JBones

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - MIZUNO JPX 900 IRONS

Our Sponsors

Didn't have my best ballstriking day with the 900 Tours on Wednesday but it just reaffirmed why I love these irons so much - the predictable miss.

Shots toward the toe or a little on the face still flew well and only lost a little yardage. No crazy jumpers.

Just love having a modern looking players cavity iron.

You're the “Brooks Koepka” of MGS! You're down to a 1.something handicap after getting your irons on here, and Brooks gets his and wins 3 majors... Just hit the gym and bulk up, and I'll start calling you “Brooksey”!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

You're the “Brooks Koepka” of MGS! You're down to a 1.something handicap after getting your irons on here, and Brooks gets his and wins 3 majors... Just hit the gym and bulk up, and I'll start calling you “Brooksey”!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like Lukesy

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Lukesy has a real ring to it 😁

• Like 1

I remember when I first saw Mizuno irons--it was a long time ago, although I can't remember exactly when.

They were always impressive looking, and then Faldo pushed them over the top big time.

A lot of guys seem to adjust them upright, but for me, they're irons that don't need to be adjusted flat.

Also, a 2005 (I think) Mizuno Fli Hi knocked a vintage Wilson 1200GE 1-iron out of my bag as my driving iron.

Anyway, those JPX 900 Tours look like yet another worthy successor to the tradition, more like MP clubs than previous JPXs,  and I've never seen a bad review on them.

• Like 2

The article on the 919 tours mentioned a new finish that will wear better than the finish on the 900s.

I took some pictures of my 900s to show why Mizuno might have been unhappy with the finish. It's barely noticeable up close, but a perfectionist company like Mizuno probably wanted to improve on it.

IMG_20180831_151702.jpegIMG_20180831_151717.jpeg

• Like 3

Those still look damn sexy!

• Like 1

Those still look damn sexy!

Oh no doubt. They've held up really nice!

Probably need to get the lofts checked at the end of the season, especially since I have to hit off mats at the range

• Like 1

I would throw these into the legion of legendary iron status. Among the following I think it's fair to say that the JPX 900 Tours who were selected by former Nike guys and off-contract golfers as their iron of choice are as good as anything ever made.

Maybe I'm a little nuts but I would absolutely throw these in the likes of:

PING Eye 2

MP 14/29

Tommy Armour 845

Titleist 962B

Callaway Big Bertha

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

They really have been a "Major" boost for Mizuno 😁. But in all seriousness, I love my JPX 900 Hot Metals but I do wish I had gone for the Forged. Oh well there might be testing coming up soon 🤔😁😎

• Like 2