site says the XP95 produces high trajectory, I don't think I want higher ball flight. I raised this concern with the fitter, and he said my Trackman launch angles with the XP95 shaft were below average, so he thought the shaft would work - but he said ‘I can't predict whether these will be higher or lower than your clubs.' I didn't have my old irons with me, my mistake.

I chatted with Mizuno online and they just said don't look at shaft trajectory alone, and that they're confident in the analzyer recommendations. I've never been fitted, any advice?

A lot of guys think they are hit the ball high when it reality they are fine or even low.

Carry is king, so high isn't necessarily bad.

Without knowing your launch angles, spin numbers, apexs and descent angles it would be hard to make any sort of conclusion.

I think at this point you can trust the recommendations you've received and then see what happens out on the course.

Could be, but I routinely go over trees when others think I've lost my mind (before I hit), I'd be worried about windy days (often enough here) with more height.

I didn't catch apex or descent angles, but spin was 4800-5000 with the 6 iron, probably normal for me especially with a traditional 5-iron loft.

And launch with the 900F 6 iron was about 14 deg, I realize that's very low but hitting indoors off a mat doesn't give me much confidence and outdoors isn't an option right now. He handed me some Callaway ultra GI 7 iron and my launch angle was 19 deg. Maybe that should reassure me the recommended shaft was good for the JPX900F. Just uneasy when I can't actually see trajectory.

Spin numbers are goods for a cavity back 6 iron so you won't have to worry worry about any ballooning.

I have a high ball flight too and I love it. For me it's easier to manufacture a low shot when I need to than tomorrow try to hit it's higher than normal.

TrackMan Optimizer Values

6 iron (optimized for carry and landing angle)

@ 95 mph club speed = height of 36 yards

@ 85 mph club speed = height of 32 yards

@ 75 mph club speed = height of 26 yards

@ 65 mph club speed = height of 19 yards

Wouldn't dare!

So y'all just gonna forget bout me? I see I see

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Nice job on the review Jason! Glad me fitting you worked out great. Guess i better get myself on the range and in the gym. Can't lose my distance advantage on you 🤣🤣

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Well you could at least keep track and report the colors and fabric type.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Well you could at least keep track and report the colors and fabric type.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

LOL. For you my friend, I will. Damm autocorrect gets me everytime.

So y'all just gonna forget bout me? I see I see

In a word....yes

In a word....yes

093B3F16-FB39-4802-B8A4-76D9B0BDB950.jpeg

Archived