JBones

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - MIZUNO JPX 900 IRONS

Awesome Joe!! Great way to get aquatinted with you.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Great start guys. The pictures look grrreeeat! Mizunos are freaking

• Like 2

Great reviews and excellent pictures so far guys!! All though I am biased seen as I have a set of Hot Metals :wub: !!

• Like 1

Ok enough drooling, CG2 how are you finding the launch and flight of the Hot Metals? If the answer is in your stage 2 feel free to ignore this post :D

Stage 1 is up, enjoy. https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/20989-official-forum-member-review-mizuno-jpx-900-irons/?p=328945

I promise those aren't Instagram filters, just a nice Hawaiian sunset :D

Great starts guys! These clubs practically take their own beautiful pictures. Can't wait to see more!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Good work so far boys!

• Like 1

Ok enough drooling, CG2 how are you finding the launch and flight of the Hot Metals? If the answer is in your stage 2 feel free to ignore this post :D

Sure! Thanks for the question.

I'll have more data in Stage 2. But I certainly can pass on info from the eye test

They launch HIGH. Too high? That remains to be seen with more time with them. I'm a high ball hitter by nature. But I can say the higher lofted end such as 8-P are higher flying than the 8-P in my Z765's.

Not by a mile, but certainly noticiable. There has been only one instance where I think it was noticeably affected by being too high.

On a 135 yard par 3, I hit a very solid 8 into a bit of a breeze. I hit it about as solid as I can. Halfway there I thought it was going to be all over the flag. Then it just fell out of the air -Like the turkeys in the WKRP in Cincinnati Thanksgiving promotion --you young guys will have to YouTube that onea good 15 yards short of the green. I was pretty shocked.

But that's the only one so far that has been adversely effected.

For the record I have KBS C-Taper LT 110 G Regular flex. Nippon Modus 105 in the Srixon.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

I'll have more data in Stage 2. But I certainly can pass on info from the eye test

They launch HIGH. Too high? That remains to be seen with more time with them. I'm a high ball hitter by nature. But I can say the higher lofted end such as 8-P are higher flying than the 8-P in my Z765's.

Not by a mile, but certainly noticiable. There has been only one instance where I think it was noticeably affected by being too high.

On a 135 yard par 3, I hit a very solid 8 into a bit of a breeze. I hit it about as solid as I can. Halfway there I thought it was going to be all over the flag. Then it just fell out of the air -Like the turkeys in the WKRP in Cincinnati Thanksgiving promotion --you young guys will have to YouTube that onea good 15 yards short of the green. I was pretty shocked.

For the record I have KBS C-Taper LT 110 G Regular flex. Nippon Modus 105 in the Srixon.

Hope that helps.

Dang that's falling out of the sky quicker than a momma hawg draining a slop trough! Hitting a high shot into a protected green is not a bad thing so it will be interesting to see how these higher lofted irons work in calm conditions.

• Like 1

Dang that's falling out of the sky quicker than a momma hawg draining a slop trough! Hitting a high shot into a protected green is not a bad thing so it will be interesting to see how these higher lofted irons work in calm conditions.

So far in calm conditions, they are doing just fine, seem to have picked up about a club in distance over the Srixons.  But I'll have some hard data on that in Stage 2.

• Like 3

So far in calm conditions, they are doing just fine, seem to have picked up about a club in distance over the Srixons.  But I'll have some hard data on that in Stage 2.

Curious to see what the launch numbers look like!  

• Like 1

Great starts guys! These clubs practically take their own beautiful pictures. Can't wait to see more!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Yes they do. I am by no means a photographer and took the pictures with my phone (DSLR broke and I spend all my money on golf so I can't buy a new one).

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hope that helps.

Brilliant, thanks for the answer. I have found that the are launching high for me also but I am getting really good distance with great stopping power also. Several times a round I find myself only able to say "WOW" as the ball rockets away from me.

• Like 1

Brilliant, thanks for the answer. I have found that the are launching high for me also but I am getting really good distance with great stopping power also. Several times a round I find myself only able to say "WOW" as the ball rockets away from me.

Yep. I learned a couple years ago. For most of us average amateurs, we can't hit a ball too high if that makes since. More true with the driver than irons likely. But I think the thought holds true with them.

I've played with some friends who hit medium to low iron shots and have trouble getting them to hold some greens. So I'll take too high over too low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Excellent start guys. I've been eyeing Mizunos for about a year and everything you guys have posted so far is making me want some more. I can't wait to read the rest.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Excellent start guys. I've been eyeing Mizunos for about a year and everything you guys have posted so far is making me want some more. I can't wait to read the rest.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks...Feel free to ask any questions or for pics of any particular club if you'd like in the meantime, until our Stage 2's go up in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

Just another nugget from some testing today.

If interested, people might want to keep an eye on the FS section for a set of gently used Srixon 565/765 irons  ;)

• Like 4